• Show
Clear All

• Vilnius Rytas Thread

PG: N. Laprovittola, Janavicius, Juskevicius
    SG: Runkauskas, Lukauskis
    SF: Gailius, Giedraitis
    PF: Gudaitis, Orelikas,
    C: Kavaliauskas, Jucikas

Those seem to be a lock for next season. Also a scrub Babrauskas is training with the team (obviously not too many teams want him these days) and some youngsters - E. Seskus here to mention, IMO.

Interesting team because of young studs like Gudaitis, Giedraitis, quality Lithuanian players as Kavaliauskas, Gailius, Janavicius, Juskevicius, Runkauskas, Orelikas, Ksistof, but I hate to see washed out Lukauskis, not sure if Jucikas is in his place. Strong core of Lithuanians, but the team looks too weak to beat Zalgiris, way worse coaching staff. I'm not much familiar with Laprovittola though.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    I think Jucikas and Gudaitis have to be switched around. Lukauskis isn't too bad of a player in my opinion. I like his intensity, athleticism and length, but yeah, he is too old to be playing 20+ minutes day in, day out. Overall, the roster doesn't look much better than last season's, but compared to Zalgiris's, it's okay.

Comment

You've missed Ksystof in depth chart

Overall, I agree, interesting team. Some past flashes from beginning of the club - talented youngsters + foreigner PG (Elliott back then) and some older players, but of course nowhere close to talent back then. Laprovittola should do fine IMO. As I understood team will play fast bball, with lot of shooting (triples), so it's his style, that's the bball played in Brazilian league and he did really good there. Nicola will help him a lot too.
      Regarding neverending Rytas vs Zalgiris discussion, IMO it's too early to tell, a lot will depend how Zalgiris newcomers will do, how Liths will cope with injuries and etc. But I consider this Rytas as surely stronger opposition than last season

Comment

Even as a Zalgiris fan I agree that this roster is quite intriguing. I doubt Gudaitis and Kavaliauskas will be spending too much time on the floor together though.

Comment

Good looking roster and I sincerely hope Rytas does well this coming season.

Comment

Wish them all the best. Would love to see them winning a title or two.

Comment

If I'd be a Rytas fan, I would be concerned with how Laprovittola adapts to totally different culture.
              Argentinians seem to adapt well in Spain, where they can speak the same language and enjoy the similar weather. But they tend to get moody when the environment isn't clicking.
              Rytas will be his first club away from his continent, he will be the only foreigner in the club. Also I wonder, if he speaks decent English. If not - then the only one who he will be able to communicate in the club with is the coach. I would not say, that this is good for the team.

Comment

sashikas, good point. We all remember Ayuso being home sick in Zalgiris. On other hand, there was different cases with Latino players, but it should be a concern.

I really wondering how Babrauskas is feeling these days being a training meat. I bet J. Vainauskas and Pačėsas would still bring him to the NT God forbid those two being close to NT.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

sashikas, good point. We all remember Ayuso being home sick in Zalgiris. On other hand, there was different cases with Latino players, but it should be a concern.

I really wondering how Babrauskas is feeling these days being a training meat. I bet J. Vainauskas and Pačėsas would still bring him to the NT God forbid those two being close to NT.
                  Ayuso wasn't homesick Ayuso couldn't live the role he he've got in Zalgiris. He came here to be a leader, shoot a lot, game to be run through him, but it wasn't the case, so he wasn't satisfied and club parted ways with him. No wonder bein' really talented and amazing shooter, he never played in any big club.
                  Machado was homesick a bit, but he was different kind of person - family man, religious and etc. Overall, it's really individual, there were lot of different cases in football f.e. when South Americans are having decent careers in Eastern Europe, but some can't live even in Spain/Italy due to the same homesick, falls into depression, starts partyin', drinking and etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    Ayuso wasn't homesick Ayuso couldn't live the role he he've got in Zalgiris. He came here to be a leader, shoot a lot, game to be run through him, but it wasn't the case, so he wasn't satisfied and club parted ways with him. No wonder bein' really talented and amazing shooter, he never played in any big club.
                    Yeah I was unsure saying this. As I thought it was both reasons - being homesick and inability to to adjust to new game style, role, expectations. I remember him having one or few monster games thought.

It also often happens with Americans as well, let alone Latinos who I think have stronger relations with relatives and usually highly religious. Remember how Alonzo Gee left Pacesas' Asseco Prokom being homesick while he was playing well. Bet than again Anderson felt fine in Zalgiris being alone as a foreigner for a longer part of the season and many other cases. It's very individual indeed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Those seem to be a lock for next season. Also a scrub Babrauskas is training with the team (obviously not too many teams want him these days) and some youngsters - E. Seskus here to mention, IMO.
                      Boy, a whopping eight players who have suited up for Team Lietuva at least for friendly games and one, Orelikas, who has been on the B team! Only the most benighted hardcore Žalgiris fan could dislike that team.

Comment

In which leagues/competitions will Rytas participate this year? Can Rytas still qualify for Euroleague like it did in 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          In which leagues/competitions will Rytas participate this year? Can Rytas still qualify for Euroleague like it did in 2013?

Eurocup and LKL, no Euroleague for them

Comment

Be nice if there was some coaching at Lietuvos Rytas to bring along all those Team Lietuva candidates for the Olympics, e.g. Janavičius, Juškevičius, Runkauskas, Gailius, Giedraitis, Orelikas, Gudaitis and Kavaliauskas. It would be particularly nice if someone could work with Janavičius and Juškevičius to develop their skills as PGs.

Renaldas Seibutis being the only alternate to Mantas Kalnietis at the PG slot that Coach Kazlauskas trusts during critical games leaves me uncomfortable since those two are only human and need an occasional breather.

Comment

No suprise Zalgiris went for Vougioukas because Rytas frontline is really physical (Kavaliauskas, Gudaitis, Jucikas). I expect a lot from Gudaitis. He steadily adding skill and will start to outpowering and manhanling his opponents. Dude will be a tank. The question is who will feed him besides Janavicius, but he is already better at p&r than Lekavicius/Cherry. Is Laprovittola a good passer?

I see Zalgiris' backourt surely better than Rytas, but the frontline with Kavaliauskas and Gudaitis in the first place will go hard on Zalgiris. Will be fun to watch those matchups.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information