No announcement yet.

Abl 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope saigon replaces their frontline import.seems ineffective down low. they should get PJ Ramos.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

love the saigon home crowd. hope they go all the way to semi finals if not finals.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Anyone know why isnt the heat and aguilas game played?

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
          Anyone know why isnt the heat and aguilas game played?
          unknown circumstances..

probably the issue about planting bullets on every passengers luggage.
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Well, its not like Aguilas doesnt have imports. You have AZ and Mammie, ASEAN imports are Alli Austria and Jeremy King. It's all fair game, there's no height limit rule to stop Aguilas from getting a taller import.
            That's my point. As I've said, Reid cannot do it alone and Mammie cannot do it against taller imports. Jeremy King and Austria did not even earn a contract in the PBA so they are one of the guys who did not even crack the PBA. All I'm saying is Aguilas will struggle to win the championship if they will not change their import (at least change Mammie) and get a taller one.

Comment

I take back my word about slingers being bad without Russell Low and Larry Liew. It looks like with the 2 imports playing well + Kris Rosales and some local players like Wei Long, Desmond and Leon the slingers look like a sleeper team to head in the finals this year..

Comment

I take back my word about slingers being bad without Russell Low and Larry Liew. It looks like with the 2 imports playing well + Kris Rosales and some local players like Wei Long, Desmond and Leon the slingers look like a sleeper team to head in the finals this year..
                I didn't expect them to be bad, but didn't expect them to be this good this fast either. And this is WITHOUT Ng Han Bin and Wu Qing De. And Kris Rosales is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. And Wong Wei Long has been extremely quiet.
                I still think they are one Solid Big guy away from the Finals, but I don't think either of the top two seeds will want to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajjatam.k View Post
                  I didn't expect them to be bad, but didn't expect them to be this good this fast either. And this is WITHOUT Ng Han Bin and Wu Qing De. And Kris Rosales is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. And Wong Wei Long has been extremely quiet.
                  I still think they are one Solid Big guy away from the Finals, but I don't think either of the top two seeds will want to play them.
                  Ng Han Bin is overrated though, only reason he is on the team because his 6'6. I've watched him play often and he is purely a catch and shoot player and at times he misses alot, he can go for 0-8 from the field etc..And if he shots are not falling he can't drive or do anything much. Qing de is an utility player, can do a little bit of everything but is undersized. Leon Kwek is really good for someone whos only 19, very nice midrange shot and energy, he is already confident playing at such a young age. Imagine if they had Russel Low and Larry Liew back, I believe they can vie for the championship.

Comment

Right now based on eye test, I think the rankings of the teams in my opinion are:

1) Hitech Bangkok - Reigning MVP Chris Charles one half of the Twin towers and 2 strong asean imports make it a hard team to beat. The local Kannawat is also a pesky defender and good playmaker.

2) Westport Malaysia - Again the import game is strong, locals might not be that skilled but they have height which can create some mismatches. This is a run and gun team, fun team to watch.

3) Pilipinas Aguilas - Have experience and AZ Reid, but lack of height will be an obstacle. The ex-pba players might be good before but right now they are pretty washed up.

4) Singapore Slingers - Imports are strong and locals are playing quite good. Leon Kwek is impressive. Wei Long local MVP will probably start raining 3's later in the season.

5) Saigon Heat - Haven't see Nguyen play yet, as an import Moses Morgan hasn't step up yet. I think the starters have potential and can be really good given some time, but bench is probably weakest in the ABL.

6) Mono Vampires - I think this team with only 2 imports will make it the weakest team. Don't get me wrong, they are competitive but the rest of the teams are just better. I think they have a lack of scoring options. Mcclain is the go to guy, Kruatiwa is a great shooter but other then that not much options unlike for e.g the Dragons where any 4 of the imports can just go on a scoring spree. Okolie isn't a good fit, they should get another scoring big.

Comment

Quite surprising. during SEABA and SEAG the OCBC gym is always jam packed. now? only few.
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

watch out for an improved Pilipinas MX3 kings, they have a new, taller import and new local players

Comment

Whats your best 12 for locals and ASEAN imports for the ABL?

My choice.

G) Freddie Goldstein 5'9
                          G) Wong Wei Long 5'9
                          G) Jason Brickman 6'0
                          G) David Arnold 6'1
                          F) Kris Rosales 6'2
                          F) Wu Qingde 6'2
                          F) Radtech Kruatiwa 6'3
                          F) Matthew Wright 6'4
                          G/F) Moses Morgan 6'6
                          F/C) Tyler Lamb 6'7
                          C) Kuek Tian Yuen 6'7
                          C) Delvin Goh 6'8

Comment

WMD beat SGH in their first game of their semifinals match. Wright probably injured himself.

Comment

HiTec defeated SGS. hope the slingers bounce back. its the best time to play their best against HiTec.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                                HiTec defeated SGS. hope the slingers bounce back. its the best time to play their best against HiTec.
                                IMO, the imports were the cause of the loss. Alexander and Howard a combined 8-31 Field goals made/attempted. That is about 26% FG%. Howard also wasn't able to properly boxout Charles who was so dominant in the paint.

I predict Hitech to win at home probably, they are on a mission and they have the championship experience, though my heart supports the slingers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information