No announcement yet.

Player naturalisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes but born in Macedonia he holds both Macedonina and Turkish passport. At least keep you hands of Kristijan Nikolov. No ofence.
    Last edited by MZT Skopje; 08-30-2015, 03:44 PM.
    FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
      Yes but born in Macedonia. At least keep you hands of Kristijan Nikolov. No ofence.
      I can agree on Nikolov. The guy just quitted his Macedonian citizenship to play in Turkish U18 NT however the federation didn't let him to play there. Now he is trying to get his Macedonian citizenship back. I hope he will get it.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Look man is not like we mass produce talents, so not so funny that someone try to steal the onece we have.

As I told, our federation should work as Greek and Turkey basketball federation. Try to bring home our diaspora specialy from Serbia they have many. 1 at senior NT, 1 at U18 and 4 at U16. + a few with mixed parents SRB MKD mix who we can try to get such as Marko Lukovic and Uros Lukovic, etc.
        FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Look man is not like we mass produce talents, so not so funny that someone try to steal the onece we have.

As I told, our federation should work as Greek and Turkey basketball federation. Try to bring home our diaspora specialy from Serbia they have many. 1 at senior NT, 1 at U18 and 4 at U16. + a few with mixed parents SRB MKD mix who we can try to get such as Marko Lukovic and Uros Lukovic, etc.
          By all means. Your federation should do the same thing. But I am sure the kids of mixed decent would want to play for Serbia as they have a better basketball tradition. I personally don't like talented players being snatched from small Balkan countries.
          PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Look man is not like we mass produce talents, so not so funny that someone try to steal the onece we have.

Don't act all crazy. It's a two-way street. Cream of the crop wants to play for a stronger team which gives them a chance to achieve something more and also easier to launch a strong club career. It also works the other way. Players who might not have the quality to break into Serbia/Yugoslavia squads have moved on to play for weaker national teams. Even our past coach Pesic's son played for Germany. It works both ways.

Also your comments about Lukovski hold little value. He was born in Skoplje during Ex-Yugoslavia but lived and grew up in Novi Sad. His father and family are embedded in Serbian basketball community even before Lukovski was a talent as a player. It only makes sense he played for Serbia/Yugo after the country breakup. Vladimir Micov example is even worse, he wasn't even born in MKD and has spent the whole life growing as a player is Serbia (btw You might have a chance at him now, he won't play for NT as long as Djordjevic is coach).

With that logic I can start going through MKD roster and picking out players who are born of different ethnicity or location and start shipping them back to their countries. Pero Antic by that logic is a stolen talent. All I am saying, don't judge people from picking who they want to play for when they have an option. Some would go with the big team for team success, others will go with smaller teams to be the boss and go to guy, third might just want a different passport for life-family reasons. Saying that someone has a plan in place to steal talent is just a conspiracy theory.

Comment

Maybe our basketball federation should do the same thing, but that said, do not mean that I change my opinion about the similarity Maccaleb and Calathes from a sport point of view.

Lukovski playd for Serbia golden generation even born in Skopje. Borisov for Montenegro. Today you gott Vladimir Micov, etc. Looking and youthe basketball 1 from the u18 SRB Macedonian and 4 players from U16 SRB Macedonians. Petrusev allready part of Laboral. Not only we do not bring them home, nations also steal our players born in Macedonia such as Kristijan Nikolov who playd EL for Galatasaray at age 18, Petrusev, Cadi Osman who Turkey stole, they steal Nikolov too.

Insteed of bring home diaspora. Serbia, Turkey steal players born in Macedonia.
              What do u mean they steal?? Many of these players had the option to play for ur national team if they truly wanted..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                BTW, what you think if some player lives 10 years in Lithuania and gets citizenship. Is it ok that he plays for NT?
                Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                I wouldn't approve that. For me there're two ways to be involved with NT not bein' Lithuanian born in LT by LT parents:

1) born and raised here;
                2) born outside country, but having LT parent(-s) (grandparents doesn't count);
                I agree with Mindozas.

Comment

• Our basketball federation is a joke. For them is more importent that Mom and Dad boy play than real talents. Just crazy. Rabotnicki is youth champ U16 and U18 still not one singel player from Rabotnicki in the NT cuz they are sponsored by the opposition party SDSM. We are a joke as a nation.

The federetion never liftet the phone hance to call and ask if they (diaspora) want to play. Vladimir Micov not long ago told no one ever asked me playing for Macedonia.

Stefan Popovski Turanjanin 22 years old former Oostende player, born in Skopje. Won golden medal with SRB-20.

You have many more.
                  FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Yes but born in Macedonia he holds both Macedonina and Turkish passport. At least keep you hands of Kristijan Nikolov. No ofence.

In my mind and from what I have read, he could have played for Turkey, BiH or FYROM and he chose the first, which was his own right.

Comment

• Dzaner Osman who is his older brother has playd for Macedonia and today play for Kumanovo in MKD (will play eurocup) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzaner_Osman

Good states too when he playd for MKD http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_62365.html
                      FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• People who think naturalisation is ok have no idea what it is honourable behavior and fair play. There are only few exceptions. If someone came to your country when he was 5-6, lived here for decade or more, got citizenship, you can't even call it naturalisation - he is citizen of your country, he learned to play in your country and so on. I don't think that having "roots" means anything. In that case european countries could naturalise all white players in both Americas and african all black. Or dig deeper - Africa could naturalise us all . Second thing is minorities - if some player from some minority (like Poles in Lithuania, Lithuanians in Poland, Hungarians in Slovakia and so on.) want to play for country of his national origin and he surrender citizenship of country where he was born i have no problem with that too. All other cases are just fools gold. For example Rusian victory in year 2007 is cheap to me because of Holden (and I was against Spain in that final because of their "games") and so on.

Comment

Dzaner Osman who is his older brother has playd for Macedonia and today play for Kumanovo in MKD (will play eurocup) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzaner_Osman

Good states too when he playd for MKD http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...rID_62365.html

Just to quote myself.

BIH I have no ideo about ?.

Cedi Osman just holds MKD and TUR passport. As you can read nationality Macedonian-Turkish http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...stanbul/217513

Kristijan Nikolov still just 18 years old playd 8 games in euroliga http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2014

Nationality Turkish.

But born in Macedonia has polayd for MKD U16 and U18. Also for our reserve senior national team who made the semifinals at the meditarien games 2013.
                          FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• If I was born in New York, can I be American?

Cedi Osman's father is Turkish. How can you call him naturalized?
                            Last edited by INTEGRAL; 08-31-2015, 10:56 AM.
                            IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
                            Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
                            Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
                            Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
                            Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                              I wouldn't approve that. For me there're two ways to be involved with NT not bein' Lithuanian born in LT by LT parents:

1) born and raised here;
                              2) born outside country, but having LT parent(-s) (grandparents doesn't count);

But that's just mine point of view, this issue is so wide and can have so many different views on it, that we could discuss it for a long time and wouldn't come to agreement
                              Damn, I have solve this personal problem somehow. I guess Finland, or atleast Finnish bball supporters are overall more tolerant than for example Lithuanians. Maybe it's ok that I just don't cheer for Wilson when he is introduced before games. Well, jokes aside but most Finns, team included, seems to think he is welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                                Damn, I have solve this personal problem somehow. I guess Finland, or atleast Finnish bball supporters are overall more tolerant than for example Lithuanians. Maybe it's ok that I just don't cheer for Wilson when he is introduced before games. Well, jokes aside but most Finns, team included, seems to think he is welcomed.
                                What does it have to do with tolerance? What's a point to have national teams if you can buy players from other countries? In that case it's no longer national team, but simply a club and wins the ones who have more money, but not more talented players, better basketball system/school and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information