Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Vilnius Rytas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I can't believe Adomaitis thinks Stipcevic is worth cracking rotation and Sirvydis, Girdziunas are not This is ridiculous "outworking" of his and Kleiza signing. Stipcevic is biggest dummy in the team and absolute joke.
    Good job, SF. His performance in the last minutes was a main thing to take a win in the end. Who knows if it would happen if you wouldn't written that

On a more serious note, the decisions to sign Parakhouski and to get rid of Sutton in fact saved the season. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a victory in the Cup and Eurocup play off games are there.

P.S. Parakhouski was named MVP. Echodas is one of the worst Rytas players this season so signing Artsiom was the best thing that could happen for Rytas in the middle of the season.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 02-17-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Good job, SF. His performance in the last minutes was a main thing to take a win in the end. Who knows if it would happen if you wouldn't written that

On a more serious note, the decisions to sign Parakhouski and to get rid of Sutton in fact saved the season. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a Cup and Eurocup play off games.
    If that was the case, Rytas would be successful all season long Stip played better in the second half, but 4 of his 5 shots were still horrible, it just went in. The loss is on Jasikevicius, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    P.S. Parakhouski was named MVP. Echodas is one of the worst Rytas players this season so signing Artsiom was the best thing that could happen for Rytas in the middle of the season.
    Parakhouski indeed performed well during the final, yet he his also the one fouling Leo at the end and almost let Žalgiris go to overtime.

Wow zalgiris had one of their meltdowns once again this season... This is pathetic they have obviously better players, but don't have closer like Pangos was last season.That coaches job one season you are god in other season don't understand nothing and it all depends are you closing games or not...

It was a good decision by the federation to bring Lamonica who brought some solidness in the games. There were some refereeing scandals in some other countries.

Here's explicit answer about Jasikevicius. I think he overdoing with system basketball at the moment. First and second season we seen much more simple hustle, fast brakes, improvisation. The impression is Jasikevicius got addicted to system basketball and pushing it to the limits. There's the obsession to Milaknis as well who is one trick pony. There's Ulanovas leashing and not allowing to mess around like he was doing it in previous years. There's benching Grigonis after first freakin' mistake in first 8 El games or so. I think some players are just sick and tired for robotic BB and all Zalgiris needed in the 4 quarter is to give the damn ball to Grigonis and Ulanovas and allow them to be aggressive. That's it. Grigonis had such an athletic advantage against any Rytas' defender that it was totally crazy not to utilize that. Also Jasikevicius handles the defensive rotation at 4th quarters badly this season. Westermann is a poor defender these days, he allowed to easily too many mismatches for Rytas. Some games were lost because Jasikevicius were keeping Milaknis in the clutch minutes.

With that said, I think it will be a sweep in the finals. Good luck to Adomaitis winning games with those balloons of Kramer and Stipcevic If Saras overdid with the system this season, Rytas has zero system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"System bad, but system good"

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    "System bad, but system good"
    In ancient Greek philosophy, especially that of Aristotle, the golden mean or golden middle way is the desirable middle between two extremes, one of excess and the other of deficiency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_mean_(philosophy)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PG: N. Laprovittola, Janavicius, Juskevicius
    SG: Runkauskas, Lukauskis
    SF: Gailius, Giedraitis
    PF: Gudaitis, Orelikas,
    C: Kavaliauskas, Jucikas

Those seem to be a lock for next season. Also a scrub Babrauskas is training with the team (obviously not too many teams want him these days) and some youngsters - E. Seskus here to mention, IMO.

Interesting team because of young studs like Gudaitis, Giedraitis, quality Lithuanian players as Kavaliauskas, Gailius, Janavicius, Juskevicius, Runkauskas, Orelikas, Ksistof, but I hate to see washed out Lukauskis, not sure if Jucikas is in his place. Strong core of Lithuanians, but the team looks too weak to beat Zalgiris, way worse coaching staff. I'm not much familiar with Laprovittola though.
    Interesting lineup prior to the 2015-16 season!

Exclamation

I didn't realize that the jerseys Rytas was wearing during last weekend's final of the King Mindaugas Tournament were retro ones!

They look great, and should be kept as the team's regular jerseys!

Exclamation

So rumour has it that Rytas was interested in acquiring Steponas Babrauskas earlier this season because the club wanted his veteran presence to quell locker room problems. It seems therefore that Rytas did indeed lose some intangibles when the club parted company with veterans Mindaugas Lukauskis and Artūras Jomantas.

Last edited by Hepcat; 03-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

I see that bettors have little respect for Rytas in tomorrow's game in Spain against Valencia Basket. Valencia is favoured 4.90 to 1.18.

Last edited by Hepcat; 03-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Exclamation

The odds today are now "down" to 4.60 to 1.20.

I wish luck to Rytas. It was a while they played any meaningful game in Eurocup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    I see that bettors have little respect for Rytas in tomorrow's game in Spain against Valencia Basket. Valencia is favoured 4.90 to 1.18.

Well, it's not disrespect, it's how it really is. Spaniards are just better team, playing great at home in Eurocup. And Valencia was basically without their top player Dubljevic, who had great Top16, but got injured playing for Montenegro in qualifiers. I didn't really get their game plan in first half, shooting only triples basically, sure they usualy hits them with high 41%, but to shoot 21 till HT is insane number, so they struggled, but after the break they fixed their offense and it was all over

Kramer's injury fucked up that game and a remaining of the season. Kramer is a good pg and Rytas don't have any other. An issue is that he's not lucky this season. He couldn't start properly the season but when was ready could make Rytas better and helped to make EC play offs and win a cup. There were all the chances in the game against Valencia that played without Dublevic, but when he got injured and screamed i didn't care about the game anymore. Now the goal is not to loose in LKL semifinal.

That injury is creepy. Tough season for Rytas, when things got rolling for them, boom.

Stipcevic and Girdziunas are horrid at 1. If they get anyone who can dribble the ball and pass it, they should take it. It's not like Margiris will step up, but I think he would still do better as 1 than those fellows I mention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wish luck to Rytas. It was a while they played any meaningful game in Eurocup.
    And yet.. half empty arena... on a Friday night... Such a shame

Interesting this business of Antanas Guoga resigning as the president of Rytas. Now he certainly can't be faulted for supporting Žalgiris against Fenerbahce. But he should only have said "Well of course! As a Lithuanian basketball fan I support any fellow LKL club against clubs from other countries." But he should not have said that Žalgiris is "Lithuania's team". That would understandably rankle Rytas supporters.

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-25-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Guoga resigns? Must be year starting with 2

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast