Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miškinis View Post
    Mostly I'm concerned about his defence. While he has a strong body for a small forward, yet it's not enough to defend heavy-weights like Jankūnas. On the other hand he is a potentially good fit to defend Ulanovas-like post-ups. His size should help. Transitional defence could be a problem, though.

He might be used, obviously, as a stretch 4. After all he was used as such in the NT. That's of course very normal knowing the trends in the modern basketball. Yet, I don't see him playing like that all of the time. The lack of the post-up moves, the lack of athleticism (e.g., rebounding) and the fact that he does not play under the basket at all would not benefit the team. Not to mention that Rytas does not have an individually strong front-line that could make use of the open space under the basket. Maybe guards. Not sure.
    I basically see a lot of sense from your words, but I still think Ulanovas and other quicker SFs would eat him alive in face to face situations. But I've seen him too little recently so maybe he's better defender than I think. We'll see.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• The strenght of the team is gonna be clear when it will be clear about the level of foreigners. Look at Zalgiris: Davis and Pangos as the best players, Micic and White as very solid players. Lithuanian core can be a little bit weakier with Giedraitis's departure or a little bit strongier with Bendzius's arrival or overall +/- the same, but in principle the level of the team will be decided by the situation of foreigners.

P.S. I don't think Sabeckis would be a decent choice. There are already 2 pg's and one of them isn't a good shooter like Sabeckis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
        The strenght of the team is gonna be clear when it will be clear about the level of foreigners. Look at Zalgiris: Davis and Pangos as the best players, Micic and White as very solid players. Lithuanian core can be a little bit weakier with Giedraitis's departure or a little bit strongier with Bendzius's arrival or overall +/- the same, but in principle the level of the team will be decided by the situation of foreigners.

P.S. I don't think Sabeckis would be a decent choice. There are already 2 pg's and one of them isn't a good shooter like Sabeckis.
        Rytas already has 2 foreigners in Kramer and Magden. The latter absolutely has to go, he can't play at high level. Kramer is actually good. Maybe Rytas can add 2 more solid foreigners, but seems that they are looking for Liths mainly.

I would actually disagree. I really would see both Kramer and Sabeckis playing together when you have Bendzius at SF and say Zelionis at 4, they would find them open and would create tons of chances for Ehodas under the basket. Three ball is a hell of thing, but 2 creative slashers with good passing skills is also great.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I really like the new Rytas logo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
            I really like the new Rytas logo!

I like the idea, but I think the aesthetics could be better, more contemporary. It's seems like logo from A football league (and we know how poor league it is). Maybe that's some new trend or interesting idea, but I found it a bit outworn.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Why so little interest in Vilnius in today's game against Unicaja?

Comment

• Big victory for Rytas over Malagos Unicaja today! Unicaja is a very good team. Unicaja played in Euroleague last year and I see that the team beat Valensijos Basket 86-73 just four days ago.

Comment

Why so little interest in Vilnius in today's game against Unicaja?

I don't know and confused a little bit, because Rytas arena near Siemens was unusually crowded by about 2500 people in the 2 first LKL games against Juventus and Prienai.

Comment

• The game against unicaja indeed was good. 4 new players (Bendzius, Kairys, Sutton, Seeley) scored 57 pts of 80 and should come at least one more foreigner.

By the way, you have too see a monster dunk by a pg Kramer.

Comment

Why so little interest in Vilnius in today's game against Unicaja?

I wouldn't say interest was little, it's quite usual number for Rytas European games. Last season probably only in a Top16 game vs Zenit the crowd was bigger. People there are little bit spoiled, so if there'll be victories, then they'll come to watch the games

Overall, yesterday I didn't see whole game, was switching between Champions League football, but as much as I saw it, Rytas made quite good impression. Maybe game itself still a bit clumsy and unstable, but there's fighting spirit, passion, some fun to follow players. Of course Unicaja looked below expectations, arriving to Vilnius just few hours before the game spoiled their preparations, but that's their problems

Comment

• Echodas and Girdziunas are showing their worst basketball ever i think. These guys are horrible these days. After a solid win against Unicaja it's been a very bad home game and loss against a German team that was trashed by Unicaja. The question is how much this crappy game has to do with an abscense of Cramer.

Comment

Echodas and Girdziunas are showing their worst basketball ever i think. These guys are horrible these days. After a solid win against Unicaja it's been a very bad home game and loss against a German team that was trashed by Unicaja. The question is how much this crappy game has to do with an abscense of Cramer.
                          Didn't watch the game. Why Sirvydis played only 11 minutes? Did he suck? Stats don't show this. Maybe defensive mismatches. Girdziunas always was trash, IMO. Low IQ tweener, you are lucky of he's nailing his inefficient fade away long jumpers...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Didn't watch the game. Why Sirvydis played only 11 minutes? Did he suck? Stats don't show this. Maybe defensive mismatches. Girdziunas always was trash, IMO. Low IQ tweener, you are lucky of he's nailing his inefficient fade away long jumpers...
                            Sirvydis could have played more i think. He's quite a bad defender, but i don't remember him sucking in defense today. Who did that for sure was Echodas. He has some mental or any other problems today. Also Rytas signed a sg-sf player who played about 20 min and it decreases Sirvydis's minutes. I think it was a complectation mistake - a big man or even a pg was more needed.

Comment

Sirvydis could have played more i think. He's quite a bad defender, but i don't remember him sucking in defense today. Who did that for sure was Echodas. He has some mental or any other problems today. Also Rytas signed a sg-sf player who played about 20 min and it decreases Sirvydis's minutes. I think it was a complectation mistake - a big man or even a pg was more needed.
                              Exactly. Harris signing not only doesn't seem logical for what team needed, but also his ballhogness does lot of damage. He just kept shooting whenever he received the ball, didn't even care that there's open teammate under the basket. Seeley did pretty much the same, just he made his shots. All the rest of the team was basically cut, lost and frustrated, especially Sutton, whos shred shirts after the game says it all I guess. In Kazan, against much tougher opposition, even without Kramer, team looked much better

Comment

• Kleiza establishing himself as one of the best GMs in Europe I guess...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information