This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croatian league

A.J. Guyton ex-Virtus Bologna player is a new KK Cedevita player..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

...3 teams from Zagreb in adriatic league next season... if Split had troubles against Brod without any foreigners, Cedevita with some reinforcements should get among thee best 4.

btw. Split fired Ebong and Abrams
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
      ...3 teams from Zagreb in adriatic league next season... if Split had troubles against Brod without any foreigners, Cedevita with some reinforcements should get among thee best 4.

btw. Split fired Ebong and Abrams
      'cause of the poor Zagreb and Split results this year we will have only three teams in the regional league next year..
      and honestly even though I don't like instant clubs like Cedevita is I would like for them to catch the last spot in the regional league..
      I think they could be a nice vitamin refreshment for the league. .. something like Hemofarm maybe, just like Hemofarm they too have a big sponsor who's president is a sport "crazy" person and he will invest as much money as they need just to be in the middle or in the first part of the table..
      I'm sick and tired of both Split and Zagreb poor results year after year..
      Zagreb is always claiming that they are producing young players..
      yeah right..
      last year in croatian league games combined age of all Zagreb starters was something like 170-180..
      this year it's a bit different they are app. 30 year younger, but their starting five looks like this: Taylor, Sesar, Broyles, Zadravec, Tomić...
      only Tomić is a huge prospect of croatian bball..
      won't comment the other..
      and I won't comment Split and their problems..

however both Zagreb and Split have a big advantage in comparison to the clubs that are currently playing national league games..
      in the first part of the national championship (Zagreb, Split, Cibona and Zadar aren't playing in the first part) clubs aren't allowed to have any foreign player on their roster.. that's allowed only in the second part of the season when our regional league representatives also come into the league..
      and ofcourse Zagreb and Split have a whole season to experiment and to create a team play with foreign players while Cedevita for example can't do that during the season and they need to do that while playing in the second part of the championship..
      so it's a big advantage for regional league clubs 'cause our (croatian) first class players are simply too expensive and non of them is crazy enough to play first six months of the season practicly for nothing in the domestic league..
      but I hope Cedevita will include Guyton in their game plan asap and that they will finally take Zagreb and Split out of the regional league..

Comment

'cause of the poor Zagreb and Split results this year we will have only three teams in the regional league next year..
        I've read this in croatian media. Serbia will be given 5 spots and since Montenegro is independant they'll get one spot as well, with best country from 2 consecutive seasons (of course, Serbia) getting aditional spot as well, meaning that 2nd and 3rd ranked countries will both end up with one team less

Serbia 3 +1 (best ranked) +1(best in 2 seasons) =5
        Croatia 3 =3
        Slovenia 3-1 =2
        Bosnia 2
        Montenegro 1
        FYROMacedonia 1
        ---------------------

I don't know if Slovenia supasses BiH if we manage to keep 3 teams though...

and honestly even though I don't like instant clubs like Cedevita is I would like for them to catch the last spot in the regional league..
        I think they could be a nice vitamin refreshment for the league.

something like Hemofarm maybe, just like Hemofarm they too have a big sponsor who's president is a sport "crazy" person and he will invest as much money as they need just to be in the middle or in the first part of the table..
        that's true, but Hemofarm also got sth. like 4 mio $ buyout for Miličič, which he is repaying year after year... which probably (noone really talks about that) helped the club a lot in the past few years.

however both Zagreb and Split have a big advantage in comparison to the clubs that are currently playing national league games..
        in the first part of the national championship (Zagreb, Split, Cibona and Zadar aren't playing in the first part) clubs aren't allowed to have any foreign player on their roster.. that's allowed only in the second part of the season when our regional league representatives also come into the league..
        and ofcourse Zagreb and Split have a whole season to experiment and to create a team play with foreign players while Cedevita for example can't do that during the season and they need to do that while playing in the second part of the championship..
        so it's a big advantage for regional league clubs 'cause our (croatian) first class players are simply too expensive and non of them is crazy enough to play first six months of the season practicly for nothing in the domestic league..
        but I hope Cedevita will include Guyton in their game plan asap and that they will finally take Zagreb and Split out of the regional league..
        it'll mostlikely be Split.
        btw. Is Split really economically that bad they can't support a normal team?

On košarka.hr, I've read a new suggestion of competition system that would probably abolish this "no foreigners rule". That's just as our league is played right now, with team that don't participate in Uleb cup, playing in national campionship along with adriatic league.
        I think this change is almost a must, the league benefits from it, since it finally gets some "serious" teams and teams from Al get to play 2nd game per week, since only one game per week doesn't really benefit to anyone imho.

compared to "before the AdriaticL period" lower clubs lack of hard games... nevermind Cibona and Olimpija might win with 40+ difference against highly motivated opponent, teams like Zadar, Zagreb, Split or Helios, Slovan can still bring a lot to the league...

