Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    It's twice now in the last two years that a player has emerged as a big star only after leaving Rytas, Artūras Gudaitis last year and now Rokas Giedraitis. I'm wondering whether that might be indicative of deep-rooted underlying problems at Rytas. And here I'm not just talking about the players or the coach in any particular year, but more basic structural problems.

Common, man, Giedraitis isn't a big star. He plays more or less on the same level in a more or less the same level team, just abroad. He's good, but not a star yet.

Comment

• Statistically in UC Giedraitis improved steadily year after year
      season . mn/g . eff/g . eff/40mn . team PIR/G
      15-16 17.8 ..6.5 14.5 .......87
      16-17 21.6 ..8.9 16.6 +2.0 98
      17-18 25.1 11.9 19.0 +2.4 96
      18-19 28.3 15.7 22.2 +3.2 103

+3.2 > +2.4, but Alba is better organized team, judging by PIR/gm
      Basically it's hard to say that Rytas stunned Giedraitis' progress
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Look, Butkevicius is a pretty good player, but he's limited in terms of IQ. In Zalgiris he would sit his ass so often that he would barely see playing time because he doesn't posses the IQ. I'm sorry, but this is how it is.
        You know if it wasn't for Arnas Butkevičius doing a lot of little things right (which I'll remind you is the very essence of playing high IQ basketball), Rytas would not have beaten Juventus 87-85 on Friday in the Karaliaus Mindaugo tournament. Butkevičius didn't miss any shots, he had the second most rebounds and the second most assists among the Rytas players and his +/- rating of 17 was much better than any other Rytas player notched. While he didn't light up the scoreboard, Butkevičius was clearly doing a lot of the things a coach likes to see.

Last edited by Hepcat; 01-29-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

You know if it wasn't for Arnas Butkevičius doing a lot of little things right (which I'll remind you is the very essence of playing high IQ basketball), Rytas would not have beaten Juventus 87-85 on Friday in the Karaliaus Mindaugo tournament. Butkevičius didn't miss any shots, he had the second most rebounds and the second most assists among the Rytas players and his +/- rating of 17 was much better than any other Rytas player notched. While he didn't light up the score sheet, Butkevičius was clearly doing a lot of the things a coach likes to see.

Wow, you still can't get over it? So you're trying to convince me that Butkevicius is a hight IQ player or that he is a good player? If the former, that is not happing in his life because Butkevicius is not a high IQ player If the latter, he's pretty good. How good? Well good for Rytas where a lot of freedom is allowed and Adomaitis tolerates not really tight basketball in term of a system and he doesn't really have many options anyway, he basically doesn't have any creative players aside Kramer so players like Butkevicius can feel pretty comfortably. And he is really a good player for current Rytas, I never said otherwise. Overall value in the market? I would simply say like this - borderline NT and Zalgiris player. That's pretty good.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Wow, you still can't get over it? So you're trying to convince me that Butkevicius is a hight IQ player or that he is a good player?
            No, I'm sure I'm not going to convince you in that regard.

I was actually being diplomatic in assessing Butkevičius' game in comparison to that of certain others. I was somehow trying to make the point that Butkevičius' numbers right now are a quantum leap better than his young backup's without putting down this young backup whose numbers I hope to see improve. Rytas right now does not have a Lithuanian backup ready to step into Butkevičius' shoes. This may change in two years time, but not yet.

Last edited by Hepcat; 01-29-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
              Grabbing Parakhouski (who played well in Euroleague just some years ago) during the season is a steal for the Ryta's level team. Unortunately, he didn't get to the fine team where he was the best player in those 3 Eurocup games, but it wasn't enough.
              And his 22 pts (30 PIR) and buzzer shot in Serbia.

Comment

• So I take it that Rytas needs to win in Vilnius this coming Wednesday against AS Monaco Basket to advance to the EuroCup quarterfinals. Hopefully Rytas doesn't choke at home.

Comment

So I take it that Rytas needs to win in Vilnius this coming Wednesday against AS Monaco Basket to advance to the EuroCup quarterfinals. Hopefully Rytas doesn't choke at home.

This will be a very interesting game this kind of 1/8 finals. Monaco this year is totally an up and down team, be it in Eurocup or in Jeep Elite. They are able to play at very high level and win versus stronger teams, but they can also play very horrible basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    if Adomaitis isn't being shown a back door after this blown game as well, then I've lost a last ounce of credibility of Rytas management team...
                    Incidentally, who then would you pick to coach Rytas?

Last edited by Hepcat; 02-06-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• I can't believe Adomaitis thinks Stipcevic is worth cracking rotation and Sirvydis, Girdziunas are not This is ridiculous "outworking" of his and Kleiza signing. Stipcevic is biggest dummy in the team and absolute joke.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I can't believe Adomaitis thinks Stipcevic is worth cracking rotation and Sirvydis, Girdziunas are not This is ridiculous "outworking" of his and Kleiza signing. Stipcevic is biggest dummy in the team and absolute joke.
                        Good job, SF. His performance in the last minutes was a main thing to take a win in the end. Who knows if it would happen if you wouldn't written that

On a more serious note, the decisions to sign Parakhouski and to get rid of Sutton in fact saved the season. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a victory in the Cup and Eurocup play off games are there.

P.S. Parakhouski was named MVP. Echodas is one of the worst Rytas players this season so signing Artsiom was the best thing that could happen for Rytas in the middle of the season.
                        Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 02-17-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Good job, SF. His performance in the last minutes was a main thing to take a win in the end. Who knows if it would happen if you wouldn't written that

On a more serious note, the decisions to sign Parakhouski and to get rid of Sutton in fact saved the season. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a Cup and Eurocup play off games.
                          If that was the case, Rytas would be successful all season long Stip played better in the second half, but 4 of his 5 shots were still horrible, it just went in. The loss is on Jasikevicius, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

P.S. Parakhouski was named MVP. Echodas is one of the worst Rytas players this season so signing Artsiom was the best thing that could happen for Rytas in the middle of the season.
                            Parakhouski indeed performed well during the final, yet he his also the one fouling Leo at the end and almost let Žalgiris go to overtime.

Comment

• Wow zalgiris had one of their meltdowns once again this season... This is pathetic they have obviously better players, but don't have closer like Pangos was last season.That coaches job one season you are god in other season don't understand nothing and it all depends are you closing games or not...

Comment

• It was a good decision by the federation to bring Lamonica who brought some solidness in the games. There were some refereeing scandals in some other countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information