View Poll Results: Who will be the 3 Qualifiers?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angola

    0 0%
  • Canada

    13 23.21%
  • Croatia

    7 12.50%
  • Czech Republic

    0 0%
  • France

    37 66.07%
  • Greece

    16 28.57%
  • Italy

    25 44.64%
  • Latvia

    3 5.36%
  • Mexico

    0 0%
  • New Zealand

    0 0%
  • Phillippines

    7 12.50%
  • Puerto Rico

    2 3.57%
  • Serbia

    44 78.57%
  • Turkey

    2 3.57%
  • Other (Iran, Japan, Senegal, Tunisia)

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 681 to 692 of 692

Thread: Road to Rio 2016: Olympic Qualifying Tournament

  1. #681
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,754
    Country: Greece

    Default

    France, Serbia and Italy are huge favourites.

    It all comes down to one game though so anything might happen.

  2. #682
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    any chance to doqnload matches or to watch them not live ? I'm asking because matches are scheduled at the same time in Turin and Beograd
    Yes no problem i can add replay of the match after the live just see schedule on the balkansport after matchs.

  3. #683
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,219
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I received few death threats from Begedis, Karves Subine, Bybis, Daunas, Lochas, Nuopisa, Kazytis and Siknius. There were some other guys too that I don't remember their nicknames.
    Welcome to the club,mate.
    It is just a single person,highly disturbed never less and with multiple accounts, who keeps on harassing fellow posters and sabotaging this forum.
    For me,in the beginning it was just that i was i fucking emigre (fair enough ) who knows nothing and then , it got worse - i got bombarded with scat pictures and who knows what else,because i could not be bothered ,and then i took time out from this forum for about 9 months.
    Just because i could not enjoy this place anymore. And just when i though it was safe to come back...Death threats ? I wonder what is next on the line. So , you just take it easy ,mate . I feel that what started as a dislike to some fellow Lithuanians for one or another reason ,it just became menace for a whole community here.
    Last edited by auris1; 07-04-2016 at 09:39 PM.

  4. #684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    we are way better team than Lithuania.
    Way better? Sorry, but no. Not way better. Slightly better on the paper (and maybe in reality, but that should be proven first). Weak 3 spot and I wouldn't go crazy about anyone besides Teo in the backourt. I think Serbia is much better with Jokic though, but so Lithuania played without Motiejunas last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  5. #685
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,152
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Way better? Sorry, but no. Not way better. Slightly better on the paper (and maybe in reality, but that should be proven first). Weak 3 spot and I wouldn't go crazy about anyone besides Teo in the backourt. I think Serbia is much better with Jokic though, but so Lithuania played without Motiejunas last year.
    I would rather say weak at C spot now. Jokic is a great add, but no Boban. Raduljica is a moron. SF is pretty much settled and strong. Kalinic is there, with Simonovic as a backup. Plus Bogdanovic plays SF a lot and both Dangubic, Guduric and Zagorac play SF and are in the pipeline. This is more of a strength. Jokic is the sole bright spot at C, because coach fights with Boban and we didn't call up some other potential options. PF is a bit short too, but that will be OK once Bjelica is back after the OQT.

    On paper Serbia is a better team, still you need to prove it in a game. Lithuania is losing the roster battle in the backfield, which is probably the worst I can remember ever for a Lith team, which always had great backcourts. SF-PF-C You are pretty much set and you have great prospects coming up as well.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #686
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Way better? Sorry, but no. Not way better. Slightly better on the paper (and maybe in reality, but that should be proven first). Weak 3 spot and I wouldn't go crazy about anyone besides Teo in the backourt. I think Serbia is much better with Jokic though, but so Lithuania played without Motiejunas last year.
    I think on paper Serbia is clearly better than Lithuania. Backcourt play is even more important in Fiba play and I think that's the key advantage. But these aren't series they are one game scenarios and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Lithuania beat Serbia. So it becomes less and important who is better rather than who is capable on any given day. As a USA fan I am just as worried or more in a one and done scenario playing against Lithuania than Serbia, or France due to its familiarity and comfort playing us.

  7. #687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    I would rather say weak at C spot now. Jokic is a great add, but no Boban. Raduljica is a moron. SF is pretty much settled and strong. Kalinic is there, with Simonovic as a backup. Plus Bogdanovic plays SF a lot and both Dangubic, Guduric and Zagorac play SF and are in the pipeline. This is more of a strength. Jokic is the sole bright spot at C, because coach fights with Boban and we didn't call up some other potential options. PF is a bit short too, but that will be OK once Bjelica is back after the OQT.

    On paper Serbia is a better team, still you need to prove it in a game. Lithuania is losing the roster battle in the backfield, which is probably the worst I can remember ever for a Lith team, which always had great backcourts. SF-PF-C You are pretty much set and you have great prospects coming up as well.
    Maybe you right about 3, but you still want more consistency from Bogdanovic, Kalinic and I also think Nedovic is inconsistent at NT level and pretty much overall. Markovic also very unpredictable in terms of scoring. Plus, as you agreed, Serbia's frontline is a bit overrated, because Bjelica is a stretch 4 and none of other bigs impresses me much except Jokic. Jokic is a beast inside and he can score and to be facilitator from inside. But generally Serbia as a team has weaknesses and some people were too fast to give them the calibre of France and Spain (that's happening since 2009 pretty much). Still great team though.

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I think on paper Serbia is clearly better than Lithuania. Backcourt play is even more important in Fiba play and I think that's the key advantage. But these aren't series they are one game scenarios and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Lithuania beat Serbia. So it becomes less and important who is better rather than who is capable on any given day. As a USA fan I am just as worried or more in a one and done scenario playing against Lithuania than Serbia, or France due to its familiarity and comfort playing us.
    I don't know about USA. Generally I think Europe doesn't have a team which can beat USA these days. Too bad. But yeah Lithuania can very well beat Serbia and even France, Spain in the knockout stage once they gather the highest gear for 4finals or semifinals performance. Lithuania has winners mentality and this current core really knows what it means to play in the knock out stage and to win there.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 07-04-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  8. #688
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,152
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Maybe you right about 3, but you still want more consistency from Bogdanovic, Kalinic and I also think Nedovic is inconsistent at NT level and pretty much overall. Markovic also very unpredictable in terms of scoring. Plus, as you agreed, Serbia's frontline is a bit overrated, because Bjelica is a stretch 4 and none of other bigs impresses me much except Jokic. Jokic is a beast inside and he can score and to be facilitator from inside. But generally Serbia as a team has weaknesses and some people were too fast to give them the calibre of France and Spain (that's happening since 2009 pretty much). Still great team though.
    I would rather say that the frontcourt is thin, not overrated. Nobody ever said that Serbia has great frontcourt, it has been our weakside since Krstic started to get injured, and Savanovic lost his quality due to age. It's more of an issue of circumstance, since the coach is making some strange decisions. On paper we have a lot of frontcourt options:

    C Boban, Jokic, Raduljica, Stimac, Musli etc.
    PF Bjelica, Macvan, Jelovac, Bircevic, Lucic etc.

    So there are a lot of options, plus Kalinic and Simonovic can upgrade to PF in small ball. The main issue is that this frontcourt NEVER gets together Sometimes the coach fucks up the callups (like with Boban, Musli, Macvan in the past), sometimes injuries like Bjelica now, Lucic and Boban last year. So there are always issues to get these whole group together and actually put the best frontcourt on paper on the roster. So I wouldn't say overrated, since we are never that good in it. We always play tournaments with 1/2 of the talent there and mostly it depends on PG play to activate these bigs. The only exception are Jokic and Bjelica who are something else.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #689
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Country: Serbia

    Default




    today live basketball Streaming on www.BalkanSport.info

  10. #690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,894
    Country: United States

    Default

    Just a FYI for those in the US or access to ESPN3. July 8th is the date that they will start to cover the OQT.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16

  11. #691
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,219
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I think on paper Serbia is clearly better than Lithuania. Backcourt play is even more important in Fiba play and I think that's the key advantage. But these aren't series they are one game scenarios and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Lithuania beat Serbia. So it becomes less and important who is better rather than who is capable on any given day...
    I do like your last sentence . Because I think mentally Lithuania is as tough as you can get for this team after last 3 tournaments .
    Plus,Serbia still has another game to win to qualify for Olympics . And they will.
    And after that , they will have to peak once more .So no advantage here .

  12. #692
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    16
    Country: India

    Default

    Hello everyone,,
    A group of six teams after 2, 3 days becomes meaningless for the teams, which have lost their first couple of games. And it becomes boring for the viewers. This would be a very unattractive competition system. You cold create two groups of 3 youporn.wiki/ xhamster.vip/ redtube.onl/ and then in a final between the two group winners decide, who goes to Rio. And that in three different tournaments (located in three different contintents, which would be fair)? At the end of June / beginning July (right after NBA playoffs)?

    For me this is a little too high-flown for determining only the last three teams for Rio. I don't like this.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •