Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatian league

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Cibona won 83-79
    With another triple double by Anderson:
    26 points, 10 reb and 11 fouls made on him.
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

69-71 for Cibona. Cibona won series with 3-1. Prkacin scored in last secend

In iterview Anderson said his first option is NBA, secend Cibona. He said he has good offer form Cibona. He said that Cibona ni basketball was his best decision in life, that because how club and people in Zagreb welcomed him like brother Cibona has advatage in front of all clubs. It would be nice to have such beast of player again

Here is the interwiev on Croatian
    http://www.kosarka.hr/main.asp?dir=news&newsid=27880
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Could anybody give me some detailed info on Jurica Spahija? He will come to a tryout to Hungary this week. As I've seen from his stats, he's quite good at boards. Could he play even the 5 in a league not so crowded with quality big men?

Svijetlost fires Head Coach Dzelalija, fines players
    - Oct 29, 2009 (by Eurobasket News)

BC Sviejtlost did not start new season in Croatian A-1 League as they expected. The team with high ambitions lost its first two matches and are currently at the bottom of the standings. As a result, team management has decided to take some radical measures. They have decided to fire its Head Coach Edi Dzelalija and will be looking for a replacement. Sporting Director of Svjetlost, Ivica Kardum stated for Croatian media that Dzelalija was fired only because of results, and that for the time being Igor Kovacevic will take over as Head Coach. Kardum went on to state that players were also fined for lack of effort as they salary for this month is cut by 40%. He has also issued a warning that if they do not raise their form the club will consider contract termination. Svejtlost is set to face Dubrovnik, in Round 3.
    Edi Dzelalija started his coaching career in 2001 when he worked as Assistant Coach at Sava Osiguranje Rijeka. That year his team made it to the Playoff Semifinals. In 2003 he landed his first Head Coaching jab after he took over Svijeltost. After three season with the club, he moved to Bosnian outfit Siroki Eronet during 2006-2007 season. He left Siroki in February of 2007 and he came back for his second stint with Svijeltost last season. Dzelalija also worked as Head Coach of U18 Croatian National Team in 2005 and 2006.
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Croatia/ba...?NewsID=175769
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

What is going on with Toni Prostran and Zadar's fans????

After he was released I sent a mail to a Zadar fan who told be about Toni Prostran before the Eurobasket. I asked him - what if he signs at Ciboba (I know he hate Cibona), will he hate him.
    Than through the conversation I understood that he is going to sing at Zagreb and that it is not much better for Zadar's fans.
    He told me also that there where calls at the radio that he will better not to come back to his home.
    I asked him, what would happen if he does and the answer was that he will be beaten like Marko Popovic was after he signed at Cibona. What??????

Of course he didn't say he will be part of it, but it was funny how he talked about the move of Prostarn that it is the mistake of his life....

Zadar is special place like no other in world. It is small city that wakes up and goes to sleep with with basketball. People there are very emotional and very conected with players, especialy with local Zadar kids. He was their pride, and "Zadar hart". Toni screwed them, and disapointed them even more than Popovic.

As for Zagreb they used to like them, but in last few years Zagrob got bit stronger and started to act like Cibona under Milicevic who used to secretley talk to players trying to convince them to brek contract with their clubs. Milicevic fameus was for young players. "It is better that young players sit on our bench than they are playing fo Zadar, Split, Sibenik". So far they take them Vladovic, Vukicevic (210 93.) and now Prostran without buyout. They even started to get lot of help from refs latley.

tough that is nothing compared to their rivley with Sibenik, at least it was when Sibenik had normal basketball club

as for Toni he is 3 for 3. 3 coaches, 3 fights with them. Reminds lot of Sesar, but with behavior, not talent. Sesar was Jordan for him

But would they really beat him. Did they beat Marko Popovic?

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    But would they really beat him. Did they beat Marko Popovic?
    don't kow, that never was in public. but sureley there will call him with lot of bad names even during summer when he will play with U-20 nt.

last year I red on Zadar forum Farmer or somebody else i don't know for sure was beaten by one guy for not trying hard.

surley they did force Zadar menagment to get rid of Ivanov and Dixon, and changed Giergia and menagment with boycot and protests over the city
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

KK Zagreb beat Cibona 81-74 and claimed the Cup.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

^Kudos to Mulaomerovic.Best pg of the 00s in Europe and still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    ^Kudos to Mulaomerovic.Best pg of the 00s in Europe and still got it.
    on ofense...others play defense for him. if bogdanovic didn't miss 4-5 open 3 pointers he would finish 30+ points

but Zoric deserved MVP, not him
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Can some of Croats here explain me what is happening with BC Split? I mean, OK, they have financial problems, but all of the ex-YU big clubs have them, but how on earth they came in this situation that they are not even playing in your first league playoffs?

I mean, Split is 2nd largest city in Croatia, biggest city in Dalmatia, is it really possible that ex-players, local industry and city don't want to help out 3 time Euro champion? I have a hard time to understand this, what is the only tourism income for Split municipality? In what way Zadar can help there BC more than Split? I mean, this is very bad for your basketball, instead of having let say 4 ok strong clubs like Cibona, Split, Zadar, Sibenka with history, you have 2 instant clubs like Zagreb and Cedevita, with Cibona which games fallow how many people? This is not good at all.

