67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greece

44 65.67%
  • Spain

23 34.33%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: [1/4 finals - Day 1] Greece - Spain

Quote Originally Posted by taybot14 View Post
    He won.. But he did not have so huge impact. In NT there were always great players around him diamantidis fotsis papaloukas smarter than him to control the game.

His biggest achievement were the two euroleagues but even there he was not alone he had good players around when he is in bad day.

Actually it's not the first time spanoulis had so bad game, he had many games in which he became crazy and penalized his teammates by his selfishness during his carrier. And it is always during his "bad " games that he plays the most minutes, don't know why... He is better when he plays few but serious minutes.
    I don't think he was selfish in this game or in this tournament. He tried, although obviously he's not in great shape, but was well guarded.

But again, look at the playing minutes. Spanoulis 32 - Calathes 33 - Ante 34 - Printezis 34. Except from the obvious problem that Calathes and Spanoulis do not complement each other on offense, how about giving those guys (except Ante maybe) some more time to breathe? How about being a bit more aggressive on Llull and Rodriguez to make them tired and lose focus? Well exactly the opposite happened. How about using Ante on Mirotic and let some other forward play some minutes to help on defense and find rhythm? But no instead we had Sloukas 4 - Perperoglou 3 - Kaimakoglou 2 - Matzaris DNP - Papanikolaou DNP. This is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    I don't think he was selfish in this game or in this tournament. He tried, although obviously he's not in great shape, but was well guarded.

But again, look at the playing minutes. Spanoulis 32 - Calathes 33 - Ante 34 - Printezis 34. Except from the obvious problem that Calathes and Spanoulis do not complement each other on offense, how about giving those guys (except Ante maybe) some more time to breathe? How about being a bit more aggressive on Llull and Rodriguez to make them tired and lose focus? Well exactly the opposite happened. How about using Ante on Mirotic and let some other forward play some minutes to help on defense and find rhythm? But no instead we had Sloukas 4 - Perperoglou 3 - Kaimakoglou 2 - Matzaris DNP - Papanikolaou DNP. This is just crazy.
    During the tournament he was not selfish but in this game, he was forcing tooo much as always when he is in bad day. And during important games in his carrier he was always kind of selfish cause he wants to "find "his shot... But he wastes to many play and penalizes his teammates. I just don't undersant why always in his "bad" games he is playing even more time and has even more crazy attempts. His best games were when he was sharing the ball not when he missed 10 shots and put one at the end for the win.

I totally agree with you, it's not the fault of spanoulis but of the coach who did not know how to manage all his players.

And yes Calathes and spanoulis are not complementary at all.

Spanoulis can only play with mantzaris bytheway, cause mantzaris does need too much time the ball to be perfom efficiently.

Spanoulis has a hero complex, just like his mentor, Giannakis.

Please, people, wait a second, i finished my popcorn.
    Bf_uToYCUAA8_jk.jpg

Steve Rose analysis of the defeat: http://www.sport24.gr/Columns/triant...a.3667074.html

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    This year, sure. But previous Spanish teams were still dominating, even without Pau. They simply had an amazing, fully loaded roster, and they could have even achieved more.
    Spain couldn't win nothing without him , eurobasket 2005,2013,WC 2010. They only won WC 2006 finals game without him , Gasol was injured so he couldn't play, but he was with the team.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    Please, people, wait a second, i finished my popcorn.
    Bf_uToYCUAA8_jk.jpg
    I came here to taste some internet tears(by either side, didn't care who won or lost) only to find situation even more alarming, reminded me why i dont post here often.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    Spain couldn't win nothing without him , eurobasket 2005,2013,WC 2010. They only won WC 2006 finals game without him , Gasol was injured so he couldn't play, but he was with the team.
    Aah, my lack of expression skills. I meant if you put Gasol in another good Euro roster (let's say to Croatia, with no disrespect), that team would not be more successful than Spain without Gasol. Spain on the other hand would still be formidable, possibly achieving the same, maybe even more. This is the point I was unsuccessfully trying to make. and then he scored half of his team's points in semi-finals. go figure.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021