Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: Lithuanian NT 2015

  1. #81
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Already Huge First medal for Domantas Sabonis at 19. A Good experience for him. Hope if there is a chance Kazlauskas will let him to get couple of minutes in the final to let Jankunas rest . He averages so far 4.0. Had a total of 8 rebounds . Played good against Belgium. Totally didn't disappoint . Unlike Lekavicius.
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  2. #82
    Senior Member remigijus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Šiauliai, Lithuania.
    Posts
    193
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    So it seems that after eurobasket Lithuania will be in 3rd place in Fiba world ratings . Nice! =D
    Last edited by remigijus; 09-19-2015 at 08:13 AM.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    So it seems that after eurobasket Lithuania will be in 3rd place in Fiba world ratings . Nice! =D
    We could have been 3rd in Rankings place before if it wasn't for the 2014 World Championships Bronze game which we lost against France.
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    818
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Was sad in the first hour. I looked at the Spanish players and I thought this could be us. But Spain was way to strong, and not the best performances by us to. We were exhausted. And Pau Gasol showed Valanciunas that he is way behind. Now I feel embarrassed that I made this poster Anyways I am happy now. Looking at this years team. It wasn't the best team in terms of talent and that's what we were short of this year to finish the championship, maybe not as champions but at least giving a good fight to Spain. We had the team spirit, but we were short in better players this year. I am almost sure that Olympics should be good for us. If Maciulis plays like in this tournament, and we fill the gaps that we couldn't with better players this year I am sure we can be a medalist contender in Rio!!! Lets continue the journey. Its been successful recent years. (2010 FIBA World Cup BRONZE !!) (2011 FIBA EuroBasket 5th) (2013 FIBA EuroBasket SILVER!!) (2014 FIBA World Cup 4th place) (2015 FIBA EuroBasket SILVER !!)
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Indeed, such a good run by Lithuania. They are always there or thereabouts. Also the key players are still young so I would definitely be optimistic about the next years. Always playing very good team basketball. For such a small country to do so well it's truly an accomplishment and clearly thanks to their huge passion for the game. They just have such a small pool...

    I'm sure they'll bring it in the Olympics as well. Great job by this team again.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    271
    Country: Finland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    And Pau Gasol showed Valanciunas that he is way behind.
    It can be good thing. Gasol showed lot of things that Jonas can only dream about. Or practice and someday be able to do to those things. Little extra motivation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Modis View Post
    Its been successful recent years. (2010 FIBA World Cup BRONZE !!) (2011 FIBA EuroBasket 5th) (2013 FIBA EuroBasket SILVER!!) (2014 FIBA World Cup 4th place) (2015 FIBA EuroBasket SILVER !!)
    Yes and more is coming. Your youth team are doing pretty well too.

  8. #88
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,406
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyh View Post
    It can be good thing. Gasol showed lot of things that Jonas can only dream about. Or practice and someday be able to do to those things. Little extra motivation.
    JV will be better with years to come, but I can't see JV bein' able to score 6 triples in a game, to have court vision like that, his bball IQ is nowhere close, some of these things you just can't learn


  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    JV will be better with years to come, but I can't see JV bein' able to score 6 triples in a game, to have court vision like that, his bball IQ is nowhere close, some of these things you just can't learn
    Gasol is phenomenal. It's a stupid comparison overall. I wish modis wouldn't bring all this uneccesary things here

    O love JV, but that's where D-Mo is underrated among IBN'ers and even some Lith fans. D-Mo has a court vision, perfect passing, very quick decision maker, never stops the ball, excellent post game, quick feet, can play and shoot out of perimeter and most importantly D-Mo has figured it out defensively, he can defend p&r he can make solid step outs. He had to be absolute beast even compared to JV in my account. I'm still pissed I'll have to wait his brake out tournament in the NT for a longer time JV is steadily improving though and will be absolute beast while peaking, but there's no need to compare him with an NBA super star Gasol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  10. #90

    Default

    Kalnietis beat Eurobasket's record with 70 assists in this tournament. Despite turnovers and the struggles scoring, his assisting rate was very good. Let him have a season run and we'll have one of the best 1 position players next tournament. Healthy and ready Kalnietis is underrated. He basically was second best PG after Teo in Eurobasket. Such players as Rodriguez, Lull or De Colo didn't have such a huge role and responsibility in their teams as those 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  11. #91
    Senior Member Ashtrusis_dantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vilnius-Kaunas
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Gasol is phenomenal. It's a stupid comparison overall. I wish modis wouldn't bring all this uneccesary things here

    O love JV, but that's where D-Mo is underrated among IBN'ers and even some Lith fans. D-Mo has a court vision, perfect passing, very quick decision maker, never stops the ball, excellent post game, quick feet, can play and shoot out of perimeter and most importantly D-Mo has figured it out defensively, he can defend p&r he can make solid step outs. He had to be absolute beast even compared to JV in my account. I'm still pissed I'll have to wait his brake out tournament in the NT for a longer time JV is steadily improving though and will be absolute beast while peaking, but there's no need to compare him with an NBA super star Gasol.
    Yes, I wanted to see JV and D-Mo playing together after Donatas reached new level. That would be a front for everyone to fear. Now just can hope we will see it next summer in OG. If we will have healthy Donatas, Kalnietis (hopefully) will feel his rythm after club season and all other our players, that will be the team to compete with anyone.

  12. #92
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,134
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Here's Basketnews' rating of the Eurobasket performance of the players on the Lithuanian team:

    Team Lietuva Ratings

    Jonas Valančiūnas, Jonas Mačiulis and Mindaugas Kuzmonskas all got a 10 rating.


  13. #93
    Junior Member santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Here's Basketnews' rating of the Eurobasket performance of the players on the Lithuanian team:

    Team Lietuva Ratings

    Jonas Valančiūnas, Jonas Mačiulis and Mindaugas Kuzmonskas all got a 10 rating.

    An arbitrary rating by a random website doesn't mean anything. I can understand Maciulis 10 rating, but the other ones were not so great.

    Generally speaking, Lithuania just needs a generation with a couple of solid guards, and they will be good to go.
    How does this thing work anyway?

  14. #94
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,406
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santti View Post
    An arbitrary rating by a random website doesn't mean anything. I can understand Maciulis 10 rating, but the other ones were not so great.
    That's true. Even tho bnews is quite ok site, but overall, LT sports journalism is at very low level. Lot of amateurish guys, even teens with no experience, works in sites or on TV, who simply have no clue what they are doin' or majority of news ends up as blind copy/paste from twitter or the same Interbasket, even if someone posted some obvious BS (sometimes on purpose), you can be sure some krepsinis.net will post an article about it, screw that info comes from a guy who just signed-up. But it's great way to generate more clicks, hiding the source behind "our source from Greece", "Greek journalist told us" and etc. Really sad situation


  15. #95
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,134
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    ...or majority of news ends up as blind copy/paste from twitter or the same Interbasket, even if someone posted some obvious BS (sometimes on purpose), you can be sure some krepsinis.net will post an article about it, screw that info comes from a guy who just signed-up.
    So do my words show up in krepsinis.net as those of "our basketball expert in Canada"?


  16. #96
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,406
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    So do my words show up in krepsinis.net as those of "our basketball expert in Canada"?

    So far no, but if you would be active in EL rumours/signings thread and post smth about Zalgiris/Rytas f.e., you could very well end up as Canadian journalist, whom krepsinis.net talked to


  17. #97
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,134
    Country: Canada

    Exclamation

    So I see that Mantas Kalnietis set a Eurobasket record this year by dishing out 70 assists during the tournament. He also set a Eurobasket single game record with 13 assists against Belgium, but that was tied a few days later by Miloš Teodosić of Serbia in the QF match against the Czech Republic.

    Congratulations to Mantas!


  18. #98
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,486
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    So I see that Mantas Kalnietis set a Eurobasket record this year by dishing out 70 assists during the tournament. He also set a Eurobasket single game record with 13 assists against Belgium, but that was tied a few days later by Miloš Teodosić of Serbia in the QF match against the Czech Republic.

    Congratulations to Mantas!

    Teodosic had 13 and 14 assist games in the tournament. Both were eclipsed by Satoransky who had a new record of 15 assists in one of the games.

  19. #99
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,134
    Country: Canada

    Default

    I stand corrected then.


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •