View Poll Results: Who should be on the All-Tournament Team?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pau Gasol

35 56.45%
  • Tony Parker

15 24.19%
  • Nemanja Bjelica

34 54.84%
  • Vassilis Spanoulis

11 17.74%
  • Nando De Colo

17 27.42%
  • Krunoslav Simon

2 3.23%
  • Jan Vesely

19 30.65%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

5 8.06%
  • Ersan Ilyasova

1 1.61%
  • Danilo Gallinari

24 38.71%
  • Jonas Valanciunas

16 25.81%
  • Omri Casspi

1 1.61%
  • Nikola Mirotic

0 0%
  • Marcin Gortat

0 0%
  • Other

20 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2015 All-Tournament Team

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    How so? One monster game, and he put up all of his averages.
    Averages are averages. You take the good with the bad, and average them all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    Yes, where is Mačiulis? And don't talk about one game. He had only one bad game during all turnament. Her are his stats:
    He's in the "Other" with the rest of the players who are not on the list.
    All this data until now is important, but meaningless before the end of the tourney. And if Mačiulis delivers tomorrow against Italy I agree that he should be considered, but that also depends on other players.

Untitled.jpg

My five from retarded Eurobasket site, which is listing players at wrong positions.

Banned

Teodosic, Satoransky
    De Colo, Gentile
    Gallinari, Maciulis
    Bjelica, Vesely
    Gasol, Valanciunas

All-Tournament Team final prediction
    Rodriguez
    De Colo
    Bjelica
    Gasol (MVP)
    Valanciunas

I wanted to pick Teodosic instead of Bjelica, but then there would be too many guards.

Decolo,Teodosic,Maciulis,Gasol,Valanciunas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Decolo,Teodosic,Maciulis,Gasol,Valanciunas
    If LTU wins the final, this could very well be the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    If LTU wins the final, this could very well be the 5.
    what do you think the 5 is if Spain wins? no Mačiulis?

I'm not fully sure, but isn't MVP and all-tournament team selected before final game is finished? During HT or even before the game and only announced after. I might confuse it with Euroleague, but knowing that after the game there's simply too little time to gather all the votes, it my be the case with Eurobasket too

Quote Originally Posted by matrixa View Post
    what do you think the 5 is if Spain wins? no Mačiulis?
    Exactly. Rodriguez instead of Maciulis. But if the votes are cast before the end of the final, then that logic no longer holds.

Teodosic - De Colo
    Maciulis
    Bjelica - Gasol

mvp gasol or maciulis depending on the result of the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    Teodosic - De Colo
    Maciulis
    Bjelica - Gasol

mvp gasol or maciulis depending on the result of the finale.
    But 2 players that might finish 4th seems strange to me. Shouldn't 2 players be chosen from the winning team ideally?

Judging from whole tournament and i wanted to put a true 4 instead of combining gasol & valanciunas. Anyway except maciulis and gasol, i can see people picking different players for other positions.

The best PG - Teo, the best SG - De Colo, the best SF - Maciulis, the best PF - Gallinari, the best C - Gasol. IBN honorable mention - Seibutis

4 players from top4, 5th from outside, it's not uncommon practise for that to happen (Dragic 2013, Kirilenko 2003 with Russia finishing 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    The best PG - Teo, the best SG - De Colo, the best SF - Maciulis, the best PF - Gallinari, the best C - Gasol. IBN honorable mention - Seibutis

4 players from top4, 5th from outside, it's not uncommon practise for that to happen (Dragic 2013, Kirilenko 2003 with Russia finishing 8th)
    Yes, I thought of Gallinari too. His inclusion is quite possible, especially because ESP, which is the favorite to win the gold, is so reliant on one player, making it difficult to select a second ESP player to put on the all-tournament team.

Yes, I thought of Gallinari too. His inclusion is quite possible, especially because ESP, which is the favorite to win the gold, is so reliant on one player, making it difficult to select a second ESP player to put on the all-tournament team.
    Exactly. Any 2nd Spanish players has better competitor in other top4 team: SerRod < Teo, Mirotic < Bjelica and since Teo is way more obvious choice as he is simply the best PG in tournament, I'd think that PF position will be open, I can hardly see 2 Serbs bein' there, so either it's Gasol and C Valanciunas, either it's someone outside top4. Gallinari was 2nd in av.efficiency, other candidate only could be Vesely, who was double/double machine, played as C, but in these all-tournament teams exact position is not that vital

Exactly. Rodriguez instead of Maciulis. But if the votes are cast before the end of the final, then that logic no longer holds.
    Maciulis was our best player in this tournament im sure in this,more important in this champ than Valanciunas.He saved our asses almost every time our house was burning.If Lithuania looses tonight,im still would choose maciulis instead of valanciunas to represent ltu in all tournament team. Maciulis has best EFF than any other SF in this championship.Valanciunas is a center and he has EFF only couple more than him.Maciulis is SF and he did like 3 double doubles in this tournament ! He was making clutch shot after clutch shot.Both Jonas were our teams leaders,but Jonas Maciulis was still the main one.But he is not from nba,so organizators can choose Valanciunas instead,like it happend in eurobasket2013,when our best player of that eurobasket2013 tournament Kalnietis didnt make all tournament team,but our star kleiza did.

In my eyes Maciulis should be nr 1 option from lithuanian team to make all tournament team.

I have no problem If Gasol will get MVP even if spain looses.He was head ahead of all other players in this championship.Like Dirk was in 2005.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-20-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Back in the days Nts used to play all qualification games, so players from teams ranked below 5th were present in the venue on the final day. This year it is not the case and it makes me doubt that someone from Italy, Greece or Czech Republic will be picked for All tournament team, as they have gone home already.

Teo
    Nando
    Jonas
    Pau
    Jonas

Parker
    Sasu Salin
    Gasol
    Bjelica
    Gallinari

I'm not from Finland. The flag lies!

But come on Salin was awesome and should be one challenger for the #1 allstar team's SG position. I'd like to insert one Lithuanian player to that 5 man line up as well though.

PG. Teo
    SG. De Colo
    SF. Mačiulis??
    PF. Gasol (MVP)
    C. Valančiūnas

The only question is with SF position. I think the main candidat is Mačiulis. The others: Bjelica and Gallinari.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast