No announcement yet.

Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finnaly a win. Seem like tables will be turning for rytas now. Players were fighting today like never before this season. Gotta give props to the headcoach, although I didnt like that he kept the argentinian on the floor at the end of 4th, when he was going iso after iso. Giedraitis and Adas were good today, and Ksystof was vintage...
    Defense on the other hand was bad again. Specialy in the paint. I hope things will improve when Antanas, Arturas and Deividas is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      .I dont recall any other young lithuanian player that would say i dont wanna be part of zalgiris team.
      Donatas Motiejunas, Marius Grigonis. Off course, both probably wanted to play for Zalgiris (just as Gudaitis), but decided that other environment would be better for their development. And they were afraid of the same things as Gudaitis - lack of minutes. I'm not saying Gudaitis decision was some wise, but I don't see big problem here as well. When he'll get in shape he'll play more minutes than he would play in Kaunas most likely. Coaching staff is better in Zalgiris though.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Donatas Motiejunas, Marius Grigonis. Off course, both probably wanted to play for Zalgiris (just as Gudaitis), but decided that other environment would be better for their development. And they were afraid of the same things as Gudaitis - lack of minutes. I'm not saying Gudaitis decision was some wise, but I don't see big problem here as well. When he'll get in shape he'll play more minutes than he would play in Kaunas most likely. Coaching staff is better in Zalgiris though.

what league lkl ? in lkl you wont do any progress playing against 2m02 centers... thats my point a lot good players agrees to play for less money just to be able to play in euroleague.I dont see Gudaitis getting way more minutes when rytas has Kavaliauskas,Ksystof,Jucikas,Orelikas. Yeah if forgot about Motiejunas,but grigonis? i doubt zalgiris ever even consider him seriuosly to take to the roster grigonis was candidate like kariniauskas was not more for 11-12 player role.Gudatis last year was getting good minutes in euroleague in some games even more than 20.

For me 10minutes in euroleague game is alot better than 10 games in lkl for younger players...When 22-23 yearl old will begin makes demands to teams like zalgiris,should be showed doors to such arogance.Exactly what zalgiris management did.Zalgiris/Lithuanian national teams everybody sacrifices minutes and roles and if some kind youngster cant do that its his own problems.

Comment

SourGrape-onis
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
            I hope things will improve when Antanas, Arturas and Deividas is back.
            So Antanas Kavaliauskas, Artūras Gudaitis and Deividas Gailius are all out with injuries? Anything really serious? When are they expected to return?

Last edited by Hepcat; 12-14-2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

And they were afraid of the same things as Gudaitis - lack of minutes.... When he'll get in shape he'll play more minutes than he would play in Kaunas most likely.
              Do you really think Gudaitis will get more minutes on the floor for Rytas behind Antanas Kavaliauskas than he would have for Žalgiris behind Robertas Javtokas who's not exactly a spring chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                What will happen if rytas wont qualife from group?
                How many teams advance from each preliminary group in EuroCup?

Comment

Now if rumours are correct - new coach is Pačėsas.... He might be a bit different than he was in Prokom.
                  Tomas Pačėsas had quite a bit of success as head coach of Asseco Prokom Gdynia in the Polish league between 2007 and 2012. Why did he leave? Did club management get tired of his abrasive ways and fire him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                    Tomas Pačėsas had quite a bit of success as head coach of Asseco Prokom Gdynia in the Polish league between 2007 and 2012. Why did he leave? Did club management get tired of his abrasive ways and fire him?

He wasn't fired. Prokom got financial problems and both side parted ways.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Wow, Gudaitis season is really f.. up so far. Another injury. This time some-one scratched his eye and he's out for 2-3 weeks. Really pity.

Also, Lapravittola might leave Rytas and new coach is still about to be announced.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Does anybody think Gudaitis could still make it to NBA? this season is awful for him . The Kings still hold his draft rights.
                        Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                        FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                        FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
                          Does anybody think Gudaitis could still make it to NBA? this season is awful for him . The Kings still hold his draft rights.
                          He is build from glass, it looks like he would even have an injury while having sex, probably usual for him - sprain his ankle

Comment

Finally Rytas hired real coach- Tomas Pačėsas. I watched first game against Lietkabelis and I liked what I saw. Pačėsas doesn't complicate things playing simple basketball, usually p&r, some simple sets, but he really demands discipline and will make you pay for every mistake from basketball ABC. Rytas played tough defence, really tried to play concentrated basketball and Pačėsas was taking a time out any time there's a signs of softness and chaos. I really liked this moments, he doesn't tolerate 80-90% effort. With Rytas the main problem is defence and ballhoging and Pačėsas just demands to move the ball. It will be a hard task for him, but at least Rytas can start creating ethics of PRO team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Pacesas should be great for this team. But with the lack of real opponents I dont see them getting in par level with Zalgiris.

Comment

Finally Rytas hired real coach- Tomas Pačėsas.
                                We'll see about that realness The last time I saw Pacesas with Prokom and our u-20 NT he was really poor, offense was pure streetball in Prokom, it worked for one season when he had core of good offensive talent, later few season he failed in EL badly. Our u-20 NT looked clueless in offense, no gameplan, nothing.
                                Of course he had time for improvement, but I guess his real abilities will be seen only in LKL final stages

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information