No announcement yet.

European prospects born 99'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 2010 or 2011 summer (The guy who told me this stuff doesn't remember the exact date), Luka Doncic attended practices in Galatasaray's youth teams along with two Bosnian and one Macedonian (Kristijan Nikolov) players. The Galatasaray staff doubted his skills and decided on the Macedonian guy and naturalized him instead of Doncic. That awesome vision of Galatasaray staff! Bravo!
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
      Greece has been leading naturalization race in 2010s. Antetokounmpo (His family was about to deported from Greece but some miracle happened and he gained Greek citizenship. That's how I describe the self-seeking),
      This is a piece of crap.You have no idea what you are talking about and you just lie
      Noone was about to be deported,and Giannis and his family have said numerous times that they did not face racism or any similar problem in Greece, and (if you have the slightest brain function) you can think that he is free not to represent Greek national team.He just wants to do so,not for money just because he wants
      After all this guy does not need Greece.Greek national team needs him...
      Tbh i prefer him not to compete for NT this summer ,but improve his 15-17ft Jump Shots and corners' 3ps. And then from next summer come back to NT

Dorsey (The funniest one ever. Dorsey realized he is actually a Greek in just one day),
      Dorsey has ethnic Greek background from his mother's side...seems difficult for you to understand that over 3mill people in USA have full or some Greek ethnic heritage...
      Just for your info ,cause it's obvious that you talk about things you know shit, Tony Stubblefield informed people from Greek federation of Tyler's ethnic background, when there were discussions about the future of some other Greek player (Papagiannis)

http://www.kgw.com/sports/ncaa/ducks...year/100105748 ...for anyone who wants additional info

Vezenkov (No! This one is the funniest one! A guy who is Bulgarian will play for Greece, just because he was born in Southern Part of Cyprus),
      Ο Αλέξανδρος Βεζένκοφ απολαμβάνει στην Βαρκελώνη την είδηση της εξασφάλισης της ελληνικής ιθαγένειάς του και μίλησε στο Sport24.gr για το πως αισθάνεται για την εξέλιξη που μπορεί να έχει στην μπασκετική του καριέρα.

As for Calathes and Koufos they have 1000% Greek ethnic background ,but were born and raised in USA,
      Especially Kostas feels very Greek and was raised in a very very Greek way (he even got married another Greek American girl lol)

I would like to see Zach Auguste to play for Greek NT too

I have spent myself some years in Greece and some years in USA...and i have to say that you are a real dumbfuck speaking about issues with limited if any info and knowledge
      As for any Turkish player, since i do not know their cases i prefer not to have an opinion.
      http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
      https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
      https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
      https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

I heard from somewhere that grandfather of Antonis Fotsis was from Istanbul,Turkey. He should have played for Turkish NT

Players should be able to play for any national team which they feel emotionally so close. Of course, this is open to abuse because money talks in the modern times. Ethnic backgrounds make no sense for me. I hope one day we will have 2 Syrians, 3 Africans, 1 Iraqi, 2 Bosniaks and 4 "local Turkish, which rarely exist" in Turkish NT

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
          This is a piece of crap.You have no idea what you are talking about and you just lie
          Noone was about to be deported,and Giannis and his family have said numerous times that they did not face racism or any similar problem in Greece, and (if you have the slightest brain function) you can think that he is free not to represent Greek national team.He just wants to do so,not for money just because he wants
          After all this guy does not need Greece.Greek national team needs him...
          Tbh i prefer him not to compete for NT this summer ,but improve his 15-17ft Jump Shots and corners' 3ps. And then from next summer come back to NT

Dorsey has ethnic Greek background from his mother's side...seems difficult for you to understand that over 3mill people in USA have full or some Greek ethnic heritage...
          Just for your info ,cause it's obvious that you talk about things you know shit, Tony Stubblefield informed people from Greek federation of Tyler's ethnic background, when there were discussions about the future of some other Greek player (Papagiannis)

http://www.kgw.com/sports/ncaa/ducks...year/100105748 ...for anyone who wants additional info

Ο Αλέξανδρος Βεζένκοφ απολαμβάνει στην Βαρκελώνη την είδηση της εξασφάλισης της ελληνικής ιθαγένειάς του και μίλησε στο Sport24.gr για το πως αισθάνεται για την εξέλιξη που μπορεί να έχει στην μπασκετική του καριέρα.

As for Calathes and Koufos they have 1000% Greek ethnic background ,but were born and raised in USA,
          Especially Kostas feels very Greek and was raised in a very very Greek way (he even got married another Greek American girl lol)

I would like to see Zach Auguste to play for Greek NT too

I have spent myself some years in Greece and some years in USA...and i have to say that you are a real dumbfuck speaking about issues with limited if any info and knowledge
          As for any Turkish player, since i do not know their cases i prefer not to have an opinion.
          Before anything else, please do not swear at me. Only the facts talk here. You can fool yourself, it is your right. Starting with Giannis, the way Greek State treated him is at variance with my moral values. You are claiming that Giannis and his family haven't experienced any racism or similar problem in Greece. It can be true though I have been in Greece and have great memories there and I can approve what you said. However my point was not about racism towards Giannis. Greece didn't let him to gain 100% Greek citizenship until they had realized that Antetokounmpo family offers something good to that country. This is hypocrisy and need to be added disgusting. He was just a random guy on the street who was selling some stuffs illegally. They had lived without papers in a country for 20 years. It is a different story that Giannis wants to play in Greek NT. Playing in a country's NT makes you more valuable person in the eyes of society and ''NBA GMs''.

Here is the source. http://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/...etball-skills/

You don't know my opinion about Dorsey and the other guys but trying to judge me. Dorsey is a naturalized guy. Not the primary naturalization but the secondary one. Indeed, he has Greek heritage. There were some news hanging out on this forum during the WC U19 where Greek Media claims that Dorsey spends his holidays in Greek Islands, his mother is Greek and other funny news The reality is his grandmother is Greek or has Greek roots (It differs from sources). It is true that in one day (after the fay when he was cut from American NT ), he realized he actually feels quite Greek. Funny? I think it quite is I have no problem with his status since he has Greek origin, he can play for Greek NT. I am just against of those guys who are trying to put a strawberry on cake. They are reading some fake news on Greek Media and they blabber just like you even though they don't have much knowledge. It is not necessary to project an image on him. Take him as he comes.

Here is the source. http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Interview-5145 (Says that he has never been in Greece before and other stuffs which are on the contrary to Greek papers)

About Vezenkov, I have no idea why you are sending me a news that is in Greek. Since you have the ''slightest brain function'', you should have known I don't speak Greek. Well, justification of Vezenkov's naturalization attempt can be a hard case for you. Better, stay away from this. The guy already made his debut for Bulgarian NT in an official game. Plus, he was born in Southern part of Cyprus as the son of Bulgarian parents. In all likelihood, he is a Southern Cypriot which doesn't make him Greek right? It is a fact that he is fluent in Greek but the only justifiable way of his naturalization would happen, if he wouldn't play for Bulgaria.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

'' You are claiming that Giannis and his family haven't experienced any racism or similar problem in Greece.''
            No this is not what i said
            Antekounmpo himself said that

''Greece didn't let him to gain 100% Greek citizenship until they had realized that Antetokounmpo family offers something good to that country. ''
            And this is exactly the Greek Law for the last decades...If you prove one of your grandfathers etc was of ethnic Greek background you can have your Greek nationality(if you wish so). just like the state of Israel will grant you Israeli nationality and citizenship so log as you prove your Jewish background(i think from your mother's side)
            If not then there is only way...to offer high services to Greece.This is exactly what happened with Giannis
            It is not hypocricy ,it is the Greek law
            For example , imho it is stupid and against democracy and free speech to ban any criticism towards Kemal Ataturk,or Erdogan.But from what i know(if i am wrong i apologize for that) you are not allowed to do so (in public at least). This means that if i ever visit your country i will at least try to avoid breaking this legal rule...it is about law enforcement, not hypocricy etc

And i do agree second generation legal citizens in Greece (the ones who got born here and stayed for at least 10years) should at least be granted Greek nationality,it is unfair for these folks

Vezenkov was born in Cyprus(last time i checked UN's list for countries there was no south or north , not Greek or Turkish part, but a whole island named Cyprus), he recently got his Greek nationality, but i am not sure he wants to play for Greek NT. I do think he would prefer the Cypriot one,but since this NT is very weak who knows...

Playing for a NT is no-brainer
            If you feel Italian go ahead and play for Italy, if you feel Hungarian do so for Hungary etc
            Changing your NT for money or any other opportunistic aim is disrespectful for your own dignity

Nick Galis,the greatest Greek ever played the game, rejected all offers from NBA ,because he would lose the right to play for Greek NT(till 1989 NBA players could not play for their NTs) http://www.celticslife.com/2011/10/t...re-5-nick.html

For instance , Hidayet Turkoglu did not need Turkish NT for self-promotion or any othe reason, he just wanted to play for them...simple as that
            http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
            https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
            https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
            https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                Are the rumors who have him selecting the Turkish NT at the future correct?
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                  Are the rumors who have him selecting the Turkish NT at the future correct?
                  There is no such a rumor. It's a product of someone's imagination, not a rumor. Even rumor have some credibility.

He will be in the Bosnian senior team for the Eurobasket 2017 qualifications anyway, which starts soon.
                  Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                    There is no such a rumor. It's a product of someone's imagination, not a rumor. Even rumor have some credibility.

He will be in the Bosnian senior team for the Eurobasket 2017 qualifications anyway, which starts soon.
                    He is probably intending the offer that was made to Musa for making him playing firstly in U-18 and then senior Turkish NT. Yeah, there was an offer like that which is rejected.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

if it is true that there was an offer which he rejected. I am just glad that he did, We don't need that kind of arrogant personality in the NT, a true chemistry killer.

Comment

Musa vs Belgium and Portugal, his senior national team debut

Comment

Doncic will play for Spain unfortunately, we can expect soon change of the rule in favor of Spain , unlimited number of naturalized players in NT .
                          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                            Doncic will play for Spain unfortunately, we can expect soon change of the rule in favor of Spain , unlimited number of naturalized players in NT .
                            doncic91-628x181.jpg

There hasn't even been an issue for the past few years, however the media on many occasions perceives such instances the way they want them to be, not the way they are.
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Nice to see that. It would be such a shame to see Doncic playing for Spain.
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

If that's his message , its great to see young player with the integrity. As its not enough for Spain plundering African continent , plus they have Mirotic etc.
                                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information