Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player naturalisations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Player naturalisations

Naturalizations over all are pretty much ok for me but this current situation in basketball is simply very stupid.

Banned

I am not against neutralizing but there must be a logic to select players who are neutralized. There must be some rules for that

1. Players who already have European passport cannot be neutralized such as Preldzic, Begic, Mirkovic etc

2. Other continent players must play at least 3 years in the country where they will play for if they play in another league current season. And they can be neutralized after 1st year.

Quote Originally Posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    I am not against neutralizing but there must be a logic to select players who are neutralized. There must be some rules for that

1. Players who already have European passport cannot be neutralized such as Preldzic, Begic, Mirkovic etc

2. Other continent players must play at least 3 years in the country where they will play for if they play in another league current season. And they can be neutralized after 1st year.
    No one needs neutralized players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    No one needs neutralized players
    Haha why not?

Enemy down

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    The list of absences is getting longer by the day

Goran Dragič 99% won't play
    Edo Murič, injured his shoulder
    Domen and Erazem Lorbek, first one chronical injuries, second one reportedly hasn't yet started practicing
    Mirza Begič - needs a summer off with his knees

Players invited to the NT, 4 will join from the B NT
    Jaka Blažič
    Jure Balažič
    Žiga Dimec
    Zoran Dragič
    Bryant Dunston *
    Nebojša Joksimovič
    Jaka Klobučar
    Alen Omič *
    Klemen Prepelič
    Uroš Slokar
    Gašper Vidmar

with the 4-5 players mentioned above missing that's a severely limited roster.
    Slovenia are going easy way too with american ? Lithuania and Serbs basically only 2 left countries which still goes playing their own boys...Most likely these 2 countries has biggest pride and tradicion of their basketball history...I read what teodocis said about naturalised players,its like 80% lithuanians think too.

Heck one day we should do same pay money to nba PG and with our depth and big frontcouart definetely would be in favorite list before champ.But the problem is that the "taste of wins" woudnt be the same...
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    But the problem is that the "taste of wins" woudnt be the same...
    Amen. In Finland if you marry a Finn, speak proper finnish (test is very hard and our language is extremely hard) and live at least 3 years in Finland it is possible to be Finn. If you don't marry a Finn it's even two times harder. It is possible that you come from somewhere like 1 year old and you get passport when you are 18. And if you get passport you have to go to army. You have to.

If every countries would have such a rules there would not be problem at all.

Most likely these 2 countries has biggest pride and tradicion of their basketball history...I read what teodocis said about naturalised players,its like 80% lithuanians think too.
    serbian women basketball team currently playing at EC includes a player called Danielle Page from Colorado, USA. At the last EC serbian women team was fourth, then playing without a foreign player.
    who knows what the future will bring...
    But I agree, majority of the fans are against that, the only thing is we are not the ones who decide on that. Unfortunately.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

unforced turnovers...the never cured cancer of the lithuanian basketball
    Why don't we just swallow our pride and adopt our own JR Holden or Bo Mccaleeb to contend for Gold as opposed to be fighting for the bronze medal? Times are changing and even greeks have their own athletic basketball god in Antetokoumpo, not to mention Baby Shaq Sofoklis as well. Let's stop playing the patriotic card and get on with times like the rest of the former white Europe has done...

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Why don't we just swallow our pride and adopt our own JR Holden or Bo Mccaleeb to contend for Gold as opposed to be fighting for the bronze medal? Times are changing and even greeks have their own athletic basketball god in Antetokoumpo, not to mention Baby Shaq Sofoklis as well. Let's stop playing the patriotic card and get on with times like the rest of the former white Europe has done...
    Finally a sensibly post from you,Naturalising a good amarican pg is no less shameful than playing with the various Gustas,Juskevicius,Lekavicious and other god damn awful eurochallenge level pgs.

I don't see it. Especially after the sad affair that took place with Zydrunas Ilgauskas and his citizenship.

First of all biggest part of lithuanians fans are against it,our federations are against this idea...Secondly even if our basketball federation would have decide to do that,our laws are so strict that our countrys president wouldnt give that citizenship anyway .In the near future it wont happen.We gonna play our own boys not nigerians,americans...And when we are winning medal once in every Olympic circle it is won by lithuanian boys and its couple times more sweeter one!
    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-30-2015 at 06:14 AM.

