Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European prospects born 98'

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Yurtseven with 91 points, 28 rebounds, 5 assists in the 7th-8th Classification game in Turkish U-18 Championship. The god mode was on. He is playing very well in the tournament however his efforts were inadequate to make his team reaching SFs in Championship. This Fenerbahçe team's backcourt is so pathetic that they can't produce anything but giving the ball to Yurtseven in every occasion. This game was just an extraordinary one, you see this kind of performance once in a century (34/49 2P, 5/11 3P, 8/13 FT).
    Wow! Same situation with Drazen Petrovic

On October 5 1985, a 21-year old Drazen Petrovic scored 112 points in a single game.
    The basketball legend was playing for Cibona when they faced SMELT Olimpija Ljubljana in round 1 of the Yugoslavian league.
    Due to an administrative error the Slovenian team went to Zagreb just with juniores (the secretary of SMELT Rado Lorbek forgot to register the new players).
    Petrovic, in agreement with his teammate Zeljko Pavlicevic, decided to break the record of Radivoj Korac who had scored 74 points in one game back in 1962.

Petrovic finished the first half with 67 points and at the final buzzer he had 112 points in Cibona’s win 158-77.

Cibona - Smelt Olimpija 158: 77 (77:34)
    Cibona: Drazen Petrovic, Danko Cvjeticanin, Zoran Cutura, Sven Ušić, Michael Nakic, Franjo Arapovic, Branko Vukicevic, Damir Pavličević, Adnan Bečić, Ivo Nakic, Drazen Anzulović, Vlado Rizman, John Šoštarec and Nebojsa Razić

Smelt Olimpija Jure Zorčić, Igor Djurovic, Joze Macek, Gregor Stražiščar, Marjaž Strmole, Tine Erjavec Andrej novelty, Tine Merzelj, Doug King

The same situation? C'mon man. One scored in some 7-8th placing game in u-18 league, other scored in Yugoslavian league game... I don't want to take anything away from Yurtseven, but this comparison is just ain't right

You're too serious! I just don't recall that anyone else has scored 90+ points in a professional tournament in Europe the last few years, and the most memorable for me was the case of a game Cibona. If you remember other such game write here!

Latest crazy scoring heros, without thinking Erik McColoum in China, and Terell Stoglin in Lebanon, but its only 2nd divisions championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
    You're too serious! I just don't recall that anyone else has scored 90+ points in a professional tournament in Europe the last few years, and the most memorable for me was the case of a game Cibona. If you remember other such game write here!
    I am really serious person, preparing for EL final, what else to expect On a serious note, I remember some Albanian scored 100 recently in his league. But I'm not sure if it's better than Turkish u18

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I am really serious person, preparing for EL final, what else to expect On a serious note, I remember some Albanian scored 100 recently in his league. But I'm not sure if it's better than Turkish u18
    But mate, the great Drazen made this record against Juniors, while he was 21 years old, so from some point it seems that Yurtseven had more difficult job.

Borisa Simanic is this years ANGT final tournament MVP! Great future is in front of this guy,we signed 4 years contract with him,hopefully he'll get a proper chance in our senior team next year!
    Crvena Zvezda 2019/2020
    RETURNING EL MEMBER

PG: L.Brown, Covic
    SG/PG Jenkins, Nenadic
    SG: Baron
    SF/SG:Lazic, Dobric
    SF: Perperoglou, Davidovac
    PF: D.Brown, Simanic, Faye
    PF/C: Gist
    C: Kuzmic, Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Hakinen View Post

Latest crazy scoring heros, without thinking Erik McColoum in China, and Terell Stoglin in Lebanon, but its only 2nd divisions championships.

Yurtseven headed to NCState. Bonehead accidently put a State in there should be going to North Carolina. Should get lots of opportunities there. Most of their bigs are moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Yurtseven headed to NCState. Bonehead accidently put a State in there should be going to North Carolina. Should get lots of opportunities there. Most of their bigs are moving on.
    Hi ncjazz,do you think that NCState is good place for a young big man's development? How many bigs are drafted from there in the last years? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    Hi ncjazz,do you think that NCState is good place for a young big man's development? How many bigs are drafted from there in the last years? Thanks.
    Believe so. NC State has not gotten a lot of big recruits until recently. They will have one of the best PG recruits playing next year. They dont have many other bigs so he should get a lot of playing time. Believe that is one reason he chose them instead of schools like Kentucky or Arizona. Playing in the ACC will give him good exposure.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    He is going to look good in a Jazz uni. I will assume he and his agent put in decent buyout numbers in his contract.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16

Sedekerskis played lots of minutes in preseason games in Baskonia and scored 12 pts in the first ACB game. If he manages to keep going with playing in Euroleague as well it would be awesone for a 18 y.o. guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12