I think it's a logical change that will happen sooner or later.
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Serbia 3 +1 (best ranked) +1(best in 2 seasons) =5
          Croatia 3 =3
          Slovenia 3-1 =2
          Bosnia 2
          Montenegro 1
          FYROMacedonia 1
          ---------------------

I don't know if Slovenia supasses BiH if we manage to keep 3 teams though...
          yes that's correct but I don't think that Macedonian club will be included so soon..
          so I guess that place will be given to Slovenia..
          but we will just have to wait and see..

that's true, but Hemofarm also got sth. like 4 mio $ buyout for Miličič, which he is repaying year after year... which probably (noone really talks about that) helped the club a lot in the past few years.
          that's true, that is a quite big sume of money, and I guess it was especially helpfull before the start of this season when the Hemofarm company was sold to a german buyer and a new owner decided to reduce a sume of money for the sponsorship club..
          but since their expansion under Hemofarm name they've built quite good youth school..
          or maybe they had one before as well, I don't really know..

it'll mostlikely be Split.
          btw. Is Split really economically that bad they can't support a normal team?
          I don't think the money is a problem 'cause You can always find money somewhere especially in a town like Split which is one of big tourist centers in Croatia.. but they simply don't have a will to input some money into professionall sport..
          waterpolo, handball, bball, football etc... they are all having big financial problems in Split.. no one really cares about them..
          but I don't have to talk to you about that, the situation is almost the same with U. Olimpija case..
          and that's a pity 'cause some of the best athletes in the history of sport were born and raised in Split.. from football to handball, basketball, waterpolo, tenis etc.

On košarka.hr, I've read a new suggestion of competition system that would probably abolish this "no foreigners rule". That's just as our league is played right now, with team that don't participate in Uleb cup, playing in national campionship along with adriatic league.
          I think this change is almost a must, the league benefits from it, since it finally gets some "serious" teams and teams from Al get to play 2nd game per week, since only one game per week doesn't really benefit to anyone imho.

compared to "before the AdriaticL period" lower clubs lack of hard games... nevermind Cibona and Olimpija might win with 40+ difference against highly motivated opponent, teams like Zadar, Zagreb, Split or Helios, Slovan can still bring a lot to the league...

I think it's a logical change that will happen sooner or later.
          I'm cheering for that to happen, I think that would be a big step forward..
          'cause basicly Zadar, Split and Zagreb are having only one game per week for most of the season..
          and even in that one regional league game it's hard for them to win ..
          and the costs of the professional bball club are simply too big for just one game in a week..
          but we will have to wait and see what will happen, for know only Zadar is against that..
          and I can't really understand way..
          but most people in charge of both bball association and the clubs aren't really that smart or they are simply filling their own pockets and they don't give a fuck about rest of us..

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
            A.J. Guyton ex-Virtus Bologna player is a new KK Cedevita player..
            Cedevita also signed Adam Harrington and Vlado Pašalić... not bad

Comment

finally...

Split won 92-84 at home vs. Zagreb

Ayuso 34 (8/14 for 3), Barkley 24 +7assists, Rudež 17; Broyles 17, Zadravec 17+7reb, Tomić 15

Split messed things up a little bit, but they'll still have to hope they play better vs. Cedevita than Zagreb does, since I don't think Zadar will afford many more losses vs. teams like Borik anymore, while Cibona loosing against anyone else than maybee Zadar is almost out of question imho...

Cibona – Svjetlost 111:85
              Kvarner Novi Resort – Cedevita 79:89
              Zadar - Borik-Puntamika 88:91

1. Cibona 2 - 0 (+48)
              2. Split CO 2 - 0 (+17)
              3. Zagreb 1 - 1 (+34)
              4. Zadar 1 - 1 (+5)
              5. Cedevita 1 - 1 (+1)
              6. Borik Puntamika 1 - 1 (-6)
              7. Kvarner Novi Resort 0 - 2 (-31)
              8. Svjetlost 0 - 2 (-68)

Comment

Wow Ayuso may 5, 41pts, 7-6 pts fg and 12-8 for 3's and 0 TO

Ayuso is the best bro!
                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

In an arrangement between CBF and the national TV, a schedule for the final games between Cibona and Zadar were announced. Final starts on Sunday, June 3rd and the champion is the team that first wins three games.

Sunday, 03.06.2007. at 4:25pm Zagreb: BC "Cibona" – BC "Zadar"
                  Tuesday, 05.06.2007. at 4:15pm Zadar: BC "Zadar" – BC "Cibona"
                  Saturday, 09.06.2007. at 5:00pm Zagreb: BC "Cibona" – BC "Zadar"
                  Tuesday, 12.06.2007. at 5:45pm Zadar: BC "Zadar" – BC "Cibona" (if necessary)
                  Saturday, 16.06.2007. at 8:10pm Zagreb: BC "Cibona" – BC "Zadar" (if necessary)

Comment

Zadar has won the game in Zagreb and is leading 2-1, having the chance to win the championship with the last match at home in the hell of Jazine arena.

Cibona - Zadar 87:95
                    Krasić 24, Kus 15, Warren 12 +7reb; English 27, Čolak 15 +7reb, Lalić 14, Gečevski 9 +8reb +5assists

ajmo Dalmacija!!

Comment

ajmo Dalmacija!!
                      ajmo

Comment

Zadar - Cibona 89:90

5th game... damn, Zadar screwed up a nice chance for the title, it'll be tougher now...

Comment

That was so close. Zadar really missed that chance.

Comment

fifth and final game

Cibona - Zadar 100-62

Comment

Cibona was a few levels better opponent today. deserved the victory and the title.
                              I expected a tough and close match, but Zadar was tottaly lost on court...

Hopefully they'll be a bit more lucky next year with selecting the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information