No announcement yet.

German NT 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anton Gavel is also in the mix! He has the german passport since 2012, but have already played for the slovakian national team. The DBB and Gavel ask the FIBA for permission to change the national team. The German Basketball Federation is confident to get a positive answer soon. So Gavel should join the german training camp in the next days. He will get the naturalized-player-spot in the roster.
    Last edited by Janus; 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

lool could FIBA fall lower? i wonder lets see
      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

I have no issue with Gavel playing for Germany.He's lived 10 years there,1/3 of his life and Slovakia doesnt even have a team!They've stopped participating in FIBA tournaments like 3 years ago.

Comment

I cant believe that FIBA allowed Gavel to play for Germany. This is really a shame...

In 30 Minutes Nowitzki will play his first game this summer vs Croatia. I am very cuious how good the old man still is...

Comment

Originally posted by rira View Post
            I cant believe that FIBA allowed Gavel to play for Germany. This is really a shame...

In 30 Minutes Nowitzki will play his first game this summer vs Croatia. I am very cuious how good the old man still is...
            Croatia - Germany will be played at 21:00 CET

Comment

Very funny when Serbia wanted Maric they didnt let us now they let Gavel,i would like to our NT leave all their competition so their friends germany finland sweden norway denmark play Eurobasket
              Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                Very funny when Serbia wanted Maric they didnt let us now they let Gavel,i would like to our NT leave all their competition so their friends germany finland sweden norway denmark play Eurobasket
                Bball federations of Slovakia-Germany agreed, Serbia-Australia obviously not and then FIBA can't do nothing about it. I remember some years ago some older French player wanted to represent some African country, his parent were from, even tho French NT didn't need him for a long time, for some reason they didn't let him play and FIBA couldn't do anything

Comment

FIBA allows Gavel to play for Germany without prior agreement from Slovak Basketball Association.

"Šéf SBA Pavel Bagin potvrdil, že Gavelovi potrebný súhlas nedali."
                  Translation : SBA President Pavel Bagin confirmes that the necessary consent won't be given to Gavel.

Ešte koncom júla Slovenská basketbalová asociácia (SBA) odmietala dať Gavelovi súhlas na štart v drese Nemecka.
                  Translation : Even in late July Slovak Basketball Association (SBA) refused to give consent Gavel to start in the jersey of Germany.

FIBA's comment on the approval of Gavel's naturalization
                  gavel.jpg

Comment

That's a real shame then... Especially if Slovak fed.president says truth that Gavel was commited to play for Slovakia this summer and suddenly ran away. If FIBA doesn't give a shit about it anymore, situation reaches all time low I guess

Comment

What's your take on Schroeder the past few games?
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Dt. Basketball Bund ‏@DBB_Basketball 33m33 minutes ago
                        Very, very bad news for our team: Maik # Zirbes falls out with ligament damage to the ankle for the European Championship.
                        New maler for Germans, Zirbes is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                          That is very disappointing for fans of the German NT and for neutral fans as well. I was looking forward to seeing him at the Eurobasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                            What's your take on Schroeder the past few games?
                            probably the quickest PG of the championship, hard to guard and stay in front of him.
                            quick first step.
                            he losses himself when the defense rotation in front of him is good.
                            shooting a bit too much but he probably needs to do it like that as german team is a bit limited there.
                            huge room for improvement on defensive side.
                            don't think he really clicked entirely with this german team, it should take some more time for that to happen.
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                              Really bad news. German froncourt players, who will miss the eurobasket: Zirbes, Kleber, Ohlbrecht, Theis, Harris, Barthel, Kaman... now we have only three frontcourt players in the roster (Pleiß, Dirk, Voigtmann). It will be nearly impossible to contest with the other frontcourts in group B.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information