FIBA Americas 2015 (Mexico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Americas 2015 (Mexico)

Can we get a subforum started?!? About time we start talking about it!

It will be interesting to see if a Canadian roster loaded with young nba talent can translate into a great team.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Talent wise, I would say Canada and Brazil are the favorites assuming both have their full squads. If Brazil officially gets that automatic host country berth, we may not see their full squad in this tournament.

Comment

Any news about preliminar rosters/missings? So far saw only Uruguaian one with 15 players there, tho Batista bein' doubtfull due to insurance problems. Also some month ago there were Panamas and DR lists with around 30+ players each, but after that nothing

Comment

Canada is highly interesting, they have the talent to win but the international experience is a question. If Brazil gets an auto-spot I can see them qualifying for the Olympics, if not...well it will be something to watch.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

FIBA playing games with the Brazil auto-spot like they did with GB is a total joke.

Hard to say anything before we know the rosters but never count out Argentina.
            Originally posted by Fedfan
            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
            Originally posted by GuTO
            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
              FIBA playing games with the Brazil auto-spot like they did with GB is a total joke.

Let me be the first to count out Argentina. I think they are finished and will not qualify no matter who their roster consists of.
              It was a wonderful run for them but they are still relying on players from a decade ago.
              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

I guess everything will be solved when (if) Brazil will pay the debt to FIBA

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  I guess everything will be solved when (if) Brazil will pay the debt to FIBA
                  The brazilian basketball confederation is a shame. But Nike and Bradesco (2nd biggest brazilian private bank), the sponsors of the team, will pay the debt.

If we get the automatic berth, I hope we send the squad that played the pan games to Mexico with just 2 or 3 changes.

Raulzinho, Alex Garcia and Marquinhos would be fine.

Comment

I can understand FIBA's position in both situations. GB doesn't really have a basketball team and after the Olympics they seemingly cut funding for the National Team.

Brazil needs to pay what it owes. plain and simple.

Comment

Dominican training camp invites. Some players have not yet confirmed their participation. Horford is out.

Francisco García y Eulis Báez lideran el grupo de los que hasta ahora han dado el sí al llamado de la Selección, donde también se incluyen Eloy Vargas, Víctor Liz, Edgar Sosa, James Feldeine, Orlando Sánchez, Gerardo Suero, Manuel Fortuna y Edward Santana.

También Luis Flores, Rigoberto Mendoza, Ronald Ramón, Juan Miguel Suero, Dagoberto Peña, Juan José García y Kelvin Peña. Algunos de ellos ya se encuentran en Atlanta participando en entrenamientos voluntarios.

El resto de los convocados pendientes a confirmar su participación son: Karl-Anthony Towns, Al Horford, Juan Coronado, Luis David Montero, Ronald Roberts, Charlie Villanueva y Manny Quezada.
                      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Puerto Rico squad for training camp in Louisville:

El grupo quedó compuesto por los bases José Juan Barea, Carlos Rivera, Guillermo Díaz; los escoltas: Larry Ayuso, John Holland, Isaac Sosa, Mike Rosario, los aleros: Maurice Harkless, Ángel Vassallo y Richard Chaney; los delanteros: Ramón Clemente, Devon Collier, Renaldo Balkman y Kevin Young; los centros: Luis Villafañe y Jorge Bryan Díaz.

Comment

Puerto Rico squad for training camp in Louisville:

http://fibaamericas.com/noticiasread...A4374F128458AF
                          No Arroyo? Or he will join later?

Comment

No Arroyo. I think I read somewhere that the coach, Rick Pitino, did not see Arroyo on the team since Arroyo is already 36 years old.

Comment

Mo Harkless is a nice add. I never knew he was from PR.
                              When did that happen? Is he naturalized? Wouldn't he need to live there for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information