• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Picek View Post
    what is the story with Valanciunas now?
    Did he join the team again or?
    He did on weekend, travelled with team to Greece, should play tonight

Comment

Is Kalnietis hurt? Word here is that he may miss the Acropolis tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Svoura View Post
        Is Kalnietis hurt? Word here is that he may miss the Acropolis tournament.
        He felt some pain in his leg during last training before traveliing to Greece. Went to hospital to do some tests and they showed nothing serious.

Comment

So is it time to panic about the team yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
            So is it time to panic about the team yet?

I am worried that we might no even advance for the 2016 Olympic qualifiers if we play like that . Tournament is 9 days away. Two Friendlies are left. If we don't show some improvement against Greece on Saturday I think we are in trouble.
            Last edited by Modis; 08-27-2015, 11:31 PM.
            Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
            FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
            FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
              I am worried that we might no even advance for the 2016 Olympic qualifiers if we play like that . Tournament is 9 days away. Two Friendlies are left. If we don't show some improvement against Greece on Saturday I think we are in trouble.
              Modis,
              I Thinks, that Lithuania will play in Olympic Games If we will not play in EuroBasket final (and not receive direct ticket to Olympics) we still have 2 others options:
              1. To finish at Eurobasket in TOP7 places and by this way receive ticket o one additional Olympic qualifying tournament
              2. If Lithuania will finish at Eurobasket in place below than 7th - we can tray to win rights to host one of three additional Olympic tournament in our country, and then we will qualify to this tournament as a hosts Yes, it will cost more than 2 mln. €, but i think that Lithuanian Basketball Federation will find sponsors for that, IF NOT, it would be first time, when Lithuania will not play at Olympics...........

Comment

The last friendly. I hope at least this ends better then Croatia or Turkey.
                Lithuania

Comment

Now that three games have been played, is there any player you fellows think should not have been cut from the final roster? Who would you have let go in his place?

I think Team Lietuva so far this tournament could have used the icy cold-blooded shooting that Adas Juškevičius showed last summer. Meanwhile Coach Kazlauskas has so far used only two centers in any game. And neither have Artūras Milaknis nor Deividas Gailius been used much at all.

Comment

Now that three games have been played, is there any player you fellows think should not have been cut from the final roster? Who would you have let go in his place?

I think Team Lietuva so far this tournament could have used the icy cold-blooded shooting that Adas Juškevičius showed last summer. Meanwhile Coach Kazlauskas has so far used only two centers in any game. And neither have Artūras Milaknis nor Deividas Gailius been used much at all.

No one

Comment

yeh Juskevicius should have been selected overall, plus 2014 WC experience. I don't get it . Lekavicius is a great defender, but his shooting stats are not great so far. Apart from that this is the best team that we could have put together this year with so many missing. Still to early to judge players I think anyways..
                      Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                        No one
                        Agreed.

But for my tastes both Milaknis and Gailius had to play more. Coach should have more patience with shooter as Milaknis. Let him run for 3, 4 minutes and he'll give you 6 points in a minute when the time will come. Gailius should be used at 3 sometimes when the offence is too toothless like today (not mentioning bigs). I would love a bit more flexibility - like bringing in Kavaliauskas against Ukraine while Javtokas' option obviously didn't work. Like letting Gailius in today instead of tolerating only 3 guards who couldn't score today. Kazlauskas sticks to pre game decisions like it's apriori accurate.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Who knows really that Kazlauskas and Kalnietis work with one agent?
                          https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Agreed.

But for my tastes both Milaknis and Gailius had to play more. Coach should have more patience with shooter as Milaknis. Let him run for 3, 4 minutes and he'll give you 6 points in a minute when the time will come.
                            Milaknis can't handle defensive duties, that's the reason he is not playin' more

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                            Who knows really that Kazlauskas and Kalnietis work with one agent?
                            Sorry, but didn't understand your exact question

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                              Sorry, but didn't understand your exact question
                              Kalnietis looks terrible, so looked in summer League too, the season he missed, why not take in the roster of well-played Juskevicius? I don't understand it.
                              https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                                Kalnietis looks terrible, so looked in summer League too, the season he missed, why not take in the roster of well-played Juskevicius? I don't understand it.
                                When did Juskevicius played well as PG? Let alone that he is not a pure PG. Last season he was horrible in this role in Rytas, even Janavicius looked better. The same happened in NT camp - Juskevicius just couldn't handle the team, it led to chaos most of the times he was at PG role.
                                Kalnietis wasn't terrible overall, he had ok game vs Latvia, he was not bad yesterday with 13 assists!!! (that's almost as much as Juskevicius did last year in 9 games (14)) Only terrible thing he did was in last possesion

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information