Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 461 to 475 of 475

Thread: IBN rankings (vote)

  1. #461
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    88
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Just like you flicked your head out of the sand when Lithuania finally played a good game? Or you will tell us now that a week ago you also believed that Lithuania will win gold, enjoyed our bball and a REAL BIG FAN should always be only uberoptimistic and close eyes when smth is goin' wrong?
    I wasn't talking about you. I see that you took it personal.
    But you can always "beat" team/shout/do conclusions after fact/championship. I'm not uberoptimistic and never will be. It's a long and tough road until gold even if you are in SF. All different endings won't suprise me, because we will play one game in all stages, not a series. It's two different issues then things is goin' wrong in group stage and in playoffs. We know from history that Kazlauskas LT teams like to save best for the end and usually starts slow.
    Biggest basketball fans flaw, that a lot of them like to make assumptions about one or another team from names(players/teams) on the paper. This is team sport, especially in Europe. Kazlauskas said that team is feeling very big pressure from outside and inside to perform and to win games yesterday after the game, because of that he can't more trust players, who feel this kind of pressure first time in their careers. It's understandable that pressure is bigger then we're playing Czech, Belgium, Latvia, Georgia and etc. You could see it on the court. This Lithuania team is best then they're underdogs.
    Again, i'm talking not about your views.
    Last edited by Kaunietis; 09-17-2015 at 01:50 PM.

  2. #462
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,434
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaunietis View Post
    I wasn't talking about you. I see that you took it personal.
    But you can always "beat" team/shout/do conclusions after fact/championship. I'm not uberoptimistic and never will be. It's a long and tough road until gold even if you are in SF. All different endings won't suprise me, because we will play one game in all stages, not a series. It's two different issues then things is goin' wrong in group stage and in playoffs. We know from history that Kazlauskas LT teams like to save best for the end and usually starts slow.
    Biggest basketball fans flaw, that a lot of them like to make assumptions about one or another team from names(players/teams) on the paper. This is team sport, especially in Europe. Kazlauskas said that team is feeling very big pressure from outside and inside to perform and to win games yesterday after the game, because of that he can't more trust players, who feel this kind of pressure first time in their careers. It's understandable that pressure is bigger then we're playing Czech, Belgium, Latvia, Georgia and etc. You could see it on the court. This Lithuania team is best then they're underdogs.
    Again, i'm talking not about your views.
    Nothing personal - it's just forum I see your point now, misunderstood it at first. Generally I agree, there's no need to crusify team before the tournament is over, but good critics is always ok, afterall forum is all about it - to express our view, to praise or criticise, just everything should be reasonable, not like "we will win gold, cause I'm a big fan and optimist", it looks a bit childish.
    On our NT, I was one of few here who believed in Kazlauskas since very beginning 2013 and had little doubts about him till now, but this year his tactics were really questionable, too pro-JV. Knowing how conservative he is, it was really big question mark will he be able to change his view/team playin' style. But it seems he did - team finally plays some transition bball, has more freedom, more room for improvisation and it pays dividends. Afterall this time all that criticism around the team most probably was just on time


  3. #463
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    88
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    On our NT, I was one of few here who believed in Kazlauskas since very beginning 2013 and had little doubts about him till now, but this year his tactics were really questionable, too pro-JV. Knowing how conservative he is, it was really big question mark will he be able to change his view/team playin' style. But it seems he did - team finally plays some transition bball, has more freedom, more room for improvisation and it pays dividends. Afterall this time all that criticism around the team most probably was just on time
    I think Kazlauskas is more tactically flexible than people give credit to him. Maybe tactics was too pro-JV(too much isolation 1 vs 1), but it was partially because Kalnietis was underperforming. He's main man in Kazlauskas schemes, all good things starts from his playmaking. His form is getting better and better. Maybe vs Serbia he'll underperfom, I don't know, but if you look to history from today's point of view, he is better player now than he was at the start of championship.
    Last year LT NT was very different, because of Kalnietis injury few days before tournament. Firstly because of that I have much respect for Kazlauskas. He completely changed his tactics in a very short period of time, where PG position was non-factor and not the most important on court. Also this team don't have more players like pre-injury Kleiza, Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Stombergas, they usually thrived when team was under pressure. They could lead team to victory by themselves. Now we can usually win games by using better tactics and by playing smarter than our opponents. Also thanks to Maciulis, he raised his level to another step.
    Last edited by Kaunietis; 09-17-2015 at 03:14 PM.

