European prospects born 99'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European prospects born 99'

Luka Dončič just debuted for Real's first team as the youngest player in their history.
    There is something special about the kid, he just had to score that triple as soon as he got the ball, kind of that positive arogance.

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

I don't like to guesstimate on a 16 years old kid but the MVP of last Pınar International Cup Ahmet Can Duran makes me think this guy will be a monster in paint. His amazing rebound skill and also fairly well shoot percentage for a center make him to be considered as one of the biggest prospects of Europe. Since he is too young and most of the opponents of him haven't completed their physical development, he has to work hard to remain at the top of the list.

I also like Onuralp Bitim who is the son of ex-Turkish basketballer Mustafa Kemal Bitim. He is the definition of natural born scorer. This kid has everything, excellent defense and good penetration skill are his signatures. He also needs to get stronger physically and pass the ball a little bit more. In some parts of game, he transforms to a selfish player which I don't like.

There are also some good players but I opt for waiting.

And, Doncic. He is the only non-Turkish player that I follow up in this generation and I have one word for him. This guy will be ''phenomenon'', I hope.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I was sceptical at first about Dončič due to some of the ussual stuff as I'm not really used to judge 14, 15 years old players that ussualy have a bit more primitive shooting mechanics, of course don't develop that explosiveness yet etc. but after this season and L'hospitalet tournament in particular, he denied just about every weakness I was trying to nitpick on him and I realised i really do suck at evaluating players below the age of 16. His shooting mechanics are becoming more fluid than I hoped for, he isn't developing into that onedimensional shooter type but combines threat from long range with penetration and passes, doesn't shy away from contact and physicaly promises to develop more than just decent athleticism.

one more, alley up from Dončič

Olimpija's youth school, while being subpar in it's old days when they were basicaly just buying off promising kids raised in other smaller bball schools, is doing a great job in recent years. Apart from Dončič, they also brought up Jure Macura, now with Baskonia youth teams, 205 cm 99' born. He is supposed to be very intriguing due to a combination of inteligence, personality, motorics along wih size and along with his technical skills.
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

When I saw Doncic 2 years ago for first time it was clear he is special. He already knew how to play just like Rubio few years ago.

From Croatia there are 2 clear prospects for now. 212cm tall Kresimir Nikic and 205 SF/PF Darko Bajo. Nikic is not just premature tall guy like Musli was, he has that kind game that you emediatly link with Gasol and Tomic. He can play on peremiter and inside and see evrything on court. He is expected to reach 219cm. Bigest question is his body developmet. He looks scary skinny. Darko Bajo on other hand is like beast at moment. He has lot of quistion marks, but he has clear NBA type of body athleticisam and lenght, atlest that is how he looks at moment.

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

There is a huge hype around Džanan Musa after last year U16 European Championship where he was a top scorer(23 points per game), and what makes it even more impressively, he was one year younger than most of the players. His first step and ball handling skills are amazing, same with his attacing the basket skills. But his shooting mechanics and overall shooting ability isn't so great at this moment.

Njegoš Sikiraš is widely considered as the best power forward of his generation. At this moment, of course. Sikiraš was very impressive on this year Jordan Brand Classic game(14 points, 8 rebounds). He is now around 203 - 204 cm, he will be great if he grows couple of cm more.
          Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Sale Djordjevic, Luka and his father.

doncic.jpg

Comment

Luka Doncic when he was a child

CFNuNbeUIAMRUhS.jpg

Comment

luka doncic is beast! maybe next european superstar!? it's been to long since europe gave truly amazing player (parker, dirk, pau), hope luka is next. btw. don't get all excited serbian friends, luka will play for slovenija

Comment

Did Spain already stole Luka Doncic from Slovenia? Seems like a special talent. However, might be a tweener for the NBA. I see him more like SF for the NBA standards. Didn't see him much to judge, but I have some doubts he's not quick enough to play SG in NBA.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Did Spain already stole Luka Doncic from Slovenia? Seems like a special talent. However, might be a tweener for the NBA. I see him more like SF for the NBA standards. Didn't see him much to judge, but I have some doubts he's not quick enough to play SG in NBA.
                    Saw him in Euroleague final, in my opinion he is combo guard, reminds me De Colo.

Comment

It is better to wait at least two more seasons to judge his abilities. He is too young to be evaluated. He has talent but still as 16 yo guy needs to do tons of things to be a good player.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

He improved his lateral quickness over the last year, which was my biggest fear as far as his talent goes, as of now he definately isn't the quickest man out there, but than again his penetration of the dribble is a noticably different topic when he is facing his own age group. I agree that as far as NBA goes, his current height might be a bit of an issue for a SF, but that also depends on his wingspan and standingspan for which I've never seen any particular numbers. He is currently marked as 198 or 199cm tall, while hopefully he woud grow another centimeter or two, shouldn't be unussual considering his age.

He was overdoing it in the finals, jacking up threes as he had troubles matching physical aspects with Zvezda's players, commited 4 or 5 To's out of attempts for some flashy passes, however when those work out for him, he is terrific

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Did Spain already stole Luka Doncic from Slovenia?
                          i heard they tried but he refused them. don't know how much is true

Comment

Originally posted by miloje View Post
                            i heard they tried but he refused them. don't know how much is true
                            It's a long story with ups and downs, to cut it short: Saša Dončič created a whole havoc by saying to one reporter "he'll decide which team he'll play for, I trust his judgement" and of course many took that as a sign that Luka has not decided yet, while he is not allowed to give any interviews at this age. As far as I heard an offer from Spanish federation has been made, but he rejected it.
                            Otherwise people that know him, claim he is quite fanatical about Slovenian NT, his father was given a job of a coach assistant of Slovenian B NT probably not entirely without calculations, owns Nesterovič (federation president) a substantial favour and whole federation was (at least 2 years ago) pretty much determined he'll be placed on senior NT roster, at least for preparation stages as soon as the rules allow him to (16 years of age). The question as of now is basicaly weather he'll play at U16 or U18 div B championship along with having a run with the senior NT.

Comment

At the halftime, Doncic has 2 points, 2 rebound and 1 foul drawn to 5 of PIR vs Laboral Kutxa (49 - 35 to Laboral)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information