Problem with Split is that it seams that nobady in town doesn't care to much for it. All they care about is Hajduk. And because Croatia is centralised country where all money goes to Zagreb. But still with with more care and better menagment they could be on decent level as Split is one of bigest talent pools for basketball in Europ. If they were lead smart they could fuction at least like FMP. Just like Zadar and Cibona they are sufring from "instant" club policy that they were having for years. With all respect for Radja as player he is bad president. All he does is cryin we don't have mony to city and expecing that city will give tham money and wisiting Hajduk games insted of moving his but and finding sponsors.

Situation is similar in Šibenik. Evrything has falen on one man and people who only care for their profit and don't have thing with basketball. Just like Predrag Šarić said when was asked why did he send his son Dario in Zagreb, he said he doesn't wannt his kid to be coached by 19 year old kid who never played basketball in life. The only positive thing in thoes two citys is independent school of basketball Dražen Petrović basketball academy. Maybe in few years they will bring back basketball in Šibenik. So far their work with kids is great, but it will take some time.

As for Zagreb they are not instant club. Tehey were formed by "Pepsi" Božić in late 80is and club is consistantly imprving. In last few years they won two Croatian cups, and this year they qualyfied for Eurocup while Marko Tomas and Ante Tomić came from their basketball shool and few average players like Miljković, Simon, Stojić etc. Befor them It was Sesar. Before thay had luck nobady wannted Tomić, while Marko father has conections with people who work in Zagreb. Tough their problem is Zagreb doesn't have to many talented kids so they are forced ti bring kids from other citys. But now they will have more and more talents as they proved they work good with young players so more and parents chose to send his kid to KK Zagreb rather than any other club in Croatia. Cases in last year of Prostran, Bubalo, Šarić, Hezonja etc... proved it

As for Cedevita you can't blame them. It's private money similar like Hemofarm. But who folws them closley know they did great stuf in just few years they exist. Their senior team is fithing for Eurocup, their development team lead by players from 88. to 94. are fithig to go in Croatian A1 league, while their first U-18 and U-16 teams are one of best in Croatia. They already have few NT players in junior catergories. Butorac 90., Buva 91., Rogić 92., Benković 92., while they give bigest nuber of cadet players to U-16 NT Herendić, Bundović, Lebo all 94. are sure to play while also Urli and Rakitić are borderline canditates. So you can't deny great work on all areas in yust few year. So who knows. 10 years from now maybe we will talk abot stars developed in Cedevita and trophys the won. Krešo Novosel seas have great sense for menagment like his father
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

@Pohani komarac:

Well, that is not good. We have the same problem with decentralization, but still I thought that in Croatia is situation much more better because it is a very specific country, with its shape and completely different areas, and also Zagreb is much smaller city than Belgrade, and I know how looks Zagreb-Split rivalry in everything, and Split is in center of very prominent tourist region like Dalmatia, also tourism is one of the main boost of Croatia budget, without that you would be in much more serious problems than one you are in now, so I must say that I am very surprise with this that you told me about more and more things moving to Zagreb. Also, like you said, Dalmatia is genetically much more fertile ground for young basketball players than Zagorje.

About Cedevita, I think that is great what they are doing, providing some good work and investing in talents, but still, I think that they should do what Lions Vrsac did. They were sponsored by Swisslion, they made to NLB league, but they were 2nd club in relatively small place like Vrsac, so they moved to Kragujevac, and now they also have great support from fans, full hall, about 4000 fans. So I think it would be fans and profit wise is Cedevita would play in Rijeka or Osijek for example. But, maybe I am wrong, maybe Cedevita is more like FMP who has the best infrastructure of all clubs in Serbia, has best young players in all Europe, they play junior Euroleague F4 every year I think, but they have no fans. The problem for them to move in another city is because they have all infrastructure in Belgrade, and the Belgrade is the best place to collect talents from all part of country. Also, it could happen that Red Star and FMP merge in one club.

o yes man, croatia is very centralised. people in zagreb having 100% biger standard tha rest of croatia. that's why nobady investing in sport in other regions...
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Final round of regular season is over, Cibona holds pole position thanx to stupidity of KK Cedevita president

Cibona 12-2
    Zadar 12-2
    Cedevita 11-3
    Zagreb 9-5
    Zabok 5-9
    Brod Svijetlost 4-10
    Trogir 2-12
    Darda 1-13
    .................................................. .....................
    Borik 7-3
    Split 6-4
    Dubrava 6-4
    Dubrovnik 5-5
    Sibenik 3-7
    Kastela 3-7

Kastela is directley out of league, Sibenik went to qualyfications but is almost out for next season as Kvarner and Alkar almost secured place in A1 league (If ofcours Danko Radic doesn't saves them with wideing up league wich become reality since he saw Sibenik will drop out)

curent standings of qualifications

Alkar 6-1
    Kvarner 6-1
    Sibenik 4-3
    Mladost Cedevita2 3-4
    Belisce 1-6
    Medjimurje 1-6
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

first games of semifinals

cibona-zagreb 93-75
    zadar-cedevita 83-63
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!