First of all biggest part of lithuanians fans are against it,our federations are against this idea...Secondly even if our basketball federation would have decide to do that,our laws are so strict that our countrys president wouldnt give that citizenship anyway .In the near future it wont happen.We gonna play our own boys not nigerians,americans...And when we are winning medal once in every Olympic circle it is won by lithuanian boys and its couple times more sweeter one!
    No worries. The EU is about to change immigration laws. Some countries can not handle the flow of immigration so new arrivals will be split among EU nation states equally. So, in a generation or so, you will have black born Lithuanians. And no, I doubt your President would stop them from participating in the NT. How hilarious would that be? A president not allowing a Lithuanian born to play for the NT because he is born black. I can see the headlines.
    Last edited by Victorious; 08-30-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    No worries. The EU is about to change immigration laws. Some countries can not handle the flow of immigration so new arrivals will be split among EU nation states equally. So, in a generation or so, you will have black born Lithuanians. And no, I doubt your President would stop them from participating in the NT. How hilarious would that be? A president not allowing a Lithuanian born to play for the NT because he is born black. I can see the headlines.
    Racism is a real problem here in Lithuania .

What it has to do with skin colour? Majority of Liths doesn't want naturalized player in our NT, not cause of one is black, asian or etc. F.e. NT for me is nr1 team, way infront of any club, but I would stop cheering for it if we would naturalize some player, as overall I take this naturalisation stuff as the one who destroys national teams competitions. We have clubs competitions for foreigners.

what black or white have something do with this? If any person is born in Lithuania and stays there,grows up he is lithuanian by born.He will not need to get anything from president.Im not talking about sofoklis case,im talking about holdens,mclabebs, rice,draper cases..Let say we had brothers lavrinovich,they parents are polish,but their born in vilnius and grow up here and got citizenship from birth when they didnt even know how to play basketball..Basically such naturalization like Gianis or Ibaka maybe should be allowed to some degree ,but those bullshit cases when just very good player is getting money for playing for national and he has nothing to do with that country.SUCH CASES SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED AT ALL.Thats my look.Any federation that is paying for player to play for their national team,should be banned.National teams tournaments is for represending your country,not for earning money ! Today we allow one naturalisated player, in 2040 it will be 3-4 players? than it will comes to that you can buy entire team to represent your country.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-30-2015 at 09:19 AM.

I do not care much about bloodlines, etc. Personaly I see no deference between Maccaleb and Calathes, the only thing that matters is if your an Product of the domestic basketball and Calathes hardly spoke any Greek few years ago hance beeing a Product of Greek basketball.
    FAMILY AERODROM

BTW, what you think if some player lives 10 years in Lithuania and gets citizenship. Is it ok that he plays for NT? I'm just curious because I don't know what think about ourr Wilson's case. I have absolutely nothing against him as person and he had to achieve his place in our NT, he don't get payed for it but still..

Exclamation

unforced turnovers...the never cured cancer of the lithuanian basketballWhy don't we just swallow our pride and adopt our own JR Holden or Bo Mccaleeb to contend for Gold as opposed to be fighting for the bronze medal? Times are changing and even greeks have their own athletic basketball god in Antetokoumpo, not to mention Baby Shaq Sofoklis as well. Let's stop playing the patriotic card and get on with times like the rest of the former white Europe has done....
    Excuse me but international basketball is all about patriotism! I wouldn't be interested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Finally a sensibly post from you,Naturalising a good amarican pg is no less shameful than playing with the various Gustas,Juskevicius,Lekavicious and other god damn awful eurochallenge level pgs.
    Huh? What's shameful about giving your best and losing, or in Lithuania's case failing to medal?

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2015 at 03:07 PM.

I'd rather just play with our own talent. Naturalising guys like McCalebb, Draper, Lafayette etc. is just a cheap shortcut and it wouldn't even interest me following such a team. I'd rather us lose than win with an American/whatever player, who is playing for us just to earn some extra $$$. I guess the young fans like the idea of naturalising a foreigner because this is what they are used to already, but not me.

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against guys like Luol Deng, Mirotic or Ibaka, who actually lived in those countries and matured there as players, but Bo McCalebb? Come on, now.
    Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; 08-29-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omgsomuchpotential View Post
    I'd rather just play with our own talent. Naturalising guys like McCalebb, Draper, Lafayette etc. is just a cheap shortcut and it wouldn't even interest me following such a team. I'd rather us lose than win with an American/whatever player, who is playing for us just to earn some extra $$$. I guess the young fans like the idea of naturalising a foreigner because this is what they are used to already, but not me.
    Precisely. The word "cheap" says it all.

I don't think it would be sweet at all winning a medal if an outright foreigner was recruited onto the team.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast