Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European prospects born 99'

A week old, but some exceptional moves for Dončič nevertheless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ODGGNnU40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

I really hope that Doncic will play for Spain. After they stole so many Bosnian prospects, it's time for Slovenians to taste their own medicine.

Doncic vs Manresa at the half time: 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists for 19 of PIR in 11 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Doncic vs Manresa at the half time: 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists for 19 of PIR in 11 minutes.
    Also great performance by Muza yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by BiHBasket View Post
    I really hope that Doncic will play for Spain. After they stole so many Bosnian prospects, it's time for Slovenians to taste their own medicine.
    Could you mention some?

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Could you mention some?
    Alen Omić - considered as unperspective in Bih
    Mirza Begić - same...
    and almost... Jusuf Nurkić - same...

...but of course, it's always easier to blame someone else than the BiH bball politics and petty functionars that effectively created an enviroment where centers such as these have a choice between going abroad and developing into good players, or working in Zenica Steel factory, as I believe Begić once said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Wasn't it Preldzic as well (just for the youth teams though)?

I thought that Nurkic was willing to play for Bosnia...I must agree with you,it's not just a coincidence that Bosnia's prospects finally decide to play for Slovenia,somthing must be wrong there,really worried tho what is going to happen with their next youngsters that perform really good in the youth tournaments

I thought that Nurkic was willing to play for Bosnia...I must agree with you,it's not just a coincidence that Bosnia's prospects finally decide to play for Slovenia,somthing must be wrong there,really worried tho what is going to happen with their next youngsters that perform really good in the youth tournaments
    Basketball menagers take them in Slovenia or Turkey at early age, they sign contracts for their clubs, they get perfect conditions for improvement, but of course their new employers ask of them to change citizenship and play for their national teams.

But, mess in Bosnian Basketball Association and generally bad economic situation in the country is only one side of the story, a decent part of our nation just lack patriotism and for a few dollars more they are willing to sell out entire country.

Today we have U16, U18 and U20 national teams(I wonder for how long though), we have SPARS basketball club with great conditions for young players development(ironically, even Slovenian prospect Aleksej Nikolic came here and spent a couple of years in SPARS before he moved to Bamberg), but still some players don't care for Bosnian national team.

Take example of Nihad Djedovic, he isn't a young prospect, he is a 25 year old proven basketball player with huge Euroleague contract, so not like he lacks money, but he still decided to renounce Bosnian citizenship and become German citizen, so he lost a legal right to play for Bosnian national team. Bizarre. Or Emir Preldzic. Just give him money and he will love your nation and play with passion, he's only loyal to euros.

Those players are not even blamed in the media, some people even support them. We aren't really the most nationalist people around, there is no awareness that homeland is more important than individual, a lot of people just care for themselves. It's a process, we are young nation, we still have to learn how to love our country on proper way. But even I have some desire to move somewhere else, this is a black hole full of corruption and unemployment, I'm not sure should I spend my life trying to change things or just move to EU and forget about Bosnia

And don't forget that Bosnia have population of just 3,5 milions and half of the population are Serbs and Croats, their athlets of course in most of the cases represent Serbia and Croatia. Third and largest ethnic group, Bosniaks, well even though we don't have any other homeland except Bosnia, as you can see, many our own athlets choose to represent other countries. All of those players from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Slovenian and Turkish national teams are Bosniaks.

Now let's go back to topic, 1999 born Dzanan Musa scored 14 points in Cedevita last ABA league game(even he said that before some time Fenerbahce offered him contract but asked from him to take a Turkish citizenship and play for Turkey, so he refused)
    Last edited by BiHBasket; 02-02-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiHBasket View Post
    Basketball menagers take them in Slovenia or Turkey at early age, they sign contracts for their clubs, they get perfect conditions for improvement, but of course their new employers ask of them to change citizenship and play for their national teams.

But, mess in Bosnian Basketball Association and generally bad economic situation in the country is only one side of the story, a decent part of our nation just lack patriotism and for a few dollars more they are willing to sell out entire country.

Today we have U16, U18 and U20 national teams(I wonder for how long though), we have SPARS basketball club with great conditions for young players development(ironically, even Slovenian prospect Aleksej Nikolic came here and spent a couple of years in SPARS before he moved to Bamberg), but still some players don't care for Bosnian national team.

