X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithuanian NT 2015

I think the optimal team to the players:

1) M.Kalnietis; L.Lekavičius / M.Girdžiūnas
    2) M.Pocius; R.Seibutis A. Milaknis (M.Gecevičius / M.Runkauskas)
    3) M.Kuzminskas; J.Mačiulis; D.Gailius
    4) D.Motiejunas, L.Kleiza, P.Jankunas (G.Orelikas / D.Sabonis)
    5) J.Valančiūnas; O.Galdikas (I think next season will play in the NBA); A. Kavaliauskas; R.Javtokas; D.Lavrinovičius

Another similar thread + some players are not even in the preliminary roster. Should be deleted.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I know there is a thread in the Lithuanian section of the forum, however I don't intend on moving threads every few months back and forth and definately prefer keeping these NT threads in the designated forum after the end of the tournament. If you guys'll insist on transfering the 2015 thread from the Lith forum, I can do that, however the thread stays here than... If you guys prefer to have that thread in the Lith forum, you may have two simmilar threads as far as I am concerned nothing wrong with that, since the original one is already detailed enough to suit Lithuanian interest and this one will likely be far below that level
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

JPF, fine than! Less work for you. 2 threads won't hurt.

I'll just say than that Galdikas and Runkauskas are not in the preliminary roster. They won't be in the NT this summer.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          JPF, fine than! Less work for you. 2 threads won't hurt.

I'll just say than that Galdikas and Runkauskas are not in the preliminary roster. They won't be in the NT this summer.
          A preliminary list of those registered in the FIBA and J. Kazlauskas it can change.

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
            I think the optimal team to the players:

1) M.Kalnietis; L.Lekavičius / M.Girdžiūnas
            2) M.Pocius; R.Seibutis A. Milaknis (M.Gecevičius / M.Runkauskas)
            3) M.Kuzminskas; J.Mačiulis; D.Gailius
            4) D.Motiejunas, L.Kleiza, P.Jankunas (G.Orelikas / D.Sabonis)
            5) J.Valančiūnas; O.Galdikas (I think next season will play in the NBA); A. Kavaliauskas; R.Javtokas; D.Lavrinovičius
            How can you call those selections "optimal" when Donatas Motiejūnas is still recovering from his back surgery and two of those players aren't even good enough to be on Coach Kazlauskas' preliminary roster?

Comment

PG: M.Kalnietis, L.Lekavičius
              SG: R.Seibutis, A.Milaknis, A.Juškevičius
              SF: J.Mačiulis, M.Kuzminskas
              PF: P.Jankūnas, D.Sabonis, ???????????
              C: J.Valančiūnas, A.Kavaliauskas

Extra thoughts:
              1) Juškevičius just isn't a PG, if we're taking him he should be playing SG (and PG if really needed)
              2) With Motiejūnas and Kleiza out, we're very limited on PF's. It would be great if D.Lavrinovic played. If not, we could get Maciulis or Kuzminskas to start at PF and get another SF (Gailius or Giedraitis).
              3) Why would I take Lekavičius over Ž.Janavičius and M.Girdžiūnas ? Janavičius has no shooting ability whatsoever, but has great ball-handling. Girdžiūnas is great 1x1 and still somewhat young, but is very dependant on 3-point shooting which seemed weak on defensive teams (plus, on how Kazlauskas mentioned he was the last one he put on the list, i doubt he'll make the camp). L.Lekavičius is simply the middle version. He is only 22, therefore is quite perspective and despite being young, he already has euroleague experience than both of them.
              4) Javtokas might also take Kavaliauskas' place if defence is what Kazlauskas wants.

Feel free to disagree.
              "Adding a pumpfake to your offence will surely make you less predictable" -Raptors

Comment

Interesting team, but I would be very confident if Greece were to play Lithuania in a knockout game. That backcourt is rather weak.

Comment

but Gudaitisi?Darius can't play power forward !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas "Pumpfake"-iūnas View Post
                    PG: M.Kalnietis, L.Lekavičius
                    SG: R.Seibutis, A.Milaknis, A.Juškevičius
                    SF: J.Mačiulis, M.Kuzminskas
                    PF: P.Jankūnas, D.Sabonis, ???????????
                    C: J.Valančiūnas, A.Kavaliauskas

4) Javtokas might also take Kavaliauskas' place if defence is what Kazlauskas wants.
                    I'd definitely add Robertas Javtokas to the team. He demonstrated in the Lithuanian league final that he can still play when the chips are down.

Meanwhile I just don't think Domantas Sabonis is ready for the big time yet. Maybe Coach Kazlauskas can put in a call to Kšyštof Lavrinovič. He was one of the few Rytas players who didn't seem to be completely outclassed in the Lithuanian league final.

Comment

Originally posted by Svoura View Post
                      Interesting team, but I would be very confident if Greece were to play Lithuania in a knockout game. That backcourt is rather weak.
                      The sad thing is, this still looks like our best backourt in recent years.
                      "Adding a pumpfake to your offence will surely make you less predictable" -Raptors

Comment

Is Kalnietis healthy? If he is, it is a big plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Svoura View Post
                          Is Kalnietis healthy? If he is, it is a big plus.
                          He should be. Had an operation in the middle of the season instead of the end so he could play. True soul of the team.

Comment

hello,i want to ask,has sabonis a position at lithuanian national team?thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Giorgos Alexopoulos View Post
                              hello,i want to ask,has sabonis a position at lithuanian national team?thanks
                              What do you mean with "position"?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information