Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which young players will make an impact in EB 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like our future frontcourt. Motiejunas Valanciunas. And with the young ones A.Gudaitis and D.Sabonis. D.Sabonis is extremely good for his age. only 19. He will be 21 by the EC 2017 and I would expect him being in NBA by that time getting bigger stronger and faster.
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

What is considered a young player? Valanciunas this year is in my opinion a borderline "young" player at 23. Monti is already 25, he should've been impact. Two of them in 2017 would not be considered young players by any standards, those are already mid career years. Same would go for Bogdanovic, Kalinic, Nedovic in Serbia and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        The same Lekavičius. He doesn't exactly make impact this summer, so his time might come exactly in 2017.
        What will be Lekavicius real problem is his height for the future. At the moment he has no skills or accurate shooting to compensate for his height.. And height does matter.
        Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          What is considered a young player? Valanciunas this year is in my opinion a borderline "young" player at 23. Monti is already 25, he should've been impact. Two of them in 2017 would not be considered young players by any standards, those are already mid career years. Same would go for Bogdanovic, Kalinic, Nedovic in Serbia and many others.
          Yeh I know. I just said overall about how would our frontcourt look...And even though Motiejunas or Valanciunas will not be considered young by EC 2017 they are still not at that age that they cant improve anymore.
          Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
            Yeh I know. I just said overall about how would our frontcourt look...And even though Motiejunas or Valanciunas will not be considered young by EC 2017 they are still not at that age that they cant improve anymore.
            Someone can improve at 32 The idea is to highlight kids who are now let's say up to 20-21 max, that might break out then. Like I said guys who are 22-23 now already should not be considered young at this time in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              Someone can improve at 32 The idea is to highlight kids who are now let's say up to 20-21 max, that might break out then. Like I said guys who are 22-23 now already should not be considered young at this time in two years.
              i agree just look at Reyes in his years he started improving his 3pt shooting xD
              Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                i agree just look at Reyes in his years he started improving his 3pt shooting xD
                + Ömer Onan
                IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
                Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
                Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
                Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
                Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Porzingis might be really good at 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Upi View Post
                    I hope a few guards surprise for Finland, but likely players to have impact are Alex Murphy and Lauri Markkanen.
                    Keeping my fingers crossed that Markkanen will go to NC for college ball.
                    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by Cringe View Post
                      Porzingis might be really good at 2017
                      I have read that Latvia has some really good young players. Any others besides Porzingis? We actually had a Latvian playing basketball at the college I worked at. He was not that great though.
                      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Along side 19 years old Andrej Magdevski (Owned by Unicaja MVP U20 B EC, 19 PPG), 19 years old Kristijan Nikolov (Owned by Galatasaray and playd a few EL games at age 18).

Ljubomir Mladenovski 20 years old center might have a impact 2017. 16.0 PPG and 10.5 RPG at the U20 EC not long ago, 29 min per game. Dubbel dubbel every game. Need to work on the FT, just 52% at the U20 EC. If he become 80-85% FT shooter can become very dengerus player. 64% FG.

He is expected to explode in ABA liga this or the next year. Playd test senior games against Israel and Ukraina this summer did OK, 7 and 8 points. Did not gett the chance to show himself at this EC keept on the bench.

Andrej Maslinko 2006 CM, 18 years old. Will get action in Italian Serie B. Paffoni: http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...na/5190?Page=1

Talented player. Owned by Milano. MZT tryd to bring him home this summer home but Italians say no.

Oliver Dvojakovski another young tall player, 18 years old too. Sevillia 2. http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...nd_team/257464

So ye, look prity promising on G and C possition.

Andrej, Kristijan and Ljubomir should make impact 2017. Maybe Maslinko too.
                        FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

95-97 generation of Turkey
                          We will see them having decent minutes on court and impact on Team.
                          Cedi Osman, Emircan Kosut, Egemen Guven, Okben Ulubay, Furkan Korkmaz, Kartal Ozmizrak, Kenan Sipahi (on loan to Karsiyaka - great chance for him to develop his game), Tolga Gecim.
                          They have all the potential to be in the roster and they have to work and play a lot next 2 years. Players, who are marked with bold, will surely have 15 min average this year. Cedi probably 25+.
                          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Pau Gasol

The most promising youngs at Spain are Vives, Abrines, Díez and Willy Hernangómez (his brother Juancho too). We will need them, but if not, we can rely in a 37 years old player, Gasol deserves that credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                              Pau Gasol

The most promising youngs at Spain are Vives, Abrines, Díez and Willy Hernangómez (his brother Juancho too). We will need them, but if not, we can rely in a 37 years old player, Gasol deserves that credit.
                              I love Abrines, I think he can help a lot in the future as you start to filter out Ruddy etc.

Hernangomez to me is a big mystery. He is extremely strong for his age and very mature post player already. On the other hand, despite having all that, he is a pretty crappy defender. He moves well, and has decent hands but tends to be a non-passer in the post up situations. If he is to be successful post up player where he will be crowded and doubled with playside and backside help, he needs to be able to pass out and distribute out of that, to complement his game. Otherwise teams won't respect him as a passing threat and just crowd him with 2 guys whenever he gets close to the paint.

Comment

Della Valle,Abass,Fontecchio and Mussini!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information