  4. #464
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    76
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    [deleted] personal insult. - Levenspiel
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-19-2015 at 07:09 AM.

  5. #465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    318
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blogazzz View Post
    [deleted] personal insult. - Levenspiel
    ccc, poor Mindozas, never could qualify to be proper fan(boy)
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-19-2015 at 07:11 AM.

  6. #466
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,147
    Country: Canada

    Default

    I think Mindozas needs some of this to re-establish his credentials as a Lithuanian fanboy:




  7. #467
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,434
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Hepcat, I'm afraid I can't eat kugelis anymore, since a true Lithuanian fanboy told me I'm fake as I was stupid enough to doubt Lithuania will win gold after historical win over Estonia FML


  8. #468
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    The real ranking

    Serbia
    France
    Greece
    Spain
    Italy
    Turkey
    Germany
    Croatia
    Lithuania
    Czech Republic
    Belgium
    Slovenia
    Latvia
    Israel
    Finland
    Poland
    Georgia
    Russia
    Macedonia
    The Netherlands
    Ukraine
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Iceland
    Estonia
    So now will you move Lithuania Up ? Italians got destroyed.
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    6,890
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I deserve to be fucked

  10. #470
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    76
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    I deserve to be fucked
    I respect you.. really

  11. #471
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    I deserve to be fucked
    Come on. Update the rankings

    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  12. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    You have been banned for a reason. If you'll insist on making new accounts, I'll make sure that 7 day ban turns into a permanent one. Your pick.
    JPF
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 09-20-2015 at 01:01 PM.

  13. #473
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    68
    Country: Finland

    Default

    All in all the forum rankings were actually reasonably accurate and at least predicted all the semifinalists correctly.

  14. #474
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upi View Post
    All in all the forum rankings were actually reasonably accurate and at least predicted all the semifinalists correctly.
    No. The rankings were seriously looked to much at the names on the rosters this year and nothing else. Lithuania ranked 9th was a joke. Lithuania is experienced team in the playoffs and our Group D teams showed everybody that Group D was filled with good teams. I was predicting before the championship a Bronze or a 4th place for Lithuania. We lacked some good players for the final to even out the possibilities against Spain. And I do think we were lucky avoiding France in the Semi Finals. There was an argument between Batum and Motiejunas. Batum said that the real Final was France vs Spain in the Semis. He thinks that Lithuania didn't fully deserve the Final. Well as much as I would like to disagree. There is a bit of truth in it. I would be unsure about the victory playing France. But then again Lithuania beat the tournaments favorites Serbia so...
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  15. #475
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    68
    Country: Finland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    No. The rankings were seriously looked to much at the names on the rosters this year and nothing else. Lithuania ranked 9th was a joke. Lithuania is experienced team in the playoffs and our Group D teams showed everybody that Group D was filled with good teams. I was predicting before the championship a Bronze or a 4th place for Lithuania. We lacked some good players for the final to even out the possibilities against Spain. And I do think we were lucky avoiding France in the Semi Finals. There was an argument between Batum and Motiejunas. Batum said that the real Final was France vs Spain in the Semis. He thinks that Lithuania didn't fully deserve the Final. Well as much as I would like to disagree. There is a bit of truth in it. I would be unsure about the victory playing France. But then again Lithuania beat the tournaments favorites Serbia so...
    ...and the forum rankings still predicted the semifinalists correctly...

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •