Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Vilnius Rytas Thread

Maybe Rytas finally on a good track with Jarutis. They parted ways with scrub prospects in Normantas and Pilauskas. Cut out Kairys, Giga. Added Dovis Bickauskas which is solid for the future specially, he can be a solid back-up PG at Eurocup in a long run. I signed Marciulionis for 2 years. Now long enough, but some big teams might be fishing him already and Rytas might make some money or extend later. It would be great if Rytas grabbed one from Kulboka, Sedekerskis. They realistically can help in Eurocup. So far not so bad decisions, even if I would be looking for ways to get rid of Girdziunas and maybe even Bendzius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Question

Has Evaldas Kairys recovered from his season ending injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Has Evaldas Kairys recovered from his season ending injury?

Anyway Rytas didn't renew him. By the way, Rytas's salary budget will be smaller than last season because of repaying debts.

? Echodas Blazevic Tubutis
    ? Bendzius
    Butkevicius ?Sirvydis?
    ? Girdziunas
    ? Bickauskis

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    ? Echodas Blazevic Tubutis
    ? Bendzius
    Butkevicius ?Sirvydis?
    ? Girdziunas
    ? Bickauskis
    The team is interesting so far, but obviously lacking a starting PG at the moment and also another center. I would think SG position is kinda thin and I like it because Sirvydis will get some playing time here too Maybe they projecting Girdziunas playing a little there too.

PG: Bickauskas, Girdziunas
    SG: Fransico Cruz, Sirvydis (Giedraitis)
    SF: Butkevicius, Sirvydis (Jarumbauskas)
    PF: Cameronas Bairstow, Bendzius, Tubutis
    C: Echodas, Blazevic

PS: I would love to see Ažualas Tubelis cracking main's team rotation. I kinda expect that to happen at least for few games. Interesting if Giedraitis can make it in the main team, I think it's bit too soon for Jarumbauskas, and surely too soon for Marciulionis. I'm not high on Tubutis, but we'll see. I think Rytas has nice core of Lithuanian players and I expect them to have much better chemistry than last season if Cruz is not some cancer player. No idea he's balling.

PS2: Damn, Sirvydis standing nearly as tall as Echodas in the first practice. We need this gem with that stroke at 2, if not I'll be disappointed Looking forward how Sirvydis looks now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=_ImM2Xp37KY
    Last edited by Straight forward; 08-20-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cruz can be a steal. When you look at him, you can say he's not fast and not athletic, but offensively he's a good and a smart player. In fact he's Mexican NT top scorer. Ayon has played there, Zalgiris's newcomer guard as well. In ACB he averaged a lot too. For a current budget he looks like a really good signing - at least better than previous foreign sg's. Overall a complectation doesn't look bad at all having in mind a bit smaller budget than before. I just hope Australian pf will fully recover from his injurie and play better so that Bendzius wouldn't be an only one real option again. He won't play every game as good as he's done today. 27 pts is his Eurocup record.

Congrats to Rytas. I, as a semi-Rytas fan, enjoyed this one a lot. A lot passion, a lot of offence, crowded arena. Rytas almost in the second round of Eurocup. Would be nice if they would make some noise there. Too bad main PG is absolutely irrelevant, has nothing to do with organising and leading the team. Bairstaw also sucks and I saw it since pre-season. But loved how Lithuanian guys stepped up. Girdziunas, Bendzius, Butkevicius, Sirvydis, Echodas. Sorry, but I barely know other 19yo kid who would so baldy drop 14pts in the key game of the Eurocup season in the crowded arena. It would be hard to remember such either from guards. Anyway, impressive game and some signs of life of Vilnius' basketball overall last few weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Congrats to Rytas. I, as a semi-Rytas fan, enjoyed this one a lot. A lot passion, a lot of offence, crowded arena. Rytas almost in the second round of Eurocup. Would be nice if they would make some noise there. Too bad main PG is absolutely irrelevant, has nothing to do with organising and leading the team. Bairstaw also sucks and I saw it since pre-season. But loved how Lithuanian guys stepped up. Girdziunas, Bendzius, Butkevicius, Sirvydis, Echodas. Sorry, but I barely know other 19yo kid who would so baldy drop 14pts in the key game of the Eurocup season in the crowded arena. It would be hard to remember such either from guards. Anyway, impressive game and some signs of life of Vilnius' basketball overall last few weeks.
    Since I bought Devin Williams to Eurocup fantasy team, I watched a bit of yesterdays game too. What was good from Rytas, that its well known that Tofas is poor defensive team and Rytas managed to take advantage out of it, at times in such important fixture, some teams artificially tries to slow down the tempo and pretend to play wise, even if they can't to. But Rytas took many risks, many questionable shots and it paid out. What should be worrisome was that randomness in both defense and offense, at times it looked like complete chaos at both ends of the court, but probably when you don't have top players in your roster, that happens. Sirvydis was good also, showed that he has some guts I saw from his junior teams days. His drive to basket in 2nd qtr (probably) was also fine, he should use it more frequently, not only wait for shots from corners or random threes in dying seconds of attack.
    Btw, you got me confused with that "crowded arena" stuff, maybe you tried to picture Sirvydis performance as more clutch As I checked it again, it was 5k people, so 2nd floor was closed once again, do they even sell tickets there or gave up completely on that? But support looked good nonetheless, now it will be important what kind of group Rytas will get, still lot of unknowns, but they can make it to play-offs if will have some luck, this Eurocup doesn't have such scary teams it used to, which were seen as clear favorites or at least so far it struggles to show that

Would you agree this roster is the weakiest in Rytas's history? Unfortunately, 2 of 3 foreigners Rytas signed didn't become good signings. Halloway supposed to be a decent scorer, but he's not. When you have Bickauskis who is very limited offensively at Eurocup level as a main pg - it's complicated. This team depends a lot on threepointers and passion that have been both great yesterday. Adomaitis can be hated again (as always) but if you ask me, to win twice again Lokomotiv and to get out of the group - is very decent for this team.

Adomaitis sucks major balls regardless of the current Rytas roster and how it is constructed - it's not like Rytas hasn't been losing regularly to weaker LKL teams over the last few years or so, so no, I still wouldn't call Adomaitis even a decent coach by any stretch of imagination Rytas is just doing what they are supposed to do - beating some lower level ULEB cup teams and (hopefully) advancing to the next round too...

If i remember, you went abroad one day. I don't know when and if you've followed Rytas's stuff since then, but nowadays it's far from that good Rytas's days when the team was among the best in Eurocup and was hardly beatable at home. Today's team with the smallest salarie budget (because of paying debts) isn't supposed to win against 4-5 Turkish team like it's a daily routine. It's a goal of course, but it's not so easy to do with one solid foreign player and without elite local players - i mean Butkevicius was the only one borderline NT player. It's fair to say the roster is the weakiest in Rytas history and when i ask if anybody agrees with that you don't answer the question but claim Adomaitis is still a sucker It's a stupid blind hate so it's not even insulting.

Unexpected perfect game against Galatasaray.

Oh man, what's this latest scandal at Rytas all about then? I'm reading that Dainius Adomaitis says that regardless of the unhelpful distractions, the Rytas team plays for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Oh man, what's this latest scandal at Rytas all about then? I'm reading that Dainius Adomaitis says that regardless of the unhelpful distractions, the Rytas team plays for the fans.

Kleiza is about to leave club, he is in conflict with Jarutis, Kleiza accused Jarutis of sending club money to his own scouting agency for some "work"

I knew this Jarutis guy is full of shit. Never liked him as a player and I knew there's another recipe for disaster when Rytas hired him. Rytas is such a mess. Now its clear that all the attempt to start over, to clean the mess has been a failure thus far.
    https://www.delfi.lt/krepsinis/nauji....d?id=83585607
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I knew this Jarutis guy is full of shit. Never liked him as a player and I knew there's another recipe for disaster when Rytas hired him. Rytas is such a mess. Now its clear that all the attempt to start over, to clean the mess has been a failure thus far.
    https://www.delfi.lt/krepsinis/nauji....d?id=83585607
    Look the first sentence on this page by your brother twin. It's funny because when i clicked on this page i saw those words and when the page fully lowded saw the last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Look the first sentence on this page by your brother twin. It's funny because when i clicked on this page i saw those words and when the page fully lowded saw the last post.
    Well that maybe never came, at least thus far. I became sceptical with Jarutis when he opened his sloppy mouth completely in the media. Like this foreigner is a scrub, this youngster doesn't work enough, blah blah blah ect. That's not how GM or whoever he is talks. Lastly, I understood he's just an energetic sneaky schmuck when I visited Perlas game team and he was giving instructions from the stands to the players. Absolutely random, absolutely profane. Like "what, can't you see, hustle, open your eyes" and all his comments were accompanied by face-palms by even Babrauskas who was sitting not far away from him. These comments were really random, just a cocky guy comes to show who's the boss here. Zero help and random distraction for the players. He's just a sloppy mouth, he talks a lot, but most likely just looking how to fill his pocket in the first place.

