1. Find and take money
    2. Have ambition
    3. Make 4 18-year-olds stay for 2 years
    4. ???
    5. "Something special"
    You're a good reader, LuDux.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

I'm not fan of Adomaitis as a coach, he prepares well and works hard ,but I didn't thought that he has that extra juice to motivate team emocionally before huge game and my opinion didn't changed , but he is good and fair human being overall that cares about his team i learned that about him in last 3 years.

Jarutis in his interview from his body language is looking like a snake and selfish liar.I wouldn't want to have any business with him.

All I see now Rytas club is in a big shit .I don't see a single person in their team who really would care about a team.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-02-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post

All I see now Rytas club is in a big shit .I don't see a single person in their team who really would care about a team.

Agreed. I think Jarutis' main concern to have enough money for his scouting agency next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't say Jarutis is bad yet, he really has to deal with debts Guoga left.
    Anyway, shitty days for a club who saw many shitty things. The biggest prospect since JV is left, the best players probably as well and the worst thing is that Rytas already has the best possible coach to work with a crappy team but financially can't keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    You're a good reader, LuDux.

I have lots of experience of reading similar things. Just replace Vilnius with Klaipeda and remove Mega Teens

Jarutis says that Bendzius, Bukevicius, Blazevic, Marciulionis, Bickauskis have active contracts and they are about to stay in Rytas, unless there's some buy-outs, but at the moment the club is not in evaluation of any offers. Also the new coach will most likely be from Balkans or Spain. If they can keep those first 4 players mentioned, Rytas still on the map. It's not a secret that there have been many people in Lithuania who turned on Rytas' games just to see Sirvydis and Blazevic, like me. Keeping Marciulionis and Blazevic would still make this Rytas attractive and interesting, not mentioning solid Lith veterans, NT borderliners in Butkevicius, Bendzius.

https://www.basket.lt/krepsinio-nauj...-kandidaturas/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jarutis communication is top level again... I thought Rytas is opening a new good chapter after they got rid off Guoga, Kleiza and co. But it seems the same story continues. Every interview of Jarutis is full of contradictions. Marciulionis is seriously thinking about NCAA, what offer Jarutis wants to evaluate here? The same like in Tubelis case? There's no power for any club to stop player from moving to NCAA, no buy-out or smth. Blazevic also can leave, we know that Zalgiris is seriously after him, even Saras had a meeting with Blazevic himself. There're rumors about few foreign clubs interest too. They pay a buy-out and Rytas can do nothing about it. Only for Blazevic to decide here, the same like with Sirvydis. So what to evaluate? Butkevicius and Bendzius deals are expiring, only options left and Rytas offered way lower salaries in new ones, players said it by themselves and it seems they won't accept it if Rytas won't offer better ones till July. So what active deals Jarutis is talking about? So far Jarutis in Rytas fails big time, they are losing all the core of players, especially youngsters are big loss in every way, they lost Adomaitis who agreed to cut his salary, but Rytas failed to offer a bit more (btw there are rumours that Rytas already signed a new coach, supposed to be young Serbian, who worked quite a lot with youth, but not sure if its true), communication is totally crap, no vision or anything, just some short-term moves to get some money from every corner, maybe for his scouting agency...

Maybe there's possibility that both club and a player should give a green light for a buy-out, maybe that's how they fixed the contracts of Sirvydis, Blazevic? But I also think that Jarutis just trying to cover his ass, he always does that. If Blazevic will leave and Marciulionis will head to NCAA, it will be such a fiasko. Big time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This Jarutis guy is very useful, he can be used to explain all failures from 2015 to 2020!

I feel Uleckas can be better in Rytas than Sirvydis. Both are quite similar: they have an exceptional threepointer and lack everything else offensively, but i think Uleckas is a bit better defender. He is not hyped at all compared to Sirvydis and may not be under pressure and big expectations that can help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I feel Uleckas can be better in Rytas than Sirvydis. Both are quite similar: they have an exceptional threepointer and lack everything else offensively, but i think Uleckas is a bit better defender. He is not hyped at all compared to Sirvydis and may not be under pressure and big expectations that can help too.
    Not that I think Uleckas is a bad choice, at least something positive in sinking ship, but, no, they are not similar. They are different players. Sirvydis has better size, frame and athleticism. Uleckas doesn't have Sirvydis IQ, feel for the game. He's a worse passer. He has less handles and ability to create his own shot. He's slower and even worse than this year's improved Sirvydis defensively. Sirvydis has huge swagger and cheekiness, Uleckas has low profile personality, lack of emotions, motor. However, a positive choice and he can really contribute in LKL, maybe even will snatch some role in CL, but I doubt he will be able to bring what Sirvydis brought which wasn't very much, but pretty nice for 15min action. And, no, he is not exceptional shooter. He shot 28.5% threes, it may lift some, but it's not inspiring. I see Uleckas' upside as solid Eurocup's player, maybe few years in EL in his prime. IMO, he'll be very lucky to have Gailius sort of career, more or less.

The way I see Ryts is absolutely hopeless and let their elite prospects go, while trying to ride with best second rate prospects in the country as K. Giedraitis, Uleckas. Would make sense for them to snatch one of Slavinskas, Metrikis for 4 position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19y.o. Uleckas in Zalgiris 39.7, 19y.o. Sirvydis in Rytas 34.3%

http://www.eurohopes.com/player/853/lukas-uleckas

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    19y.o. Uleckas in Zalgiris 39.7, 19y.o. Sirvydis in Rytas 34.3%

http://www.eurohopes.com/player/853/lukas-uleckas

In meaningless trash minutes, sure. While his first real PRO experience with Prienai, where he had real extensive role, he shot 35/123 (28,5%). He'll be from decent to good shooter eventually, but he's ain't even close Sirvydis as a prospect. BTW, Sirvydis' Eurocup's career threes stands at 41.7%, which is elite.

Decent signing for current living dead Rytas, but nothing really to brag about too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    In meaningless trash minutes, sure. While his first real PRO experience with Prienai, where he had real extensive role, he shot 35/123 (28,5%). He'll be from decent to good shooter eventually, but he's ain't even close Sirvydis as a prospect. BTW, Sirvydis' Eurocup's career threes stands at 41.7%, which is elite.

Decent signing for current living dead Rytas, but nothing really to brag about too much.
    Could be trash minute effect, or could be Velicka effect, or both In youth championships Uleckas shot 36 36 37 and ~20 as bench player with 1998 team

NKL 29.1%, 28.8%, 40.6% though. Some good, some bad signs for him as a shooter. His first serious LKL season was surely not impressive, but we'll see how he develops. I always hated his softness, slow first step and passive mentality, but that doesn't mean he's not one of the best second rate prospects. Eurohopes are crazies, they overrate him massively in the ranking Eurospects have him at 17 spot in 1999 which is spot on. Eurohopes have him at 2, my god...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I solved this mystery. Eurohopes remove players once they join NBA. Surely Doncic Bitadze and Musa surely didn't fell out of top5 because they became worse

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    I think I solved this mystery. Eurohopes remove players once they join NBA. Surely Doncic Bitadze and Musa surely didn't fell out of top5 because they became worse
    The same with Eurospects, they rank only guys who are not drafted, but they have Ulecks at 17.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kairys a new coach. That's a great add IMO. Jarutis made a first decent move, no idea how he managed to get Kairys, if he had an option with Saratov and much bigger salary, but maybe free-hands to choose roster and work there, grow as a coach made a difference, in Saratov you can't expect that with Radionov

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Kairys a new coach. That's a great add IMO. Jarutis made a first decent move, no idea how he managed to get Kairys, if he had an option with Saratov and much bigger salary, but maybe free-hands to choose roster and work there, grow as a coach made a difference, in Saratov you can't expect that with Radionov
    Im not familiar with D. Kairys. Why is he a great add?

FOA, Jarutis is sneaky thug. SOF, I also like Kairys signing. He seems to be really into basketball (globally!), he has interesting CV, he's more of an offensive coach which is quite new and interesting for Lithuanian coach and he's young. The rumour is that he tried to convince Blazevic to stay even prior contract. Also, this probably increase a chance to keep Marciulionis as well. Young coach who my want to ride super talented PG youngster. On other hand, if he will add 5 nutcases American chuckers and they will go up and down gunning without any identity, I won't be impressed. Conclusion - INTERESTING.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast