European prospects born 98'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
    Yurtseven with 91 points, 28 rebounds, 5 assists in the 7th-8th Classification game in Turkish U-18 Championship. The god mode was on. He is playing very well in the tournament however his efforts were inadequate to make his team reaching SFs in Championship. This Fenerbahçe team's backcourt is so pathetic that they can't produce anything but giving the ball to Yurtseven in every occasion. This game was just an extraordinary one, you see this kind of performance once in a century (34/49 2P, 5/11 3P, 8/13 FT).
    You must be kidding,91 points? Are you serious? Opponent team must be joke because Yurtseven is not that great talent,just has mature body comparing with his peers. I don't see anything special on him but the last guy who ever made the similar stats in Turkish youth teams was Enes Kanter. I heard somewhere that Kanter adviced him to leave Fenerbahçe and to go to NCAA but the source of this rumor is not reliable. Anyway,looks that they have so many similarities and the same mentality but I don't think Ömer Yurtseven is even close to Enes Kanter's talentwise.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
      You must be kidding,91 points? Are you serious? Opponent team must be joke because Yurtseven is not that great talent,just has mature body comparing with his peers. I don't see anything special on him but the last guy who ever made the similar stats in Turkish youth teams was Enes Kanter. I heard somewhere that Kanter adviced him to leave Fenerbahçe and to go to NCAA but the source of this rumor is not reliable. Anyway,looks that they have so many similarities and the same mentality but I don't think Ömer Yurtseven is even close to Enes Kanter's talentwise.
      I don't agree with you, Yurtseven is a great talent. Just because Kanter was more offensive polished center doesn't mean Yurtseven is not that great talent. Also while evaluating the talent aspect, you need to take account of the defensive structure of a player where Yurtseven outweighs Kanter's U-days. Yurtseven and Kanter are different type of centers and comparing them doesn't make sense at all. Yurtseven is a complete center who can attack and defend. He is a block threat, fills the paint well (not because of his mature body as you mentioned but because of the positioning defense that he knows better) and almost the same level rebounder as good as Kanter. Also, he doesn't have that mature body in comparison to his peers. The hyping over him comes from the technique that he has. He actually doesn't use his body effectively on offense which is one of few minus points about him. He has perimeter range, 3 point threat, great combos while posting up, soft touch and as I mentioned highly respected defensive skills. How many complete center do you know who can do these things both in NBA and Euroleague? Sorry but it is an ignorance to claim that he is not ''that'' great talent.

Also yeah, 91 points. I didn't watch the game but don't think the opponent is a joke since in the previous games they did well against other teams. Also watched couple of games in this championship and can guarantee you that Yurtseven did well against the guys who are physically superior than him. It is all about technique, not mature body.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I don't agree with you, Yurtseven is a great talent. Just because Kanter was more offensive polished center doesn't mean Yurtseven is not that great talent. Also while evaluating the talent aspect, you need to take account of the defensive structure of a player where Yurtseven outweighs Kanter's U-days. Yurtseven and Kanter are different type of centers and comparing them doesn't make sense at all. Yurtseven is a complete center who can attack and defend. He is a block threat, fills the paint well (not because of his mature body as you mentioned but because of the positioning defense that he knows better) and almost the same level rebounder as good as Kanter. Also, he doesn't have that mature body in comparison to his peers. The hyping over him comes from the technique that he has. He actually doesn't use his body effectively on offense which is one of few minus points about him. He has perimeter range, 3 point threat, great combos while posting up, soft touch and as I mentioned highly respected defensive skills. How many complete center do you know who can do these things both in NBA and Euroleague? Sorry but it is an ignorance to claim that he is not ''that'' great talent.

