Lithuanian NT 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And which Sabonis?

Sabonis the Elder is Basketball Federation President, Sabonis the Younger is fighting for his place in NT
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Friendly matches show that there is a big imbalancement in our Lithuanian squad..The younger generation looks more promising then older.Javtokas game against Finland was terrible. Looks very unfit and weak in defense. I hope he steps his game up because right now he is our captain.Kalnietis had is well a terrible game against Finland so many mistakes,but he had an injury so I guess its understandable,but I am not confident he will recover fully until the championships. Young players looked amazing, like Lekavicius against Australia,our new future Jasikevicius maybe.Domantas Sabonis looks is well confident on the court. Others like Gudaitis and Deividas Gailius look is well bright for the future. All I am saying the younger players look much better.I just hope Kazlaukas gives them a chance in the Euros. I am confident they could do a much better job.But anyways My starting 5 would be. (PG)LEKAVICIUS (PF )DOMANTAS SABONIS (SF)Kuzminskas (SG)Seibutis (C)Valanciunas.
      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Svoura View Post
        Interesting team, but I would be very confident if Greece were to play Lithuania in a knockout game. That backcourt is rather weak.

Where and why do you see weakness in our Backcourt ?
        Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
          Kalnietis had is well a terrible game against Finland so many mistakes,but he had an injury so I guess its understandable,but I am not confident he will recover fully until the championships.
          Kalnieties had 11 passes and he had a terrible game? Are you serious?

Comment

Think it's time to guess squad , and my squad is:
            PG: M.Kalnietis, L.Lekavičius
            SG: R.Seibutis, A.Milaknis, A.Juškevičius
            SF: J.Mačiulis, M.Kuzminskas
            PF: P.Jankūnas, D.Sabonis
            C: J.Valančiūnas, R.Javtokas, A.Kavaliauskas

There are two possible changes:
            1. A.Gudaitis instead of R.Javtokas or A.Kavaliauskas to make stronger PF position (i would like that decision).
            2. D.Gailius instead of R.Javtokas or A.Kavaliauskas to make stronger SF position.
            But i don't think it will happen. Kazlauskas is quite conservative coach.

P.S. It's really nice to have Sabonis (and not because of his father name, but because of his game) in our NT. Some users here are to young to remember his father playing, i'm old enough and to see his son playing at such high level is a pure pleasure.

Comment

Indeed Sabas Jr. is pleasant surprise, a big one I must say (to me atleast), especially after quite dull performance in youth tournament. I mean his stats were good, but the way he played doesn't look that he is ready to make some noise in senior NT. But here he doesn't have to be the leader, doesn't face double/triple defense against him, has by far better teammates and he is delivering. Of course maybe it's just start of preparation, he is in good shape after u19, so with Eurobasket coming he might fade away. One way or another, now I see him as really strong candidate to make the team, with him frontcourt is obvious: Jankunas, Sabas, JV, Javtokas, Kavaliauskas. Probably Gailius will be left out cause of that

Comment

Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                PG: M.Kalnietis, L.Lekavičius
                SG: R.Seibutis, A.Milaknis, A.Juškevičius
                PF: P.Jankūnas, D.Sabonis
                C: J.Valančiūnas, R.Javtokas, A.Kavaliauskas

There are two possible changes:
                1. A.Gudaitis instead of R.Javtokas or A.Kavaliauskas to make stronger PF position (i would like that decision).
                2. D.Gailius instead of R.Javtokas or A.Kavaliauskas to make stronger SF position.
                But i don't think it will happen. Kazlauskas is quite conservative coach.

P.S. It's really nice to have Sabonis (and not because of his father name, but because of his game) in our NT. Some users here are to young to remember his father playing, i'm old enough and to see his son playing at such high level is a pure pleasure.

I really hope Kazlauskas gives a chance to these three and takes to the tournament players like A.Gudaitis D.Gailius and D.Sabonis.
                My choice for the players would be
                PG Kalnietis, Lekavicius PF Jankunas, Gudaitis , D.Sabonis SF Maciulis, Kuzminskas SG Seibutis, Gailius C Valanciunas, Javtokas, Kavaliauskas
                Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                  Isn't it about time for Kuzminskas to be the starter on this team? He had a very good season in EL.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                    Isn't it about time for Kuzminskas to be the starter on this team? He had a very good season in EL.
                    He is in friendlies as much as I recall, but the problem that he always dissapears when the main tournament starts, psychological issues. Hopefully this time it won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Indeed Sabas Jr. is pleasant surprise, a big one I must say (to me atleast), especially after quite dull performance in youth tournament. I mean his stats were good, but the way he played doesn't look that he is ready to make some noise in senior NT. But here he doesn't have to be the leader, doesn't face double/triple defense against him, has by far better teammates and he is delivering. Of course maybe it's just start of preparation, he is in good shape after u19, so with Eurobasket coming he might fade away. One way or another, now I see him as really strong candidate to make the team, with him frontcourt is obvious: Jankunas, Sabas, JV, Javtokas, Kavaliauskas. Probably Gailius will be left out cause of that
                      D.Sabonis is still young. Obviously he will have to practice on his weaknesses if he even wants to consider entering one of the top NBA teams. But I would say for his age he looks better then most of our older players that played, very much potential. His strengths outnumber his weaknesses at the moment. He feels the game has good movement with a ball has good touch and definitely passes quick and good. He is very good at rebounds. For his size he can keep up with Point Guards. He has a good chance to be a very good post defender whit added bulk. The only weaknesses I would see in him Is no confidence in taking longer distanced shots. And maybe finishing when under the basket or running towards it.So all he needs is to really practice his shooting. Also strong players like Gudaitis.New Point Guard Lekavicius . I thing if Kazlauskas choses players wisely we could definitely compensate for the loss of our other players like Motiejunas or Kleiza for this tournament cause we have very good players on the roster, which I was really not expecting. definitely out of all my favourite so far is Lekavicius. Out of nowhere we find this great Point Guard to replace Kalnietis in the future.
                      Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
                        D.Sabonis is still young. Obviously he will have to practice on his weaknesses if he even wants to consider entering one of the top NBA teams
                        If he works on his weaknessess too much he'll be selected by bottom NBA team
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

[QUOTE=LuDux;985710]If he works on his weaknessess too much he'll be selected by bottom NBA team[/Q

Makes no sense.
                          D.Sabonis cant shoot from a further distance. Which is crucial in NBA.
                          Lithuania

Comment

Preparation games
                            LITHUANIA 86:71 AUSTRIA

LITHUANIA 18 POINTS FOR MILAKNIS
                            LITHUANIA 14 POINTS FOR VALANCIUNAS

AUSTRIA 27 Points Jakobas Poeltlas 27
                            AUSTRIA 13 Points Thomas Schreineris 13

Fourth successful victory for LITHUANIA ! In their ongoing friendlies
                            Lithuania

Comment

what is the story with Valanciunas now?
                              Did he join the team again or?
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                                what is the story with Valanciunas now?
                                Did he join the team again or?
                                Yes, he did.

Adas Juskevcius was released from the squad. 14 players went to Greece to participate in Acropolis tournament. After the tournament final LTU roster fro EB15 will be annonced (remaining two players will be released).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information