Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA Americas 2015 (Mexico)

Wow, Ruben Garces in the Panama NT. I think he started his career before Andrew Wiggins was born.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Edgar Sosa is on fire but his teammates are not. Three of Mexico's starters are now in double figure scoring.
    Sacramento Kings

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Wow, Ruben Garces in the Panama NT. I think he started his career before Andrew Wiggins was born.
    He participated in the 1993 edition of the FIBA Americas while playing for Navarro CC in the US...crazy.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Not sure if Mexico is that good, or this edition of Dominican Republic is that bad. Either way Mexico has a legit homecourt advantage, trips to the free throw line reminded me of Azteca in soccer.
    Pistons: 2019-2020 Blow it up, just blow it all up.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Not sure if Mexico is that good, or this edition of Dominican Republic is that bad. Either way Mexico has a legit homecourt advantage, trips to the free throw line reminded me of Azteca in soccer.
    No Horford, and is Francisco Garcia around?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    No Horford, and is Francisco Garcia around?
    Garcia is in, but besides Horford there're no Karl Towns, Jack Michael Martinez, Montero too

Scola really never gets the credit he deserves for being so good for so long for ARG

Good win for Argentina, Luis Scola so fundamentally sound that it's very difficult to stop him on what he wants to do. Also, brilliant play by Laprovittola off the bench. I do feel that Canada settled for too many threes where they could just have attacked the 1-3-1 defensive unit employed by Argentina. Canada can get better still with their execution.
    Sacramento Kings

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Good win for Argentina, Luis Scola so fundamentally sound that it's very difficult to stop him on what he wants to do. Also, brilliant play by Laprovittola off the bench. I do feel that Canada settled for too many threes where they could just have attacked the 1-3-1 defensive unit employed by Argentina. Canada can get better still with their execution.
    I think in part Canada figured those Exhibition games were barometers for the real thing forgetting that none of those games really mattered.

Canada reminds me somewhat of US teams prior to 06. They have talent, but they definitely lack experience and there's no worse team to be inexperienced against than Argentina. Hopefully it will wake them up.

Arrrrgggghhhh!!! Just like 2003(?). Canada looked great in exhibition games and simply fell short when the real tournament started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Arrrrgggghhhh!!! Just like 2003(?). Canada looked great in exhibition games and simply fell short when the real tournament started.

Bit early for that, especially given the loss was against Argentina, but given wins/loses carry over Canada desperately needs to win out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Canada reminds me somewhat of US teams prior to 06. They have talent, but they definitely lack experience and there's no worse team to be inexperienced against than Argentina. Hopefully it will wake them up.
    A bit worse really. The US was great outside of that game with Greece. Canada spent too much time making a big deal out of exhibition games.

Quote Originally Posted by Steadysoul View Post
    I think in part Canada figured those Exhibition games were barometers for the real thing forgetting that none of those games really mattered.
    Yeah that could also be a possibility. Now Canada has a grasp of what veteran teams do in the Americas tournament. Hopefully this makes them better and not shake their composure. They are too talented for that but there are room to grow for this young Canadian team.

It will be interesting on how Canada adjust after this where they can manage better composure on close games against much more experienced teams. Argentina provided a good lesson as a learning curve.
    Sacramento Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Steadysoul View Post
    A bit worse really. The US was great outside of that game with Greece. Canada spent too much time making a big deal out of exhibition games.
    Oh that's why I said 'prior' meaning the '02 and '04 teams. Nothing wrong with the '06 team except that they got beat by a good Greece team.

Luis Scola 35pts 13rebs vs Canada.

Damn, Scola, BEAST MODE ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Yeah. No doubt that Scola came to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Yeah. No doubt that Scola came to play!
    Probably a good loss for Canada if there is such a thing. Better against ARG with Scola in BEAST MODE than getting surprised by someone like Venezuela. The media in Canada got quite cocky from going undefeated at the Tuto Marchand Cup. I am sure that bled over to the team too as they believed their own hype. They were very flat and did not play well at all. There is lots of room for improvement and luckily they roll into a game against Cuba which should help them compose themselves. Our guard play is awful for the past few games and hopefully that gets cleaned up quickly.

I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Probably a good loss for Canada if there is such a thing. Better against ARG with Scola in BEAST MODE than getting surprised by someone like Venezuela. The media in Canada got quite cocky from going undefeated at the Tuto Marchand Cup. I am sure that bled over to the team too as they believed their own hype. They were very flat and did not play well at all. There is lots of room for improvement and luckily they roll into a game against Cuba which should help them compose themselves. Our guard play is awful for the past few games and hopefully that gets cleaned up quickly.

I believe.
    They forgot that none of those games mattered. Argentina always shows up when it counts.

In two games, the alternating PG for Canada in Joseph and Scrubb have been efficient. Lots of assists and very low turnovers. Good win tonight over Cuba.
    Sacramento Kings

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast