View Poll Results: Who should be on the All-Tournament Team?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pau Gasol

35 56.45%
  • Tony Parker

15 24.19%
  • Nemanja Bjelica

34 54.84%
  • Vassilis Spanoulis

11 17.74%
  • Nando De Colo

17 27.42%
  • Krunoslav Simon

2 3.23%
  • Jan Vesely

19 30.65%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

5 8.06%
  • Ersan Ilyasova

1 1.61%
  • Danilo Gallinari

24 38.71%
  • Jonas Valanciunas

16 25.81%
  • Omri Casspi

1 1.61%
  • Nikola Mirotic

0 0%
  • Marcin Gortat

0 0%
  • Other

20 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2015 All-Tournament Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Jeez, people, check the date when the thread was created... it was 8 days ago, at very start of the tournament

Such treats should be created minimum after group stage or even better - after quaterfinal stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Lithuanians ignore him,he trying to provoke you now with this again this is the only thing he can do,when turkey team already home watching on tv (as always) when top teams begin to play ;]
    Why? You don't like his suggestion? I personally like it. That it has nothing to do with reality it's not my problem, but just this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Au...etailpage#t=55 problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    Such treats should be created minimum after group stage or even better - after quaterfinal stage.
    I think you're right on this. It was a bit too early, but well, we are free to keep our votes for the end of the tournament, I'll wait till that

P.S. let's not turn another thread into OT mess, guys. There're such too many already

A bit too early for that poll.

Teodosic
    Billy
    Gallinari
    Bjelica
    Pau

I think people either on purpose or by accident keep missing that Schroeder had an excellent tournament. He was the main scorer, leader in assists and third in rebounding and he is PG. OK his tournament ended with shitbomb of a free-throw and he did commit some turnovers but that doesn't change the fact he had a great tournament.

He had but he can't be in top 5. If nothing else, he didn't qualify for next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Pera Peric View Post
    He had but he can't be in top 5. If nothing else, he didn't qualify for next round.
    True about making it through to 1/8 but arguably he was more important to his team than any of the PGs on the other teams. Without him they would be 0-5 and blown out almost every game.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    True about making it through to 1/8 but arguably he was more important to his team than any of the PGs on the other teams. Without him they would be 0-5 and blown out almost every game.
    I think that one should include into equation the relative strength of the team. Germany unfortunately sucked as one and that's why Schroeder (had to) excel. It's more hard to excel in well balanced teams, hence the advantage of Teo and Satoransky (just example).

I agree with vuxsa to a certain point if nobody else is delivering the mustard it's easier for you to shine with individual quality, and he chocked in important situations, now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he is a bad player I would say that he had a top 5 performance for his position, but I think some player from the last 8 will have an all together better tournament performance than his.

FFS, maybe it's enough already of these childish provocations from both sides??? Every thread is filled with that, now another is about to go down the drain cause of uselss provocative posts. It's getting freaking boring to delete one post after another

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Kalnietis
    Seibutis
    Maciulis
    Jankunas
    Valanciunas
    mdr .
    About my first picks i gotta admit that i blindly voted Parker.i wasnt aware how bad he was in the tournament.After the QF's we are gonna have a better clue i guess. But Imo you can't vote for players when their teams failed miserably and got knocked out too early

I started the thread ridiculously early. I admit it. But I thought it might be interesting to see who the best players are in each phase of the tournament. Obviously players drop out of contention as their teams are eliminated.

As stated earlier, through the 1/8 finals phase, I think the top 5 are Satoransky, De Colo, Gentile, Bjelica, Gasol. But if any of the teams of these players lose in the QFs, they will be replaced with others. The only player who could possibly make it onto the All-Tournament team even if his team does not qualify to the semifinals is Gasol.

First Team (till end of Round 16)
    Teodosic
    De Colo
    Bjelica
    Gallinari
    Gasol

2nd Team
    Satoransky
    Gentile
    Maciulis
    Vesely
    Bourousis

3rd Team
    Schroder
    Belinelli
    Cedi Osman/Lojeski
    Jankunas
    Gobert

I wil update after SF and end of tournament.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Exclamation

Such treats(polls) should be created minimum after group stage or even better - after quaterfinal stage.
    Precisely. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Precisely. That was my point.

Well some of us have enjoyed this thread, so forgive us for existing.

Yes, where is Mačiulis? And don't talk about one game. He had only one bad game during all turnament. Her are his stats:

vs Ukraine - 31min / 11pts(50%FG,100%FT) / 3Reb / 3Steals
    vs Latvia - 30min / 13pts(50%FG) / 10Reb / 3Asists / 1Steal / 1BS
    vs Belgium - 19min / 4pts(16.7%FG,100%FT) / 2Reb / 2Asists / 1Steal
    vs Estonia - 31min / 15pts(44.4%FG,83%FT) / 10Reb / 2Asists / 2Steals / 1BS
    vs Czechs - 36min / 11pts(30.8%FG,50%FT) / 6Reb / 1 Asist / 2Steals / 1BS

After Group- 29.4min / 10.8pts(38.4%FG,83.2%FT) 6.2Reb / 1.6 Asist / 1.8Steals / 0.6BS

vs Georgia - 38min / 34pts(88%FG,100%FT) / 6Reb / 3Asists / 4Steals / 1BS

Maciulis acumulated stats - 30.8min /14.7pts(49.2%FG,88%FT) / 6.2Reb / 1.8Asists / 2.2Steals / 0.8BS

Now stats of some players on the list.

Ilyasova acumulated stats 26.7min / 15.2pts(43.5%FG,83.3%FT) / 4.5Reb / 1.3Asists / 0.3Steals / 0.5BS
    De Colo acumulated stats 24.7min / 12.2pts(54.2%FG,78.6%FT) / 5.5Reb / 3.5Asists / 1.3Steals / 0.2BS
    Parker acumulated stats 25.0min / 11.2pts(40.3%FG,66.7%FT) / 2.2Reb / 3.7Asists / 0.7Steals / 0.0BS
    Nowitzki acumulated stats 28.0min / 13.8pts(36.4%FG,85.7%FT) / 7.8Reb / 1.6Asists / 0.0Steals / 0.2BS
    Gortat acumulated stats 26.0min / 11.3pts(46.6%FG,63.6%FT) / 6.3Reb / 2.5Asists / 0.0Steals / 0.5BS
    Spanoulis acumulated stats 26.0min / 10.8pts(42.9%FG,70.8%FT) / 2.4Reb / 5.6Asists / 0.2Steals / 0.2BS
    Simon acumulated stats 24.5min / 13.7pts(54.2%FG,85.0%FT) / 4.7Reb / 3.7Asists / 0.8Steals / 0.0BS

What is it, "life award" team or All-Tournament Team?
    Good data.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Kalnietis
    Seibutis
    Maciulis
    Jankunas
    Valanciunas
    I don't see that Lithuanian fans have been taunting Turkish ones at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Good data.

How so? One monster game, and he put up all of his averages. He mostly played 30+ minutes which is almost 6-7 minutes more than all others you have mentioned. Most of his games he was present but nowhere near elite. It's just one game. Yes he was clutch in some others too, but nowhere near deserving an all tournament team.

I think people either on purpose or by accident keep missing that Schroeder had an excellent tournament. He was the main scorer, leader in assists and third in rebounding and he is PG. OK his tournament ended with shitbomb of a free-throw and he did commit some turnovers but that doesn't change the fact he had a great tournament.
    he also was the king of turn over, and missed one every two shoots he took. He also sometimes loves the ball, he wants to pass but loves the ball.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast