Lithuanian NT 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Gasol is phenomenal. It's a stupid comparison overall. I wish modis wouldn't bring all this uneccesary things here

O love JV, but that's where D-Mo is underrated among IBN'ers and even some Lith fans. D-Mo has a court vision, perfect passing, very quick decision maker, never stops the ball, excellent post game, quick feet, can play and shoot out of perimeter and most importantly D-Mo has figured it out defensively, he can defend p&r he can make solid step outs. He had to be absolute beast even compared to JV in my account. I'm still pissed I'll have to wait his brake out tournament in the NT for a longer time JV is steadily improving though and will be absolute beast while peaking, but there's no need to compare him with an NBA super star Gasol.
    Yes, I wanted to see JV and D-Mo playing together after Donatas reached new level. That would be a front for everyone to fear. Now just can hope we will see it next summer in OG. If we will have healthy Donatas, Kalnietis (hopefully) will feel his rythm after club season and all other our players, that will be the team to compete with anyone.

Comment

Here's Basketnews' rating of the Eurobasket performance of the players on the Lithuanian team:

Team Lietuva Ratings

Jonas Valančiūnas, Jonas Mačiulis and Mindaugas Kuzmonskas all got a 10 rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Here's Basketnews' rating of the Eurobasket performance of the players on the Lithuanian team:

Team Lietuva Ratings

Jonas Valančiūnas, Jonas Mačiulis and Mindaugas Kuzmonskas all got a 10 rating.

An arbitrary rating by a random website doesn't mean anything. I can understand Maciulis 10 rating, but the other ones were not so great.

Generally speaking, Lithuania just needs a generation with a couple of solid guards, and they will be good to go.
        How does this thing work anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by santti View Post
          An arbitrary rating by a random website doesn't mean anything. I can understand Maciulis 10 rating, but the other ones were not so great.
          That's true. Even tho bnews is quite ok site, but overall, LT sports journalism is at very low level. Lot of amateurish guys, even teens with no experience, works in sites or on TV, who simply have no clue what they are doin' or majority of news ends up as blind copy/paste from twitter or the same Interbasket, even if someone posted some obvious BS (sometimes on purpose), you can be sure some krepsinis.net will post an article about it, screw that info comes from a guy who just signed-up. But it's great way to generate more clicks, hiding the source behind "our source from Greece", "Greek journalist told us" and etc. Really sad situation

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            ...or majority of news ends up as blind copy/paste from twitter or the same Interbasket, even if someone posted some obvious BS (sometimes on purpose), you can be sure some krepsinis.net will post an article about it, screw that info comes from a guy who just signed-up.
            So do my words show up in krepsinis.net as those of "our basketball expert in Canada"?

Comment

So do my words show up in krepsinis.net as those of "our basketball expert in Canada"?

So far no, but if you would be active in EL rumours/signings thread and post smth about Zalgiris/Rytas f.e., you could very well end up as Canadian journalist, whom krepsinis.net talked to

Comment

So I see that Mantas Kalnietis set a Eurobasket record this year by dishing out 70 assists during the tournament. He also set a Eurobasket single game record with 13 assists against Belgium, but that was tied a few days later by Miloš Teodosić of Serbia in the QF match against the Czech Republic.

Congratulations to Mantas!

Comment

So I see that Mantas Kalnietis set a Eurobasket record this year by dishing out 70 assists during the tournament. He also set a Eurobasket single game record with 13 assists against Belgium, but that was tied a few days later by Miloš Teodosić of Serbia in the QF match against the Czech Republic.

Congratulations to Mantas!

Teodosic had 13 and 14 assist games in the tournament. Both were eclipsed by Satoransky who had a new record of 15 assists in one of the games.

Comment

I stand corrected then.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information