Abl 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats WMD!
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      Congrats WMD!
      It showed how much better the imports were compared to the locals. On singapore side locals faltered under pressure and was shooting bricks. Alexander not having his usual game. Only Howard and Rosales were playing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
        It showed how much better the imports were compared to the locals. On singapore side locals faltered under pressure and was shooting bricks. Alexander not having his usual game. Only Howard and Rosales were playing well.
        yeah. locals didn't show up this time or probably just well defended. Qingde would've made a lot of difference. delvin was just overpowered everytime.

hope the slingers steps up next season. its a long wait.

are they bringing back Russel next season? any new promising player their bringing?
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          yeah. locals didn't show up this time or probably just well defended. Qingde would've made a lot of difference. delvin was just overpowered everytime.

hope the slingers steps up next season. its a long wait.

are they bringing back Russel next season? any new promising player their bringing?
          I have no idea. If they can have Russel, Larry and Shengyu back it would be a powerhouse team. Leon Kwek's improvement is also something to look forward to.

Next season would be much harder to win and more exciting. I heard teams from Hong Kong and Taiwan are interested to join and maybe the Indonesia Warriors will also be back.

Comment

• I hope a legit Philippine club joins next season, preferably a team from the PCBL.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
              I have no idea. If they can have Russel, Larry and Shengyu back it would be a powerhouse team. Leon Kwek's improvement is also something to look forward to.

Next season would be much harder to win and more exciting. I heard teams from Hong Kong and Taiwan are interested to join and maybe the Indonesia Warriors will also be back.
              slingers would be fine as long as russel and larry will be back. any idea if Ng will be back as coach? i think a philippine team from PCBL might join. i hope also that ABL teams would join an invitation tournament by PCBL. that would be nice.

Comment

• This confirms that there are feelers from Taiwan and Hong Kong. If something concrete does appear, we could see the ABL evolve into a Pacific Basketball League. If the ABL continues to lure high profile talent with Filipino lineage or even popular players from the PBA, the league can potentially be a direct threat to the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                  This confirms that there are feelers from Taiwan and Hong Kong. If something concrete does appear, we could see the ABL evolve into a Pacific Basketball League. If the ABL continues to lure high profile talent with Filipino lineage or even popular players from the PBA, the league can potentially be a direct threat to the PBA.

http://cnnphilippines.com/videos/201...ll-League.html
                  I think the ABL is expanding and here to stay. Hong Kong is somewhere with a market, there aren't any pro teams yet so ABL will generate alot of interest for them. Taiwan is also a basketball mad country (Probably the 2nd most popular sport besides baseball). Taiwan is a good addition, I would absolutely pay to watch a guy like Lin Chih Chieh (If he gets to play haha)

As for direct threat to PBA, not yet I guess. ABL is more of a stepping stone for scouts from PBA to notice these players. I think most filipino players would rather play in the PBA unless the ABL can pay much more.

Comment

• Hey bbcrazy, can you confirm if sg is sending a team for the seaba u18 tournament?

Comment

• The crossover begins . . .

THE PBA D-League will have an international flavor once the 2016 Foundation Cup opens shop this May. Newly-crowned ASEAN Basketball League (ABL) champions Westports Malaysia Dragons has been admitted as a guest entry and will carry the colors of Blustar Detergent. READ MORE
                      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                      Servinio's Blog of Sports
                      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Originally posted by Servinio View Post
                        The crossover begins . . .

THE PBA D-League will have an international flavor once the 2016 Foundation Cup opens shop this May. Newly-crowned ASEAN Basketball League (ABL) champions Westports Malaysia Dragons has been admitted as a guest entry and will carry the colors of Blustar Detergent. READ MORE
                        We will be able to see how an ABL team stack up against PBA D League teams, albeit it would be without the 2 world imports (Reggie Johnson and Calvin Godfrey)

Comment

• much as I like the PBA D-League, I think it is in the best interest of ASEAN countries like Malaysia, to join the PCBL invitational as there are a lot more ex-PBA players and former PBA D-Leaguers in it. they also allow to play resident college imports so the competition, for me, is far better than the D-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                            much as I like the PBA D-League, I think it is in the best interest of ASEAN countries like Malaysia, to join the PCBL invitational as there are a lot more ex-PBA players and former PBA D-Leaguers in it. they also allow to play resident college imports so the competition, for me, is far better than the D-League.
                            agree. Playing in the PBA D-League is just like a requirement for collegiate and fil-for players to be eligible for the PBA Draft.

Comment

• Well even I dont like narvasa, i dont wish for the d league to fail.. Because lets face it, D league gives us a stable 2nd division league..
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information