European prospects born 99'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    It's a long story with ups and downs, to cut it short: Saša Dončič created a whole havoc by saying to one reporter "he'll decide which team he'll play for, I trust his judgement" and of course many took that as a sign that Luka has not decided yet, while he is not allowed to give any interviews at this age. As far as I heard an offer from Spanish federation has been made, but he rejected it.
    Otherwise people that know him, claim he is quite fanatical about Slovenian NT, his father was given a job of a coach assistant of Slovenian B NT probably not entirely without calculations, owns Nesterovič (federation president) a substantial favour and whole federation was (at least 2 years ago) pretty much determined he'll be placed on senior NT roster, at least for preparation stages as soon as the rules allow him to (16 years of age). The question as of now is basicaly weather he'll play at U16 or U18 div B championship along with having a run with the senior NT.
    I really hope that Slovenian diamond eventually will play for his HOMELAND. Well, i must admit that Spanish basketball federation in the last few years really unbelted. They really piss me off..... Ibaka,Mirotic......Who,s next one?! Doncic? I,ve feeling that Spanish basketball federation are hooked on the naturalization needle, like raging drug addict. Seems like that their federation already can,t exist without naturalization.......

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
      I really hope that Slovenian diamond eventually will play for his HOMELAND. Well, i must admit that Spanish basketball federation in the last few years really unbelted. They really piss me off..... Ibaka,Mirotic......Who,s next one?! Doncic? I,ve feeling that Spanish basketball federation are hooked on the naturalization needle, like raging drug addict. Seems like that their federation already can,t exist without naturalization.......
      Do you think we are happy playing with naturalized players? It is call Método FEB in Spain, thanks to Mr Pepe Luis Sáez, the corrupt president of our federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
        Do you think we are happy playing with naturalized players? It is call Método FEB in Spain, thanks to Mr Pepe Luis Sáez, the corrupt president of our federation.
        Spain keeps winning medals at the youth categories. So they produce new talent. Surely, obtaining the level the current national team has (or has had) will be a Herculean ask though. That said, I don't think Spain will play with three naturalized players. That would hurt the sport. I'm guessing that Spain wants to use the naturalized player they will need most.
        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Spain is a big brand in basketball. They offer better facilities, working environment, competitiveness and success to players from different countries. It is important to obtain permanent success for a Under 19 player that will structure his character as winner player. To be honest, I appreciate all the naturalizing stories of Spain. They naturalize the players for the sake of both sides. It is a kind of win win negotiation. Generally, the player who is considered to be naturalized has high potential to be a star. Although Spain has domestic talents, they are the capital power of European basketball and go towards for European talents. Playing in the highest level of basketball on the basis of national team contributes many things to players. Doncic's story is different since Slovenia is a decent powerhouse in European basketball but I can't say the same things for the Ibaka and Mirotic cases. They did the right thing for their careers.

Well Spain took them from homelands at the age of 13,14 or 15 and gives all the detailed basketball education. Spain's player development institutes are simply amazing and professional designed system. Eventually, players select Spain for the national team careers for competing with the best. Naturalizing player in his 14 and in his 25 are way way more different things. Now, Doncic is getting Spanish basketball mentality and will come in view as Spanish basketball player in 5 years. This is the same system that we perform. Turkish basketball find some quality talents from Turkic and Balkan countries and offer better conditions to them when they are under 15. Spain is doing the same thing globally. Their scouting system is adorable. Spain basketball federation has some desks in some African country.

This will be his choice, Doncic can decide to play in Spanish basketball team and nobody can judge him. If you ask me, if it is essential to play in Spanish NT, I don't think so, if you are a Slovenian. I would probably choose Slovenia since that country has future.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Luka Doncic has recently had a conversation with Sasa Djordjevic and he will probably play for Serbia. He and his father are a huge fun of Crvena Zvezda, and it is in favor of Serbia. According to his father he will play for Serbia or Slovenia, not for Spain 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Urk395 View Post
              Luka Doncic has recently had a conversation with Sasa Djordjevic and he will probably play for Serbia. He and his father are a huge fun of Crvena Zvezda, and it is in favor of Serbia. According to his father he will play for Serbia or Slovenia, not for Spain 100 percent.
              Just as likely as Blic becoming a reliable media any time soon
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

he will play for slovenija. đorđević said so today and admited he tried to recruit him

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                  Man I understand you completely. We're constantly naturalising Bosnian centers as well and as much I do cheer for them and wish them all the best, it's not really something that would make me proud.

It's one thing if f.e. Georgia naturalises a PG or so as they obviously don't have any, Finland a center etc., but with these NT's that player can mean a lot and can make a big difference when popularisation of basketball is concerned. Slovenia, Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Germany and some others are just outdoing/abusing all that.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                    Man I understand you completely. We're constantly naturalising Bosnian centers as well and as much I do cheer for them and wish them all the best, it's not really something that would make me proud.

It's one thing if f.e. Georgia naturalises a PG or so as they obviously don't have any, Finland a center etc., but with these NT's that player can mean a lot and can make a big difference when popularisation of basketball is concerned. Slovenia, Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Germany and some others are just outdoing/abusing all that.
                    I don,t think that Turkey is just abusing all that. IMHO it,s normal being for them, since 90's..... Mirsad Turkan, Ermal Kuqo, Emir Preldzic, Ersan Elyasov, Kenan Sepahi, Cedi Osman( he was born in Makedonia. Yes, his father is turkish, but still....) and two newcomers Farmar and Andrew Goudelock..... I,m really satisfied that only ONE naturalized player can play for NT's. Because if Turkey is given the REAL CHANCE to naturalize 12 players, without any doubt that if they would have this opportunity with big pleasure would use that "amazing" chance.....
                    Last edited by vaslover; 05-26-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Doncic has won the ACB league at age of 16. It is a record?

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        When I saw Doncic 2 years ago for first time it was clear he is special. He already knew how to play just like Rubio few years ago.

From Croatia there are 2 clear prospects for now. 212cm tall Kresimir Nikic and 205 SF/PF Darko Bajo. Nikic is not just premature tall guy like Musli was, he has that kind game that you emediatly link with Gasol and Tomic. He can play on peremiter and inside and see evrything on court. He is expected to reach 219cm. Bigest question is his body developmet. He looks scary skinny. Darko Bajo on other hand is like beast at moment. He has lot of quistion marks, but he has clear NBA type of body athleticisam and lenght, atlest that is how he looks at moment.

If Nikic can reach 220 cm, which will be awesome. He, Rikic Robert(219 cm) and Frano Marasovic( 216 cm) would combine "Three Towers" as Center. Bender(212 cm), Zubac (214 cm) and Zizic (210 cm) can play as PF.
                        Last edited by tallwestman; 08-06-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tallwestman View Post
                          If Nikic can reach 220 cm, which will be awesome. He, Rikic Robert(219 cm) and Frano Marasovic( 216 cm) would combine "Three Towers" as Center. Bender(212 cm), Zubac (214 cm) and Zizic (210 cm) can play as PF.
                          Question is will they be athletic enough to play in modern basketball? I know PF trio can (Bender, Zubac and Zizic) but not sure about Centers.
                          Pohani maybe you can answer that.
                          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

EC U16 starts today. We will see all the prospects

Comment

Originally posted by felix_r View Post
                              EC U16 starts today. We will see all the prospects
                              Not all. The best one isn't playing.
                              1 hour for the MUsa show to start.

Comment

BIH vs. SRB

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information