Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Croatian league

Sibenik ofically promoted to A1 league.

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Croatian regular season finished. Jolly made to playoffs for first time in history

Cibona-Jolly
    Zadar-Cedevita

fianl standings:

Cibona 12-2
    Zadar 12-3
    Cedevita 12-3
    Jolly JBS 7-7
    Kvarner 2010 7-7
    Split 5-9
    Zagreb 2-12
    Alkar 1-13

Index:
    1. Josip Sobin 21,29
    2. Dario Šarić 21,25
    3. Ronald Ross 21
    4. Miro Bilan 19,21
    5. Romeo Von Travis 18,38

2. Ivica Radić 15,83
    3. Bracey Wright 15,55
    4. Dario Šarić 15,33
    5. Ivan Novačić 15,07

rebounds:

1. Josip Sobin 8,9
    2. Dario Šarić 8,2
    3. Miro Bilan 7,3
    4. Ivica Radić 7
    5. Mate Mrva 6,9

asists:

Asistencije:
    1. Bojan Krivec 5,5
    2. Jerel Blassingame 5,1
    3. Marko Car 4,1
    4. Bracey Wright 3,7
    5. Toni Katić 3,4

blocks:

1. Filip Kraljević 3,3
    2. Jusuf Nurkić 1
    3. Domagoj Bubalo 0,9
    4. Miro Bilan 0,9
    5. Dario Šarić 0,9

steals:

1. Ronald Ross 3,2
    2. Darryl Eugene Strawberry 2,3
    3. Marko Car 2,3
    4. Dario Šarić 1,9
    5. Toni Katić 1,9
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

So excited about Šarić's future Croatia does need a star calibre player like him to get back to the top. But in Croatia people are already doubting him, Pohani?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    So excited about Šarić's future Croatia does need a star calibre player like him to get back to the top. But in Croatia people are already doubting him, Pohani?
    yes

Most people are not realistic and most of them expectin him to be "new" Kukoc, Petrovic, Magic or Nowitzki....for lot of them reching let's say Turkoglu level would be wasted talent because all media hype and his stats on junior level

he does strugle in some areas like shooting or creating where he lack polish and explosivnes, but that's normal for that age. but people are like...."etrovic dominated at age of 16 (myth) and so on and so on.

and most forget how he plays well over his age. I mean leage is not to strong, and stats never tell full story, but he does very well

and suprsigly his defense along with fighting spirit is actally best part from his game, and breaks some myths that he would suck on defense in nba

he does lose awarnes and position, but that will come with expiriance. but it's his defense abiltys that have nothing with what draft sites says. He won't be prime defender do to lack athleticisam, but will be good. His 1 on 1 defense was on this level fantastic. Non in recent days outplayed him in low post. He is very tough and strong for his body (and can only get biger), fighter and reads players itentions well, and as well done great job when he switched even on centers. Also forced sevrel times on switch shorter guard to give up dribling or atlest corectly stay wit him and contesting them. When he goes for steal he rearly makes bad gambel, it's quite efective with perfect timeing, while he was great in blocking shoots (stast are not corect in croatian leage, they often "robe" players just like in EL). Lot of those blocks were over the rim dunk atamptes where he showind perfect timeing and good lenght and leaping ability when he can use small step to get of ground (tough, not explosive leaper who can get of with feat set )

and btw. he also has over 2 asists per game

he may never end as Nowitzki/Petrovic level (wich is very unfair expectations), but with bit of lack he will have great carer for sure do to his work ethic and fighting spirit
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Whole ex-Yu is infected with those "that guy dominated at 16, while nowadays 20 years olds can't do the same, there is no talent anymore whatsoever"... not realising how much the times have changed.

What's the adriatic league status, Cibona, Zadar and Cedevita will pass, I guess? And also, apart from Split obviously, does any other club has any ambitions to reach it?

Bojan Krivec as no.1 passer. I wouldn't have thought that. I mean I realy like the type of PG's he is, able to play serious defense, but I have never thought of him as somebody with great court vision.

It's time for Zadar to get that championship again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Whole ex-Yu is infected with those "that guy dominated at 16, while nowadays 20 years olds can't do the same, there is no talent anymore whatsoever"... not realising how much the times have changed.

What's the adriatic league status, Cibona, Zadar and Cedevita will pass, I guess? And also, apart from Split obviously, does any other club has any ambitions to reach it?

Bojan Krivec as no.1 passer. I wouldn't have thought that. I mean I realy like the type of PG's he is, able to play serious defense, but I have never thought of him as somebody with great court vision.

It's time for Zadar to get that championship again.
    Jet that is just myth, Petrovic at age of 16 only got small minutes. Same thing with Kukoc, they say he was alredy EL chapion at age of 18. While truth is Kukoc debuted after his first senior season at big stage for Yugoslavia, what Saric will likely do this summer. Only difrece is Saric is born in first half of year, Toni on last. Saric may never be good as him, but will have good carer. He improves day by day

Krivec was leader of young Kvarner team lead by younger Anzulovic as coach (who is promising, hope he won't get cocky like his brother) and fited nice in p'n'r system . They held their own against ABA league teams. Good to see Rijeka is waking in basketball. If they could somehow make Volpi to invest money in basketball like he did in football and water polo then ABA would not be out of reach
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Cibona-Jolly 1-0
    Zadar-Cedevita 1-0

highligst from regular season Cibona-Cedevita

Zadar-Cedevita first game

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Cibona-Jolly 2-0, Zadar-Cedevita 1-1

Krizevci beat Skrljevo twice and will stay in croatian A1 leage
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Zadar back in finals after 3 years

Last edited by pohani komarac; 05-27-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Cibona-Zadar 2-0 for now

seaing Zadar fans makes me so sad their future is stil under big question because debts

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Cibona-Zadar 3-0 Saric at end took over statistical MVP from Sobin. Tough Blassingame is hero of "saved" season. Hope menagers won't take Saric away from Cibona, he is not redy for NBA. His stats were bit crazy like in finish of season, but don't tell full story. At this point in higher level at best is only good role player

On bad side, refs helped tonight Cibona and stoped Zadar potetial comback. Sad those morons stole the show. It's embarising for me as Cibona fan to see that repeats after Milan Bandic took over cibona
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Cedevita collapse again

Anyway, how much earn Blassingame in Cibona? I dont understand how the keep them

I'm pretty much surprised about the outcome. Blassingame wasn't too expensive imo, in his days with prokom he was one of the most destructive forces known in euroleague, yet with Cibona he actualy turned around the whole team. Either a matter of playing level or he actually matured noticably.
    Nevertheless I expected Cedevita and after them being eliminated Zadar to go over Cibona.

Congrats Cibosi

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    Cedevita collapse again

Anyway, how much earn Blassingame in Cibona? I dont understand how the keep them
    Blassingame 200K. He resinged for 2 seasons with Cibona

Milan Bandic won elections, totaly "killed" his oponents and now has full control in Zagreb so rumors say Cibona will have 3M budget next season
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Blassingame 200K. He resinged for 2 seasons with Cibona

Milan Bandic won elections, totaly "killed" his oponents and now has full control in Zagreb so rumors say Cibona will have 3M budget next season
    200k Dollars?

How much they have this season, 2,5m?

And do you know were DJ goes, does he have any serious offers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    I'm pretty much surprised about the outcome. Blassingame wasn't too expensive imo, in his days with prokom he was one of the most destructive forces known in euroleague, yet with Cibona he actualy turned around the whole team. Either a matter of playing level or he actually matured noticably.
    Nevertheless I expected Cedevita and after them being eliminated Zadar to go over Cibona.

Congrats Cibosi
    Blasingame got in team that sutits him. He istantly conected with Zizic p'n'r and Zizic at moment looked like Zizic from season with Popovic. While Cibona pushes hard on trasition trough him, Saric and DJ where he exceles with his speed and court vision. He did sometimes screrw in 5 on 5 and got willd. But for curent Cibona level he is Steve Nash

Cedevita will reduce buget, but that does not mean they will be worse then this season. I guess and hope they will get "younger"
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    200k Dollars?

How much they have this season, 2,5m?

And do you know were DJ goes, does he have any serious offers?
    euros

My mistake he would ern that much if he was full season here, he reportedly had 20k for mounth

Cibona this season had about 2M if we don't count what was paid by Klemm security/Bandic for Saric

Don't know for DJ ofers, but for sure he will try to sign for biger money somwhere. He also had 200k. Those were most expensive players

But most iportant we have decent PG tou build for next seson, unlike last where Mrsic and Prkacing totally screwd with Ware, Carter, Anderson, Smush
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    euros

My mistake he would ern that much if he was full season here, he reportedly had 20k for mounth

Cibona this season had about 2M if we don't count what was paid by Klemm security/Bandic for Saric

Don't know for DJ ofers, but for sure he will try to sign for biger money somwhere. He also had 200k. Those were most expensive players

But most iportant we have decent PG tou build for next seson, unlike last where Mrsic and Prkacing totally screwd with Ware, Carter, Anderson, Smush
    I think you really hit a jackpot with Blassingame, and you got it for a cheap price..
    About Dj, there was some rumours here about Zvezda, but it seems like a fake rumours

Anyway, thanx for answers

Cedevita-Cibona 3-0. Cedevita won first championship in history
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Well deserved from my perspective. Noticably cheaper team than last year, but nevertheless functioning twice as good on court - i like those kind of true teams. Congrats Cedevita!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910