Take example of Nihad Djedovic, he isn't a young prospect, he is a 25 year old proven basketball player with huge Euroleague contract, so not like he lacks money, but he still decided to renounce Bosnian citizenship and become German citizen, so he lost a legal right to play for Bosnian national team. Bizarre. Or Emir Preldzic. Just give him money and he will love your nation and play with passion, he's only loyal to euros.

Those players are not even blamed in the media, some people even support them. We aren't really the most nationalist people around, there is no awareness that homeland is more important than individual, a lot of people just care for themselves. It's a process, we are young nation, we still have to learn how to love our country on proper way. But even I have some desire to move somewhere else, this is a black hole full of corruption and unemployment, I'm not sure should I spend my life trying to change things or just move to EU and forget about Bosnia

And don't forget that Bosnia have population of just 3,5 milions and half of the population are Serbs and Croats, their athlets of course in most of the cases represent Serbia and Croatia. Third and largest ethnic group, Bosniaks, well even though we don't have any other homeland except Bosnia, as you can see, many our own athlets choose to represent other countries. All of those players from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Slovenian and Turkish national teams are Bosniaks.

Now let's go back to topic, 1999 born Dzanan Musa scored 14 points in Cedevita last ABA league game(even he said that before some time Fenerbahce offered him contract but asked from him to take a Turkish citizenship and play for Turkey, so he refused)
    Turkey had done the same thing once in the past with Zaza Pachulia,offering a contract with the precondition of playing in the NT

Turkey had done the same thing once in the past with Zaza Pachulia,offering a contract with the precondition of playing in the NT
    At first, Zaza accepted to play in Turkish NT but he changed his mind and decided to play for Georgia. He still speaks Turkish very well, better than Arsen Ilyasov, aka Ersan İlyasova, maybe Mirsad Türkcan It's a big loss for us. Other Georgian boy named Zaza Enden-Eladze(6'9"-PF) played for Turkey but so useless compared to Zaza Pachulia

If Musa's statement is real, I respect his choice. It's not ethical to offer national team condition in a pro contract.

That's not true. Nobody offered him a contract by including this type of clause. He was studying in Turkish College in Tbilisi, when the scouts of Ülker saw him playing, he impressed them a lot and was taken to Ülker youth setup when he was just 13. He even played some games under Turkish NT jersey in youth categories in preparation tournaments. He is so fluent in Turkish. The reason why he didn't want to choose Turkish NT, is not known. Maybe it is because there was a tough competition in his position where Okur and Beşok were leading the way. Ülker made a great effort on him and it was our right to make him play in our NT. It is our gift to Georgian basketball. If our federation would really want him then we could see him under NT jersey. It is a kind of lack of appetite from the federation side.

About Dzanan Musa, he refused to play for Turkey and the rumors are true about him. Fener made an offer to him and for his family. It was a great offer that Musa said but he also added, it is so important for him to play for Bosnia. Much respect for him however he made a mistake with this decision, IMO. Also my sixth sense is telling me, we will convince Musa sooner or later. I know the federation wants him so much. The brightest talent of his generation and promise a good future. I hope he will rethink his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    That's not true. Nobody offered him a contract by including this type of clause. He was studying in Turkish College in Tbilisi, when the scouts of Ülker saw him playing, he impressed them a lot and was taken to Ülker youth setup when he was just 13. He even played some games under Turkish NT jersey in youth categories in preparation tournaments. He is so fluent in Turkish. The reason why he didn't want to choose Turkish NT, is not known. Maybe it is because there was a tough competition in his position where Okur and Beşok were leading the way. Ülker made a great effort on him and it was our right to make him play in our NT. It is our gift to Georgian basketball. If our federation would really want him then we could see him under NT jersey. It is a kind of lack of appetite from the federation side.

About Dzanan Musa, he refused to play for Turkey and the rumors are true about him. Fener made an offer to him and for his family. It was a great offer that Musa said but he also added, it is so important for him to play for Bosnia. Much respect for him however he made a mistake with this decision, IMO. Also my sixth sense is telling me, we will convince Musa sooner or later. I know the federation wants him so much. The brightest talent of his generation and promise a good future. I hope he will rethink his choice.
    Zaza's family had as a plan to come to Greece that time and live here,then came of the offer from Fener but he declined as far as i know because he is Orthdox in religion.Rumors at this time were reporting that he had no problem to play for our NT...

It's not a mistake if you want to represent your country wow..

Zaza's family had as a plan to come to Greece that time and live here,then came of the offer from Fener but he declined as far as i know because he is Orthdox in religion.Rumors at this time were reporting that he had no problem to play for our NT...

Yeah that comment about being a mistake to want to play for your own country got me too. Such a fucked up way to think. I guess most of the Turks for some reason see it as an OK way to go hording talent around Europe, Balkans especially, and plug them into their NT setups and team youth setup and don't see an issue with that. Again maybe if they throw enough money at people, they might crack.

He was Zaza Enden, not Zaza Pachulia. Zaza Enden is another Georgian who was incredible strong for his peers (pre-mature body) and got the attention of both Greek and Turkish scouts. His only aim was moving to Greece. He tried his chance illegally and got caught. After that, he was sent to Turkey because he made his entrance to Greece from Turkey. Again, Ülker's coach realized that he was in Turkey and made an offer to him for playing in youth setup.

Most probably you mixed the names. Zaza Pachulia has never had any interaction with Greece but Zaza Enden did. If you have any source, don't be hesitant to share it. I have never heard something like that you said. As I said, you mixed the names, IMO.

I'm pretty sure that i read it in an article about him last year before the game Georgia-Greece and now i am searching to find it.Probably until tomorrow i will have post it

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    He was Zaza Enden, not Zaza Pachulia. Zaza Enden is another Georgian who was incredible strong for his peers (pre-mature body) and got the attention of both Greek and Turkish scouts. His only aim was moving to Greece. He tried his chance illegally and got caught. After that, he was sent to Turkey because he made his entrance to Greece from Turkey. Again, Ülker's coach realized that he was in Turkey and made an offer to him for playing in youth setup.

Most probably you mixed the names. Zaza Pachulia has never had any interaction with Greece but Zaza Enden did. If you have any source, don't be hesitant to share it. I have never heard something like that you said. As I said, you mixed the names, IMO.
    Very good post, good memory. Congratulations

I don't remember any relation between Zaza Pachulia and Greece in basketball matter. Zaza can be orthodox, so what? Every orthodox goes to Greece to play basketball? Zaza is definetely a gift from us to Georgia. I respect his decision, Turkey had very strong frontcourt at that time and with Zaza we could have been a nightmare for opponents. It's a sad story. Beside this, Zaza already has Turkish citizenship. He just refused to play for Turkey, there wasn't precondition like that

Some of top Turkish players playing for other countries too. Such as İsmet Akpınar '95 born %100 Turkish and playing for Germany also Tomas Akyazılı (Belgium) and Ozan Anton Odabaşı(Finland) Both of them have Turkish roots. He was division B mvp and playing for Finland. Especially Akyazılı was willing to play for us but neither TBF not any Turkish team made an offer to him. I always being against to naturalized players. It not ethic to lure them with the money at all and It is tearing up the national competition. In this regard I really respect for Serbia and Lithuania. I hope Musa and Doncic will be decided to play their countries. We also lots of talented boys they are sweeping all the medals lately.We do not needs any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by c-myers View Post
    Some of top Turkish players playing for other countries too. Such as İsmet Akpınar '95 born %100 Turkish and playing for Germany also Tomas Akyazılı (Belgium) and Ozan Anton Odabaşı(Finland) Both of them have Turkish roots. He was division B mvp and playing for Finland. Especially Akyazılı was willing to play for us but neither TBF not any Turkish team made an offer to him. I always being against to naturalized players. It not ethic to lure them with the money at all and It is tearing up the national competition. In this regard I really respect for Serbia and Lithuania. I hope Musa and Doncic will be decided to play their countries. We also lots of talented boys they are sweeping all the medals lately.We do not needs any of them.
    BTW Toma's Akyazili is a great talent, it would be great to play with Turkish NT but if he keeps playing with Belgium he can become their best player in some years.

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    BTW Toma's Akyazili is a great talent, it would be great to play with Turkish NT but if he keeps playing with Belgium he can become their best player in some years.
    Indeed. He is extremely talented and one of intriguing player of his generation.I have read his interview he said that he did not get any offer by Turkish team nor NT. He could have decided to play for us and It is my understanding that expecting an offfer but nothing wrong with this he is quite product of Belgium basketball.He should keep playing for Belgium NT.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast