Tall Blacks vs Boomers : Olympic qualifier 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
    What is the reason for China not to participate?
    As hosts of the competition, China qualified automatically for the WC.

Comment

Boomers 40 and The Tallblacks 33 at halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
        As hosts of the competition, China qualified automatically for the WC.
        For sure! I didn't think of that reason.. thanks

Comment

Good come back by NZL but failed short. Congrats to boomers for qualifying to Rio games.

Fotu reminds me of noah. The activity level is non stop. Webster is good.

Boomers is a different team when bogut is around. The interior defense is solid.
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Final score, Boomers 89 to Tallblacks 79, congrats Boomers, just too strong for The Tallblacks this time around, no repeat of the 2009 series upset, it was not pretty to watch.

Comment

Congratulations to the Boomers. Bogut would love to have a medal finish before he sails away from his Boomers career. For the Tall Blacks, I'd love to watch them compete in the wildcards set for next year. In this game, Lindsey Tait's defense was good but the Boomers had the momentum.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Here is a pic of 3 Tall Blacks ( PG's Kenny and Tait and young center Tai) prior to game
                DSCN4395.jpg
                Last edited by analyzed; 08-18-2015, 11:08 PM.
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

While the Tall Blacks lost by 12 and 10 pts respectively in Melbourne and Wellington. I still can say they were playing beyond their weight and talent. This is one of those games where you come away saying: That's why they're in the NBA in reference to Bogut , Mills and Delly. Bogut was just to much of a mismatch, would have had a better chance if Adams was around. a few consolations that come out:
                  Fotu looks like he has a legitimate shot of making an NBA roster
                  Webster is indeed an elite scorer internationally, not sure with his volume of shots though if an NBA team will take a chance on him ( he's best suited playing in Europe)
                  Bartlet , Ti- Rangi and Jarrod Kenny have to be considered Australian NBL rotation players. ( somethings wrong it there not signed to a team)
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information