Also yeah, 91 points. I didn't watch the game but don't think the opponent is a joke since in the previous games they did well against other teams. Also watched couple of games in this championship and can guarantee you that Yurtseven did well against the guys who are physically superior than him. It is all about technique, not mature body.
        I personally don't give any fuck to individual performances of Turkish youngsters,especially when it's in a local competition. In the last year,I watched couple of Turkish U18 team games to see how Ömer Faruk is. What I saw is that he sucked against a Greek big boy(forgot his name) and was so shy. He made like 8 points,6 rebounds and was always afraid to go to basket. For me,important thing is how he performs when he steps up the court with the beasts and how he reacts to athletic Afro-Am's or any other Euro big. He's a typical Turkish hyping for me,doesn't matter what he made against 1.98m center in a local league's qualification game

Comment

I personally don't give any fuck to individual performances of Turkish youngsters,especially when it's in a local competition. In the last year,I watched couple of Turkish U18 team games to see how Ömer Faruk is. What I saw is that he sucked against a Greek big boy(forgot his name) and was so shy. He made like 8 points,6 rebounds and was always afraid to go to basket. For me,important thing is how he performs when he steps up the court with the beasts and how he reacts to athletic Afro-Am's or any other Euro big. He's a typical Turkish hyping for me,doesn't matter what he made against 1.98m center in a local league's qualification game
          Such a meaningless example to make a judgment about a player. He was one year younger than almost every center in that tournament so it is normal for him to be hard put to show his skills in that tournament. You rarely see a player beasting who is one year younger than the others since one year difference is making a huge impact on the performances where they don't complete their physical tools and differences appear among the players (Just think how Bitim and Korkmaz' game had evolved in progress of one year time). When specifically examine that Turkish team, Korkmaz was the leader of team and getting help from Taşkıran and Yurtseven when it is needed. Despite his role which is limiting him, he put very good numbers in QF and SF and shouldered the team until the final. Watching couple of games don't give you a right to call him typical Turkish hyping. Last year he averaged 24.8 PPG in ANGT against his peers which is a very good indicator. Also, this year before the bad incident occurred between him and Obradovic, he got some convincing minutes in the league. For example Beşiktaş - Fenerbahçe game where he simply dominated our paint at age 17.

Local U-League means a little but you need to look at with whom did he tackle in the other games. He played against Görkem Doğan who represented us in Albert Schweitzer Tournament and is known as a very good rebounder and defender. He scored 27 points in that game while cleaning the boards with 18 rebounds. To judge him, we need to watch him this year in European Championship where he is expected to show some lethal performances. You don't have a valid ground to say he is overhyped. That's nothing but pure ignorance.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Such a meaningless example to make a judgment about a player. He was one year younger than almost every center in that tournament so it is normal for him to be hard put to show his skills in that tournament. You rarely see a player beasting who is one year younger than the others since one year difference is making a huge impact on the performances where they don't complete their physical tools and differences appear among the players (Just think how Bitim and Korkmaz' game had evolved in progress of one year time). When specifically examine that Turkish team, Korkmaz was the leader of team and getting help from Taşkıran and Yurtseven when it is needed. Despite his role which is limiting him, he put very good numbers in QF and SF and shouldered the team until the final. Watching couple of games don't give you a right to call him typical Turkish hyping. Last year he averaged 24.8 PPG in ANGT against his peers which is a very good indicator. Also, this year before the bad incident occurred between him and Obradovic, he got some convincing minutes in the league. For example Beşiktaş - Fenerbahçe game where he simply dominated our paint at age 17.

Local U-League means a little but you need to look at with whom did he tackle in the other games. He played against Görkem Doğan who represented us in Albert Schweitzer Tournament and is known as a very good rebounder and defender. He scored 27 points in that game while cleaning the boards with 18 rebounds. To judge him, we need to watch him this year in European Championship where he is expected to show some lethal performances. You don't have a valid ground to say he is overhyped. That's nothing but pure ignorance.
            Ok,we gonna see what will happen,sounds remind me Emre Bayav a lot! It also reminds me the discussions about Egemen Güven and you must know how he performs in his team. One of the huge problems of Turkish basketball,overhyping that causes overpaying and wasting of the talents. I just hope you'll be right and I'll be wrong and arrogant.

Comment

Yurtseven with 91 points, 28 rebounds, 5 assists in the 7th-8th Classification game in Turkish U-18 Championship. The god mode was on. He is playing very well in the tournament however his efforts were inadequate to make his team reaching SFs in Championship. This Fenerbahçe team's backcourt is so pathetic that they can't produce anything but giving the ball to Yurtseven in every occasion. This game was just an extraordinary one, you see this kind of performance once in a century (34/49 2P, 5/11 3P, 8/13 FT).
              Wow! Same situation with Drazen Petrovic

On October 5 1985, a 21-year old Drazen Petrovic scored 112 points in a single game.
              The basketball legend was playing for Cibona when they faced SMELT Olimpija Ljubljana in round 1 of the Yugoslavian league.
              Due to an administrative error the Slovenian team went to Zagreb just with juniores (the secretary of SMELT Rado Lorbek forgot to register the new players).
              Petrovic, in agreement with his teammate Zeljko Pavlicevic, decided to break the record of Radivoj Korac who had scored 74 points in one game back in 1962.

Petrovic finished the first half with 67 points and at the final buzzer he had 112 points in Cibona’s win 158-77.

Cibona - Smelt Olimpija 158: 77 (77:34)
              Cibona: Drazen Petrovic, Danko Cvjeticanin, Zoran Cutura, Sven Ušić, Michael Nakic, Franjo Arapovic, Branko Vukicevic, Damir Pavličević, Adnan Bečić, Ivo Nakic, Drazen Anzulović, Vlado Rizman, John Šoštarec and Nebojsa Razić

Smelt Olimpija Jure Zorčić, Igor Djurovic, Joze Macek, Gregor Stražiščar, Marjaž Strmole, Tine Erjavec Andrej novelty, Tine Merzelj, Doug King
              https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

The same situation? C'mon man. One scored in some 7-8th placing game in u-18 league, other scored in Yugoslavian league game... I don't want to take anything away from Yurtseven, but this comparison is just ain't right

Comment

You're too serious! I just don't recall that anyone else has scored 90+ points in a professional tournament in Europe the last few years, and the most memorable for me was the case of a game Cibona. If you remember other such game write here!

Latest crazy scoring heros, without thinking Erik McColoum in China, and Terell Stoglin in Lebanon, but its only 2nd divisions championships.
                  https://twitter.com/MicaHack

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
                    You're too serious! I just don't recall that anyone else has scored 90+ points in a professional tournament in Europe the last few years, and the most memorable for me was the case of a game Cibona. If you remember other such game write here!
                    I am really serious person, preparing for EL final, what else to expect On a serious note, I remember some Albanian scored 100 recently in his league. But I'm not sure if it's better than Turkish u18

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      I am really serious person, preparing for EL final, what else to expect On a serious note, I remember some Albanian scored 100 recently in his league. But I'm not sure if it's better than Turkish u18
                      But mate, the great Drazen made this record against Juniors, while he was 21 years old, so from some point it seems that Yurtseven had more difficult job.

Comment

Borisa Simanic is this years ANGT final tournament MVP! Great future is in front of this guy,we signed 4 years contract with him,hopefully he'll get a proper chance in our senior team next year!
                        Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                        SG/PG: Walden
                        SG: Loyd
                        SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                        SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                        PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                        PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                        C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

Originally posted by Mika Hakinen View Post

Latest crazy scoring heros, without thinking Erik McColoum in China, and Terell Stoglin in Lebanon, but its only 2nd divisions championships.

Yurtseven headed to NCState. Bonehead accidently put a State in there should be going to North Carolina. Should get lots of opportunities there. Most of their bigs are moving on.
                          Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                          2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                          Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                            Yurtseven headed to NCState. Bonehead accidently put a State in there should be going to North Carolina. Should get lots of opportunities there. Most of their bigs are moving on.
                            Hi ncjazz,do you think that NCState is good place for a young big man's development? How many bigs are drafted from there in the last years? Thanks.

Comment

Hi ncjazz,do you think that NCState is good place for a young big man's development? How many bigs are drafted from there in the last years? Thanks.
                              Believe so. NC State has not gotten a lot of big recruits until recently. They will have one of the best PG recruits playing next year. They dont have many other bigs so he should get a lot of playing time. Believe that is one reason he chose them instead of schools like Kentucky or Arizona. Playing in the ACC will give him good exposure.
                              Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                              2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                              Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information