On the other hand - one thing is undeniable. Rytas youth system is working extremely well lately. They have three elite, like really elite prospects who came fair and square from Vilnius school - Sirvydis, Marciulionis, Tubelis. Three elite prospects, I think there never been such case. Let's remember that Siska, Macas, Saras never were Vilnius products, just happened to play in Vilnius eventually. Now, boom, three huge prospects at the same time in Vilnius. Plus, very solid prospects in Blazevic, K.Giedraitis, Jarumbauskas, guys who can really crack Rytas rotation in a long run. Imagine, if they had packed D. Giedraitis as well. That would be crazy. However, I think this is the peak of Rytas Youth system. That is a blossom.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-21-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seems like D. Kairys may be new Rytas coach. Adomaitis worked very well with Rytas, but obviously there's too much tension inside and the mess so it wouldn't a surprise. Kairys is interesting young coach, loves to play uptempo and a bit more liberal BB as far as I know. Would be interesting to see his ideas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, it may not be easy to keep 4 prospects with NBA pedigree for a while in your team, but, IMO, Jarutis went soft on a chance which appears once in a life time to do that...

Here's the deal. It's not even Jasikevicius, Siskauskas, Macijauskas, Kaukenas type of situation in early 00's. Those gathered together in rather random ways from different cities. Saras from Kaunas, Siska - Kaisiadorys, Macas - Klaipeda. Now Rytas had 4 elite stud youngsters coming from their very own BB school. All of them are high on Vilnius and Rytas, surely have direct sentiments towards it. What does Jarutis and Co. do? Rip it up, mother**er! Let's split it, destroy it, f*** this chance that will never ever happen again in 50 years most likely. We take the peanuts that they will leave us and we let them go. Even more, they managed to screw relations with 2 of them while having them on the team. They already lost 2 studs, they have really tens relations with Blazevic and who knows what Marciulionis thinks. So instead of trying to build something special, they blew it and went short term pathetic way. Amazing, Jarutis, such a marvellous job! I mean, I went to NKL to watch Marciulionis and people went nuts about him already. Imagine what Rytas could get while having all 4 together. People would come to the games, everybody would talk about Rytas, scouts would have all season tickets to Rytas games I'm guessing, the interest would be MASSIVE. Obviously with that attention some businesses would like to have their names around...And now they choose to be a scrub club in CL without any identity and future...Like their last hope, literally, is Marciulionis and Blazevic. If they let them go, it's done. It's a joke of team, literally. It's even less of a joke if we compare Vainauskas' era Rytas. That's where Jarutis and Co. is heading.

I can't understand how Vilnius' club can be in such shitty situation. Vilnius is 50% of Lithuania's GDP and they can't attract any money. Not mention they get huge support by Vilnius city, that is money from they guy's like me. They just going straight lame and short term while wasting golden opportunity which was their golden chance to make something special out of it.

Huge disappointment...I know Tubelis was fished by huge College team, but he also had huge sentiments towards Rytas. If all Rytas crew would have done everything they could keep them for 2 more years and special things could happen. But instead Jarutins openly brags in podcasts how Rytas would benefit from Sirvydis leaving. I'm mean their are beggars...they are looking how to survive... There's zero ambition and vision in it...That's what Jarutis brought on the table and thank him very much.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 06-02-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1. Find and take money
    2. Have ambition
    3. Make 4 18-year-olds stay for 2 years
    4. ???
    5. "Something special"

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast