35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

21 60.00%
  • Serbia

14 40.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Day 1 - Group B] Spain - Serbia

Default [Round 1 - Day 1 - Group B] Spain - Serbia

The game of the day. Serbs were so organized and shared the ball well. They seemed as a complete team. Spaniards won all the preparation games against relatively weaker teams. Great game. Looking forward to see what will happen, who will win.

I thing everyone will feel in (Group B) like they can challenge this time Spain for real this year and have a chance.But Spain is still a favorite to win this game. Nikola Mirotić Pau Gasol will be the main player to get Spain victories .
    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Indeed the championship would start very interestingly if Serbia would beat Spain in the first game, but I still see Spain as favourites. Such players as Pau and Rodriguez (well, and Rudy at the smaller amount in my pocket) are still absolutely elite and a great fit for FIBA basketball and they have young studs like Mirotic and Llull. Individually wise I still think Spain is at another level, but their bench isn't that impressive this time, so here comes Serbia with their complete roster, depth, fighting spirit. Should be a great game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Easely, can be the final as well
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Game of the day, interesting to see if the teams will 'show their cards' .
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Such high intensity game right away may easily fall hard on our stomach. It wouldn't surprise me if Spain goes full throttle from the start, while I don't see us doing likewise.

It is the game of the day, however the group B situation makes it all that more interesting though. Serbia is playing against the hosts Germany on the second day and Spain is playing against the second hosts, Turkey, do I need to state just how f.up this situation might be for the team that loses this game? This game might have a much bigger psychological impact than ussual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Normally we see Spain starting slow to he tournaments and then gear up.
    But this time, I don't think they have same chance. They should start strong otherwise in this group they might struggle (you never write an easy win next to any game except Iceland in this group).
    I expect a win for Serbia...
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

This game will also be the tussle of experience vs promising star candidates. Serbia is the mixture of experience and young talents but Spain is completely the most experienced team in this tournament. They can react in a cool way when they struggle. With all credits to Serbian team, I see Spain one step ahead of Serbia due to the reason they can cool their head easily with huge experience. That's why I go for Spain.

It depends, if Serbia brings Bogdanovic who is still a bit hurt and not fully integrated in the team, there's a bigger chance for Spain victory, as it will still be more of a training game for Serbia, so that Bogdanovic get back in form.

As a Serbian I would prefer that Spain wins this one, looking back usually when we lose against a contender in the group phase we win against them in the playoff phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
    I
    As a Serbian I would prefer that Spain wins this one
    well,but after 19-20hours you must play against a Germany that won the first game against Iceland and will have a rested Nowitzky!

it won't be an easy game!

Seems that Bogdanovic will be playing vs Spain, through injury.

One of the best young players in Europe managed to complete the whole practice, in spite of feeling pain in his injured back, so it is expected that he will be ready and suit up for the game vs Spain on Saturday, September 5th.

Bogdanovic's injury was a major worry for coach Djordjevic at the end of the preparation cycle, but it is more certain now that the young player will follow the "formula" of Eagles' coach, which will include a regular dose of painkiller shots to manage the back pain, in order to achieve the desired results at EB2015.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Seems that Bogdanovic will be playing vs Spain, through injury.

One of the best young players in Europe managed to complete the whole practice, in spite of feeling pain in his injured back, so it is expected that he will be ready and suit up for the game vs Spain on Saturday, September 5th.

Bogdanovic's injury was a major worry for coach Djordjevic at the end of the preparation cycle, but it is more certain now that the young player will follow the "formula" of Eagles' coach, which will include a regular dose of painkiller shots to manage the back pain, in order to achieve the desired results at EB2015.
    they r crazy
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Teodosic-Llull and Bjelica-Mirotic are the keys match up IMO!

i say 55 % Serbia!

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Teodosic-Llull and Bjelica-Mirotic are the keys match up IMO!

i say 55 % Serbia!
    Gasol vs Raduljica will be more desecive for me.

I don't know how we plan to stop Gasol. We miss Marjanovic a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Milutinov will handle that with ease!! Think about Hakeem vs Robinson in 94/95 NBA playoffs

I expect Kuzmic to get a lot of minutes, because he can guard Gasol much better than Raduljica.

I'm not sure if Spain will be able to win this one. First serious game of this group together with a very relaxed preparation games.

In my opinion Gasol ability to stay focused on defense would be the key in this game and the tournament. It never was his strenght and even less at his age and with his role in the NT.
    Also it will be interesting to see which tempo Spain will try to play, as the team (specially guards) is more suited to press & run but it could be a disaster with an aging Gasol and a weak and thin inside rotation.

I think Serbia won't be 100% either, i expect many mistakes during the game, so the team with less mistakes in the final minutes will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    in this eurobasket no one can stop Pau IMO,not Marjanovic,not Raduljica,not Valanciunas,maybe only Gobert could be a tough match up for him!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast