41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Georgia

10 24.39%
  • Lithuania

31 75.61%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [1/8 finals - Day 2] Georgia - Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by omgsomuchpotential View Post
    Translation: "If I ever stumble upon Maciulis sleeping with my wife, I'll ask what he'd like for breakfast."
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    Mačiulis with Jankūnas are pushing us up and Kalnas is draging us down with his mistakes and terrible shooting...
    While Mantas Kalnietis' three point shooting was really lousy again ( 1- 8), he played pretty well otherwise versus Georgia. He was on the floor for 36 minutes and compiled seven assists versus only one turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    While Mantas Kalnietis' three point shooting was really lousy again ( 1- 8), he played pretty well otherwise versus Georgia. He was on the floor for 36 minutes and compiled seven assists versus only one turnover.

Finally yes, he improved his game in the second half, stoped shooting from 3point range and started passing. I wrote it after 2 quaters when a view was really bad.
    Last edited by Ashtrusis_dantis; 09-14-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noncom View Post
    Our enthusiasm keeps us going. I don't see any reason not to celebrate a victory because it was vs Georgia and not vs Spain.
    We have to admit, basketball is changing and the classic basketball powerhouses are going to have hard time in the international arena against so called underdog countries. You would have never thought that Serbia would have so many problems with a country like Finland and won the match only in the last quarter. You would never thought Spain would struggle against Germany facing elimination. And they won only because of a heroic show of Pau, like Mačiulis did for us yesterday.

You saw a lot of European championships, think about it. Every basketball team can play now. If they can't they naturalize players and then they can play.
    I agree. The gap between the first tier and the last tier teams has become smaller, especially in this EB. More interesting games now than in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noncom View Post
    So, stop labeling the classic labels of the worthy countries and the not worthy.
    Underestimating your opponents is very dangerous today.
    I didn't use the word "worthy". You mean that you don't approve the word "caliber". Noted.
    But, like it or not, anyone will continue to band together the teams accordingly to their rosters, potential, recent performance etc. It's not disrespectful nor unpractical. Nothing wrong with that.

Believe me, I'm not a hater of Lithuania, on the contrary, I like your "madness" with the bb and I consider you the greatest nation bb wise worldwide. (considering your achievements and your population). But I was expecting that you (the fans) would have greater demands from your team because I've been many times in the same position (my team had won a theoretically weak opponent with great difficulty) and I was more disappointed than happy. Anyway, everyone has different ways to deal with reality. No intention to insult or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    But I was expecting that you (the fans) would have greater demands from your team because I've been many times in the same position (my team had won a theoretically weak opponent with great difficulty) and I was more disappointed than happy.
    The reason Lithuanian fans are celebrating though is that the victory was in the Round of 16! Lithuanian fans were for months before the tournament afraid of this game regardless of the opponent. However the team played beforehand, a loss in this game would have meant that the Olympic dream was effectively ended. Therefore losing the game yesterday was the nightmare scenario for Lithuanian fans, the worst possible outcome in the Tournament. So the opponent, whether Georgia or any other, didn't matter.

The celebration is thus mostly one of relief! Now there's still a very good chance for Lithuania to make at least the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. Continuing the string of Olympic appearances is not only very important to Lithuanian basketball fans, it's important to the country at large. There's no better ad for Lithuania as a country than for the men's basketball team to make the Olympics and to then face the U.S. team, particularly if the game is competititve!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910