Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Meaning if he gets drafted, NBA team will have to pay a buyout?
    Yes, if the rumour is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
      Im not familiar with D. Kairys. Why is he a great add?
      I think he is one of the most promising young Lith coaches now, who already has experience in working in top level. Also he should suit perfectly for Rytas if they are really thinking to play uptempo game, but not only that pure wild run'n'gun, but with some thinking involved, passing. He did that great in Kalev, when they showed some great results in VTB, surprisingly reached PO IIRC. Also he gives chances to younger guys, overall is intelligent, smart coach. And afterall that's not only about Kairys, but who Rytas could afford. They managed to convince and steal him from way more lucrative deal in Saratov. I surely wasn't optmistic that Rytas will add some better known name when they didn't want to extend Adomaitis for little bit over 100k he asked. Especially after all these Jarutis' questionable moves, thought some unknown questionable foreigner will come. So Kairys was a pleasant surprise. I think he suits great for Rytas in every way

Comment

• CL already may be stronger than Eurocup. Also it's financially better and Rytas got additional 400k. for choosing FIBA. I don't see this move questionable anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
          https://m.basketnews.lt/news-139697-...s-komandu.html

CL already may be stronger than Eurocup. Also it's financially better and Rytas got additional 400k. for choosing FIBA. I don't see this move questionable anymore.
          Well I think the strongest 2-3 Eurocup teams are stronger than any CL team but in average CL is the stronger competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Well I think the strongest 2-3 Eurocup teams are stronger than any CL team
            That's basically all we know now, looking how Loko/Unics/Partizan/Virtus are shaping up and what are talking. Probably that's why Rytas made a good choice - they has no hopes to clinch Eurocup title, they doesn't have chances for EL berth (and do they need it at all now), at the same time more chances to get further in BCL, even some Final4 possible, more money overall

Comment

• This season Rytas and Lietkabelis, similar strengh teams judging by LKL, barely made EC and CL top16. Last season same happened with Rytas and Neptunas. Arguably for Rytas it was easier both times. I doubt very much they'll go far with EC middle-class moving to CL
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• We have a lot of sentiments for Euroleague. But CL is offering an alternative for many clubs with incentives hard to refuse. Which is money.And if Vilnius gets to host final 8 ? That would be like biggest event in our country since Euros?
                And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Augustas Marciulionis stays in Rytas! Huge news. It's a long term contract and I think we will be seeing him at least for 2 years. My projection is that he will be useful from day one and in the second year he will be a legitimate force in LKL as a point guard. Likely most crafted and complete PG prospect Lithuania ever produced. Vilnius should be excited: double team splitting, crossovers, flashy passes, 2 ways presence and the whole complete skillet will be displayed in Vilnius arena.

PS: Seems like there' an option the head to NCAA after a year. I would somehow like him stay in Lithuania, Kairys probably won't screw him and play him enough. NCAA is a bit less predictable. I think that was the key of the decision.
                  Last edited by Straight forward; 06-23-2020, 10:09 AM.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I know I am completely biased against Jarutis but that's how it goes. Ever since Vainauskas times where there was "how much worse can it get" conversation . And no , I don't think Lrytas reached the bottom yet.Still sinking. My feeling is that there are people within and around the team who are just being power hungry and who put their personal gains above the team interest. Whatever. I am sure that this somehow will open up possibilities for younger players but then what , after they leave in a year or two?
                    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• The commentator on the Estonia - Lithuania game said that Rytas is interested in Kristjan Kitsing, he and Kairys know each-other from their Kalev period.

Anyways, interested to see what Kairys can do in Rytas. Hard-working coach and I hope he succeeds there. Has there been any word on who's going to be his assistants?

Comment

• Originally posted by Recp View Post
                        The commentator on the Estonia - Lithuania game said that Rytas is interested in Kristjan Kitsing, he and Kairys know each-other from their Kalev period.

Anyways, interested to see what Kairys can do in Rytas. Hard-working coach and I hope he succeeds there. Has there been any word on who's going to be his assistants?
                        Giedrius Žibėnas and Georgios Dedas

Skaitykite daugiau: https://www.lrytas.lt/sportas/krepsi...nkus-15290122/
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Well, Rytas is surely looking for his last and likely very important pieces, but here what we have thus far:

PG D. Jackson, Bickauskis, Marciulionis
                          SG (Foreigner), Girdziunas, Giedraitis
                          SF Butkevicius, Radzevicius, Uleckas
                          PF Kulvietis, (Foreigner)
                          C Echodas, Gustys

I think Rytas will go for at least 2 more foreigners. I think main PG Jackson is perfect fit for Kairys uptempo offense. Quick, athletic true scorer. I don't like Bickauskis, but he's not complete black hole and hopefully Marciulionis will catch up with man's BB in couple of months and will provide some creativity and facilitating from the bench. SG position is meh as I don't expect much from both Uleckas and Giedraitis, very strong foreigner is a must. SF position should be fine. I like Kulvietis at 4, but obviously one or even 2 versatile forwards are wanted. Center position is fine to me. 2 athletic centers who can move their feet and yet plays physical BB. We'll see how Echodas will look as he became much bigger.

Overall, I have no doubt this will be more competitive roster. PG stud will do his job in terms of scoring, IMO, they got ridden off softy Bendzius at 4 and will add more D and athleticism likely. Now it depends what can they bring at 2 and how good will be the foreigners overall all. Position 4 can't be as crappy as it used to be last 2 years.

Gotta love Kairys words "With that champions' mentality and champions' confidence in offense, playing free, no hesitation, but in practices always practice as in every second, trying to improve, trying to get better, trying to pass someone". His unleashed offensive ballgame will be interesting experiment to watch. Run and gun with huge intensity and huge rotation, should be fun.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Andrew Goudelock has been signed. Hopefully something left from him, if it's true he can be really good offensively. Now I think Rytas is one physical PF foreigner away from complete roster, specially if Tubelis would still stick around. If they will sign solid PF, I will treat this roster better than Lietkabelis and overall will be a bit surprised in a good way.

PG D. Jackson, Bickauskis, Marciulionis
                            SG Goudelock, Girdziunas, Giedraitis
                            SF Butkevicius, Radzevicius, Uleckas
                            PF Kulvietis, (Foreigner)
                            C Echodas, Gustys

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Goudelock is HUGE gamble. I'm not sure if club had to go with it, especially if he is going to be big earner (for Rytas level). I guess they could've find some safer options in market, not go after the name. Goudelock was great back in the day, but now he is turning 32yo and with 3 games experience in 2 years, after which he got health problems again and couldn't continue with Venezia... Moreover it was knee, which definitely will have impact on his quickness, driving, shot creation, which were strong parts in his game. Saw him last season in Venezia and he was def slower. Maybe longer preseason will help, maybe it will be Marcus Brown story, but I'm not too optimistic tbh. Also if he is still dreaming of bigger contract and last hooray, ballhogging might happen. Anyway, it's interesting to see such name brought by LT club other than Zalgiris, it's been awhile. Demetrius Jackson btw also might turn out to be very good addition for Rytas. Heard lot of positive things about him.
                              Overall roster looks better than I thought it might be back in June, but also not mindblowing. Better than Lietkabelis? Of course, if you can't select better roster with obviously bigger budget, you should quit basketball Anyway, only PF left to be added, losing Bendzius to Kulvietis is of course downgrade, but if they still has money left in their pocket after Goudelock and will get someone better than Bairstow, which should not be hard to do, then they should be in finals (bearing no injuries). I have a lot trust in Kairys to click the team and make that happen

Comment

• Chris McCullough finishes Rytas' roster selection most likely. I like this signing. Pretty athletic, pretty mobile, can shoot. The problem may be that he is a bit light as PF, can he hold his own against really big PFs as Rubit as such? I expected a bit bigger PF to be honest, but overall I like it.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information