Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which young players will make an impact in EB 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Someone can improve at 32 The idea is to highlight kids who are now let's say up to 20-21 max, that might break out then. Like I said guys who are 22-23 now already should not be considered young at this time in two years.
    i agree just look at Reyes in his years he started improving his 3pt shooting xD
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Exitche View Post
    i agree just look at Reyes in his years he started improving his 3pt shooting xD
    + Ömer Onan

Porzingis might be really good at 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Upi View Post
    I hope a few guards surprise for Finland, but likely players to have impact are Alex Murphy and Lauri Markkanen.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that Markkanen will go to NC for college ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringe View Post
    Porzingis might be really good at 2017
    I have read that Latvia has some really good young players. Any others besides Porzingis? We actually had a Latvian playing basketball at the college I worked at. He was not that great though.

Along side 19 years old Andrej Magdevski (Owned by Unicaja MVP U20 B EC, 19 PPG), 19 years old Kristijan Nikolov (Owned by Galatasaray and playd a few EL games at age 18).

Ljubomir Mladenovski 20 years old center might have a impact 2017. 16.0 PPG and 10.5 RPG at the U20 EC not long ago, 29 min per game. Dubbel dubbel every game. Need to work on the FT, just 52% at the U20 EC. If he become 80-85% FT shooter can become very dengerus player. 64% FG.

He is expected to explode in ABA liga this or the next year. Playd test senior games against Israel and Ukraina this summer did OK, 7 and 8 points. Did not gett the chance to show himself at this EC keept on the bench.

Andrej Maslinko 2006 CM, 18 years old. Will get action in Italian Serie B. Paffoni: http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...na/5190?Page=1

Talented player. Owned by Milano. MZT tryd to bring him home this summer home but Italians say no.

Oliver Dvojakovski another young tall player, 18 years old too. Sevillia 2. http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...nd_team/257464

So ye, look prity promising on G and C possition.

Andrej, Kristijan and Ljubomir should make impact 2017. Maybe Maslinko too.
    FAMILY AERODROM

95-97 generation of Turkey
    We will see them having decent minutes on court and impact on Team.
    Cedi Osman, Emircan Kosut, Egemen Guven, Okben Ulubay, Furkan Korkmaz, Kartal Ozmizrak, Kenan Sipahi (on loan to Karsiyaka - great chance for him to develop his game), Tolga Gecim.
    They have all the potential to be in the roster and they have to work and play a lot next 2 years. Players, who are marked with bold, will surely have 15 min average this year. Cedi probably 25+.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Pau Gasol

The most promising youngs at Spain are Vives, Abrines, Díez and Willy Hernangómez (his brother Juancho too). We will need them, but if not, we can rely in a 37 years old player, Gasol deserves that credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Pau Gasol

The most promising youngs at Spain are Vives, Abrines, Díez and Willy Hernangómez (his brother Juancho too). We will need them, but if not, we can rely in a 37 years old player, Gasol deserves that credit.
    I love Abrines, I think he can help a lot in the future as you start to filter out Ruddy etc.

Hernangomez to me is a big mystery. He is extremely strong for his age and very mature post player already. On the other hand, despite having all that, he is a pretty crappy defender. He moves well, and has decent hands but tends to be a non-passer in the post up situations. If he is to be successful post up player where he will be crowded and doubled with playside and backside help, he needs to be able to pass out and distribute out of that, to complement his game. Otherwise teams won't respect him as a passing threat and just crowd him with 2 guys whenever he gets close to the paint.

Della Valle,Abass,Fontecchio and Mussini!

Some people are fooled if they think that young players under 24 can make a serious impact. When it matters, they are gone. Just two or three young players can really shine in tournaments like these.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Some people are fooled if they think that young players under 24 can make a serious impact. When it matters, they are gone. Just two or three young players can really shine in tournaments like these.
    At least 10 U-24 players can make impact in these tournaments. U-24 measurement is so far-reaching, if we take down the age range down to age 21, I can agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    I was about to write Basile & Marconato...
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    I was about to write Basile & Marconato...
    i'm kidding

It takes some amazing generational talent to have an impact on their first tournament.Most truly elite players started performing after their second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Della Valle is the skiniest dude i've seen playing proffesinal bball since Gagaloudis.He's goin nowhere with this body.

Aleksandar Vezenkov, if Bulgaria manages to qualify.
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Stefan Peno, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Els6-3GjHKk) could/will most likely be Teo's heir to the throne, great vision, high IQ, amazing movement off the ball, great athlete, impressive rebounding skills for his position, everything is there.

Vanja Marinkovic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRAQJk_18k) impressive shooting technique, accuracy, can shoot over hand and pressurized with ease even now and will improve even more. Good athleticism and will get even better. High basketball IQ, high hopes for pure blood shooting G with adequate physicality, might end up being very improved version of Rakocevic.

Others are more or less known to whole Europe, such as Jokic, Zagorac, Rebic, Tejic. Micic is 21 now, will be 23 at EC17 and besides that needs to improve his mental composition before making an impact, or even before getting called up to NT again. Dangubic also isn't considered young prospect anymore and needs to work on his shooting under pressure and w/contact since he's not a pure shooter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    At least 10 U-24 players can make impact in these tournaments. U-24 measurement is so far-reaching, if we take down the age range down to age 21, I can agree with you.
    It depends on what you consider players who make a difference. Difference makers for me are those who can carry a team to win titles, medals, or are on medal candidate teams if you may. There's really very few players who are 23 and under on that level. People who think that they can make a great team with some players under 23 are delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Less talented, but mature players from teams like the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland are more useful than 'most' players we consider talents in Europe.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    It depends on what you consider players who make a difference. Difference makers for me are those who can carry a team to win titles, medals, or are on medal candidate teams if you may. There's really very few players who are 23 and under on that level. People who think that they can make a great team with some players under 23 are delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Less talented, but mature players from teams like the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland are more useful than 'most' players we consider talents in Europe.
    You didn't use ''difference maker'' title for these player in your first post I agree with you if you meant difference makers. Though how many teams have this kind of player in their roster, almost half of them. I can't see star players in every roster. Some have few that they are lucky, some have one that they depend on that player too much and some have no player who can change the destiny that they look for a miracle. So it is not about age but the quality of player and his winner character.

Young players can make serious impacts but are they be able to run the things on their own, it is doubtful. If they manage to be that effective then they appear as phenomena players.

Add Czech youngsters:
    Pechachek, Peterka and Kouril

and of course Bosnians:
    Atic, Buza, and may be Musa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast