Vilnius Rytas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post

Was not my intention to be off topic but I was just shocked about Rytas quality.
    Not the best times for Rytas. Young inexperienced coach. Very limited budget. Also tons of non favorable circumstances. Like Kariniauskas' bad shape, early injury of their main PF (Ndour just joined the team), K. Smith offensively is horrible. Both Buva and Butkevicius had a rough game. Even this Rytas can look better, but overall current Rytas doesn't deserve this name. In 00s and early 10's Rytas was very serious team, now it's meh...
    Last edited by Straight forward; 11-02-2021, 08:40 PM.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• this 2021/2022 Rytas team is by far my favourite from last 8 years.

I see coach that really cares, i see fighting players that is tough and defends.

Radzevicius,Butkevicius,Ndour,Kariniauskas,Normant as by far best Rytas 5 men lineup in years.

Only player i dislike is Speedy.If Rytas could find better american scorer and i could see them suprising alot of people.

That group of players sure isnt playing most atractive basketball,but damm sure they always are in games because they really defends in every single game.

I believe such type fighting Rytas team will be very tough out in champions league playoofs for everybody.

Such type basketball in my opinnion gives best chance for smaller teams against bigger clubs.
      Last edited by Shawshank; 12-13-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Rytas keeps Ndour. He's EL level big. There are worse centers there. Ndour/Buva is the strongest 5th position in club's history i think.

Comment

• Kariniauskas is fairly bleak at Rytas level. He was promoted nearly as PG powerhouse prior 2021 OGQT. I see only Butkevicius as NT material in Rytas roster.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
            Rytas keeps Ndour.
            Nope eventually...

Comment

• Rytas vs Lietkabelis yesterday game was one more playoofs type between these two teams .Best lkl games this season was between those teams . This time Rytas gave rematch for lkf semifinal lose.

Now Lietkabelis can blame only themselfs Rytas played without Buva and for Lietkabelis is was must win game to do not allow Rytas get 1st place in standings.

Now lkl semifinals Zagiris-Lietkabelis like 99% and open road for Rytas to lkl finals.
              Last edited by Shawshank; 04-12-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Continuing with the recent theme, I figured Rytas couldn't hold on to a single prospect from six standouts:

D. Giedraitis, Sirvydis, Blazevic, Tubelis, Marciulionis, K. Jakucionis

6 great gems from Vilnius and all left their home town early...It's says a lot about Rytas and what kind of pathetic situation of BB in Vilnius have been for recent 5-8 years.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Arnas Velicka in Rytas will be interesting. I will have a reason to switch on some Rytas' games, basically never intentionally did last season. No interesting players...NT borderliners as best players, meh...Now they have a prospect. And Velicka is getting to the age when he has to make it or brake it. Just as Jogela was say last season in LKL. He made a leap and who knows...

At least we'll know very well what's with Arnas and his development.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Arnas Velicka in Rytas will be interesting. I will have a reason to switch on some Rytas' games, basically never intentionally did last season. No interesting players...NT borderliners as best players, meh...Now they have a prospect. And Velicka is getting to the age when he has to make it or brake it. Just as Jogela was say last season in LKL. He made a leap and who knows...

At least we'll know very well what's with Arnas and his development.
                    The best players were not NT borderliners, but Foster who was a very cool player. If you mean only Liths, then Rytas is doing quite good here - it's close to the best core of local players that Rytas can have. It would be very hard to keep a NT player. It's not Rytas' fault that Butkevicius left. Or that talents moved to NCAA or Zalgiris. Many young players leave for NCAA nowadays, including those from Zalgiris.

Regarding Velicka, i haven't seen him for a long time. However, i like his assists stats. He may strengthen already solid Rytas' Liths core.

Comment

I will have a reason to switch on some Rytas' games, basically never intentionally did last season. No interesting players...NT borderliners as best players, meh.
                      NT borderliners are precisely the players I find the most interesting! I want to know if they're taking that one step upward.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-28-2023, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post

The best players were not NT borderliners, but Foster who was a very cool player. If you mean only Liths, then Rytas is doing quite good here - it's close to the best core of local players that Rytas can have. It would be very hard to keep a NT player. It's not Rytas' fault that Butkevicius left. Or that talents moved to NCAA or Zalgiris. Many young players leave for NCAA nowadays, including those from Zalgiris.

Regarding Velicka, i haven't seen him for a long time. However, i like his assists stats. He may strengthen already solid Rytas' Liths core.
                        Rytas doing solid job lately, that is true. It's good that we still have few good prospects in LKL left as Lelevicius, Velicka. I'm not sure it's generally good for LTU basketball seeing all better prospect going to NCAA. I think we need to see bright Lithuanians playing in LKL that kids would see them and feel the inspiration to play basketball.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Rytas' crew not sure either whenever Velicka is pass-first or shoot first kinda piece 23yo, but already goes bald. Some guys loses their hair early. Anyway, he's the reason to watch Rytas again. Last season I didn't catch a single game intentionally. Now they have a guy with an upside. I'm watching:

29 likes, 0 comments - rytasvilnius on September 12, 2023: "Not sure yet if Arnas is a pass-first PG or a shooter. He just does it ALL "

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                            this 2021/2022 Rytas team is by far my favourite from last 8 years.

I see coach that really cares, i see fighting players that is tough and defends.

Radzevicius,Butkevicius,Ndour,Kariniauskas,Normant as by far best Rytas 5 men lineup in years.

That group of players sure isnt playing most atractive basketball,but damm sure they always are in games because they really defends in every single game.

I believe such type fighting Rytas team will be very tough out in champions league playoofs for everybody.

Such type basketball in my opinnion gives best chance for smaller teams against bigger clubs.

Well they fell far short in the BCL in 2022 but they emerged as LKL champions anyway. It's high time though that Rytas made more noise in international competitions such as the BCL.

Comment

• "Degenerate with tattoo" putting up 18ppg in Eurocup, Tubelis tearing LKL (MVP mode), Marciulionis figuring out in NCAA, and, well, Marekas being Marekas (to me always was least talented, but he will be solid center).

No, these 4 talents were not overrated. Imagine if all 4 played for Rytas this season. It would be pretty nasty.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

"Degenerate with tattoo" putting up 18ppg in Eurocup, Tubelis tearing LKL (MVP mode), Marciulionis figuring out in NCAA, and, well, Marekas being Marekas (to me always was least talented, but he will be solid center).

No, these 4 talents were not overrated. Imagine if all 4 played for Rytas this season. It would be pretty nasty.
                                And what would be? I'm excited only regarding Tubelis and wouldn't be against Sirvydis. But anyway, Rytas' roster sucks this season so all 4 could have solid minutes. I'm not sure if Marciulionis is better than Velicka though, probably not.

The real impact for this team is Foster. With him and without - it's a big difference.
                                Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 12-06-2023, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information