Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European prospects born 98'

Default European prospects born 98'

and born in '98?

http://www.eurohopes.com/rankings/1998

tadas sedekerskis (2.01), played some minutes in three games with baskonia in ACB. the next season he will be loaned again, but I hope that in the 2016/17 he will be in the first team.

Feel free to create a new thread in such instances

Interesting enough that Dos Anjos is ranked as low with eurohopes 98' rankings. Sure he needs to bulk up, but most of the players of his age and height (218cm) are barely able to walk properly, let alone play basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Ömer Faruk Yurtseven playing for Fenerbahçe extremely intriguing player. He has very good post skills.When he got the ball in the low post hard to defend him. Additionally he can shot the ball reliable mid range shot, very present with his rebounding but also a great threat as a shot blocker. His nice length and excellent timing make him a superbly interesting talent for the highest level as he has all the tools to become a dominant player on both sides of the court. One of the best prospect in whole europe.

Ömer Faruk Yurtseven(6' 10'') is the updated version of Ömer Faruk Aşık. He is the most dominant player in this generation. Among all Turkish prospects, he gives me the most enthusiasm with Tolga Geçim. He dominated every single category in Euroleague Junior Tournament except assist category. Great footwork, can shoot mid range and 3 pts, so active on boards and amazing defense. Superb block timing and he has already started to bulk. He already took some minutes from Obra. The brightest prospect imo here.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Ömer Faruk Yurtseven(6' 10'') is the updated version of Ömer Faruk Aşık. He is the most dominant player in this generation. Among all Turkish prospects, he gives me the most enthusiasm with Tolga Geçim. He dominated every single category in Euroleague Junior Tournament except assist category. Great footwork, can shoot mid range and 3 pts, so active on boards and amazing defense. Superb block timing and he has already started to bulk. He already took some minutes from Obra. The brightest prospect imo here.
    Ömer Faruk is really different and I think his ceiling is higher than Aşık. He has a really polished offense and footwork for his age, which Aşık never had and he has a much better teacher who can help him become a legend

Ömer Utku Al can be the best PG prospect that we have ever had. Stats say this. He is the assist leader of latest U-16 championship with 6.7 assists average which has never been had by another Turkish PG. The closest assist average belongs to Kenan Sipahi which is 5.3 assists per game.

Since he is playing for Beşiktaş, I have more opportunity to follow him. Pure talent for this position. He is a good defender and energic guy. He took the second place in steal category in same tournament. He really makes his opponent feel suffocated on court. Court vision, high passing ability, aggressiveness on ball, fairly well penetration skill, quickness and determination can be used for describing this guy. He is also shooting the threes with acceptable percentage which is 40% and fairly good for this type of a guard. One of the most underrated talents of our generation maybe because of the other prospects have pride of place more. I really expect him to contribute more from the different departments of basketball incoming European championship.

Kerem Tunçeri's assist average at this age was : 2,4
    Ender Arslan's : 3,2
    Kenan Sipahi's : 5,0
    Barış Ermiş's : 3,3
    Doğuş Balbay's : 3,3

His weakness is his body, he needs to get stronger and I hope he will be taller a little bit more. He is currently 1.81 which is a huge drawback for him. His game is mature but I hope his body will be mature as well in short term.

P.S: I feel weird when we have a PG prospect, Turkish national team have always struggled with narrow PG rotation.
    Last edited by slice me nice; 05-01-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Ömer Faruk Yurtseven is awarded as MVP at Basketball Without Borders Camp where the best players of this generation performs together. He is improving his game day by day. I heard that he makes three points too this year. A dominant center who shoots the ball behind the arc. It sounds so scary

Best german player, big with 3, in 97 and 98 germans have great generation

Gregory Motovilov(BC Zenit)

9IPvJIuyBwg.jpg

features:
    Leadership 83%
    Athleticism 81%
    Ball handing 77%
    Passing 62%
    Rebounding 69%
    Jump shot 77%
    3pt shot 70%
    Drive 85%
    Play without the ball 65%
    Defense 1x1 70%
    IQ game 72%
    Quickness 89%
    Team defense 68%
    Size for amplua 68%
    Potential 74%
    Overall 1110

Position: shooting guard
    Date of birth: 07.02.1998
    Height: 189
    Weight: 77

CAREER AND TRAINING

Club: BC Triumph-Zenit
    School: sport school of CSKA

Debut in VTB against Vita Georgia: 6.0p 7.0ass 2.0reb 11.0per 41.0+-
    he also played in the Russian Cup for the main team

Stats in young VTB league: 22.5p 4.3ass 4.0reb 17.8per 16.3+- in 4 g

Profile in VTB
    http://www.vtb-league.com/ru/player/....htm?sid=91477
    In Eurocup
    http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...asoncode=U2015
    in Young VTB
    http://www.vtbyouth-league.com/ru/pl....htm?sid=92191
    Last edited by Mika Hakinen; 11-30-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Ömer Faruk Yurtseven is awarded as MVP at Basketball Without Borders Camp where the best players of this generation performs together. He is improving his game day by day. I heard that he makes three points too this year. A dominant center who shoots the ball behind the arc. It sounds so scary
    If he gets his way he is a goner after this season. Apparently for this year's BWB they did a mock draft and Yurtseven was the first pick.

ANGT in Belgrade has started and Crvena Zvezda demolished Buducnost in the first game. The star of the game was Borisa Simanic who had a 34pt, 11rb, 2as, 2bl and 1st game, on 11/13 shooting for 2pt, 4/7 shooting for 3pt and 44 PIR. He was measured now 6'11'' in shoes with a 7'3" wingspan and is getting stronger and more agressive. He turns 18 on March 20th and he will be eligible for a new pro contract with Zvezda.

Radanov had a great game too, 24pt, 4as, 4st on 9/11 shooting. He is another '98 player expecting to step up to the senior team in the coming year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    ANGT in Belgrade has started and Crvena Zvezda demolished Buducnost in the first game. The star of the game was Borisa Simanic who had a 34pt, 11rb, 2as, 2bl and 1st game, on 11/13 shooting for 2pt, 4/7 shooting for 3pt and 44 PIR. He was measured now 6'11'' in shoes with a 7'3" wingspan and is getting stronger and more agressive. He turns 18 on March 20th and he will be eligible for a new pro contract with Zvezda.

Radanov had a great game too, 24pt, 4as, 4st on 9/11 shooting. He is another '98 player expecting to step up to the senior team in the coming year or two.
    Simanic would look good on the Wisconsin Badgers indeed. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Simanic would look good on the Wisconsin Badgers indeed. Just kidding.
    Heheh. Why would anyone wish Wisconsin on a young person.

I would love him at Siracuse though

Yurtseven with 91 points, 28 rebounds, 5 assists in the 7th-8th Classification game in Turkish U-18 Championship. The god mode was on. He is playing very well in the tournament however his efforts were inadequate to make his team reaching SFs in Championship. This Fenerbahçe team's backcourt is so pathetic that they can't produce anything but giving the ball to Yurtseven in every occasion. This game was just an extraordinary one, you see this kind of performance once in a century (34/49 2P, 5/11 3P, 8/13 FT).

Yurtseven with 91 points, 28 rebounds, 5 assists in the 7th-8th Classification game in Turkish U-18 Championship. The god mode was on. He is playing very well in the tournament however his efforts were inadequate to make his team reaching SFs in Championship. This Fenerbahçe team's backcourt is so pathetic that they can't produce anything but giving the ball to Yurtseven in every occasion. This game was just an extraordinary one, you see this kind of performance once in a century (34/49 2P, 5/11 3P, 8/13 FT).
    You must be kidding,91 points? Are you serious? Opponent team must be joke because Yurtseven is not that great talent,just has mature body comparing with his peers. I don't see anything special on him but the last guy who ever made the similar stats in Turkish youth teams was Enes Kanter. I heard somewhere that Kanter adviced him to leave Fenerbahçe and to go to NCAA but the source of this rumor is not reliable. Anyway,looks that they have so many similarities and the same mentality but I don't think Ömer Yurtseven is even close to Enes Kanter's talentwise.

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    You must be kidding,91 points? Are you serious? Opponent team must be joke because Yurtseven is not that great talent,just has mature body comparing with his peers. I don't see anything special on him but the last guy who ever made the similar stats in Turkish youth teams was Enes Kanter. I heard somewhere that Kanter adviced him to leave Fenerbahçe and to go to NCAA but the source of this rumor is not reliable. Anyway,looks that they have so many similarities and the same mentality but I don't think Ömer Yurtseven is even close to Enes Kanter's talentwise.
    I don't agree with you, Yurtseven is a great talent. Just because Kanter was more offensive polished center doesn't mean Yurtseven is not that great talent. Also while evaluating the talent aspect, you need to take account of the defensive structure of a player where Yurtseven outweighs Kanter's U-days. Yurtseven and Kanter are different type of centers and comparing them doesn't make sense at all. Yurtseven is a complete center who can attack and defend. He is a block threat, fills the paint well (not because of his mature body as you mentioned but because of the positioning defense that he knows better) and almost the same level rebounder as good as Kanter. Also, he doesn't have that mature body in comparison to his peers. The hyping over him comes from the technique that he has. He actually doesn't use his body effectively on offense which is one of few minus points about him. He has perimeter range, 3 point threat, great combos while posting up, soft touch and as I mentioned highly respected defensive skills. How many complete center do you know who can do these things both in NBA and Euroleague? Sorry but it is an ignorance to claim that he is not ''that'' great talent.

Also yeah, 91 points. I didn't watch the game but don't think the opponent is a joke since in the previous games they did well against other teams. Also watched couple of games in this championship and can guarantee you that Yurtseven did well against the guys who are physically superior than him. It is all about technique, not mature body.

I don't agree with you, Yurtseven is a great talent. Just because Kanter was more offensive polished center doesn't mean Yurtseven is not that great talent. Also while evaluating the talent aspect, you need to take account of the defensive structure of a player where Yurtseven outweighs Kanter's U-days. Yurtseven and Kanter are different type of centers and comparing them doesn't make sense at all. Yurtseven is a complete center who can attack and defend. He is a block threat, fills the paint well (not because of his mature body as you mentioned but because of the positioning defense that he knows better) and almost the same level rebounder as good as Kanter. Also, he doesn't have that mature body in comparison to his peers. The hyping over him comes from the technique that he has. He actually doesn't use his body effectively on offense which is one of few minus points about him. He has perimeter range, 3 point threat, great combos while posting up, soft touch and as I mentioned highly respected defensive skills. How many complete center do you know who can do these things both in NBA and Euroleague? Sorry but it is an ignorance to claim that he is not ''that'' great talent.

Also yeah, 91 points. I didn't watch the game but don't think the opponent is a joke since in the previous games they did well against other teams. Also watched couple of games in this championship and can guarantee you that Yurtseven did well against the guys who are physically superior than him. It is all about technique, not mature body.
    I personally don't give any fuck to individual performances of Turkish youngsters,especially when it's in a local competition. In the last year,I watched couple of Turkish U18 team games to see how Ömer Faruk is. What I saw is that he sucked against a Greek big boy(forgot his name) and was so shy. He made like 8 points,6 rebounds and was always afraid to go to basket. For me,important thing is how he performs when he steps up the court with the beasts and how he reacts to athletic Afro-Am's or any other Euro big. He's a typical Turkish hyping for me,doesn't matter what he made against 1.98m center in a local league's qualification game

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    I personally don't give any fuck to individual performances of Turkish youngsters,especially when it's in a local competition. In the last year,I watched couple of Turkish U18 team games to see how Ömer Faruk is. What I saw is that he sucked against a Greek big boy(forgot his name) and was so shy. He made like 8 points,6 rebounds and was always afraid to go to basket. For me,important thing is how he performs when he steps up the court with the beasts and how he reacts to athletic Afro-Am's or any other Euro big. He's a typical Turkish hyping for me,doesn't matter what he made against 1.98m center in a local league's qualification game
    Such a meaningless example to make a judgment about a player. He was one year younger than almost every center in that tournament so it is normal for him to be hard put to show his skills in that tournament. You rarely see a player beasting who is one year younger than the others since one year difference is making a huge impact on the performances where they don't complete their physical tools and differences appear among the players (Just think how Bitim and Korkmaz' game had evolved in progress of one year time). When specifically examine that Turkish team, Korkmaz was the leader of team and getting help from Taşkıran and Yurtseven when it is needed. Despite his role which is limiting him, he put very good numbers in QF and SF and shouldered the team until the final. Watching couple of games don't give you a right to call him typical Turkish hyping. Last year he averaged 24.8 PPG in ANGT against his peers which is a very good indicator. Also, this year before the bad incident occurred between him and Obradovic, he got some convincing minutes in the league. For example Beşiktaş - Fenerbahçe game where he simply dominated our paint at age 17.

Local U-League means a little but you need to look at with whom did he tackle in the other games. He played against Görkem Doğan who represented us in Albert Schweitzer Tournament and is known as a very good rebounder and defender. He scored 27 points in that game while cleaning the boards with 18 rebounds. To judge him, we need to watch him this year in European Championship where he is expected to show some lethal performances. You don't have a valid ground to say he is overhyped. That's nothing but pure ignorance.

Such a meaningless example to make a judgment about a player. He was one year younger than almost every center in that tournament so it is normal for him to be hard put to show his skills in that tournament. You rarely see a player beasting who is one year younger than the others since one year difference is making a huge impact on the performances where they don't complete their physical tools and differences appear among the players (Just think how Bitim and Korkmaz' game had evolved in progress of one year time). When specifically examine that Turkish team, Korkmaz was the leader of team and getting help from Taşkıran and Yurtseven when it is needed. Despite his role which is limiting him, he put very good numbers in QF and SF and shouldered the team until the final. Watching couple of games don't give you a right to call him typical Turkish hyping. Last year he averaged 24.8 PPG in ANGT against his peers which is a very good indicator. Also, this year before the bad incident occurred between him and Obradovic, he got some convincing minutes in the league. For example Beşiktaş - Fenerbahçe game where he simply dominated our paint at age 17.

Local U-League means a little but you need to look at with whom did he tackle in the other games. He played against Görkem Doğan who represented us in Albert Schweitzer Tournament and is known as a very good rebounder and defender. He scored 27 points in that game while cleaning the boards with 18 rebounds. To judge him, we need to watch him this year in European Championship where he is expected to show some lethal performances. You don't have a valid ground to say he is overhyped. That's nothing but pure ignorance.
    Ok,we gonna see what will happen,sounds remind me Emre Bayav a lot! It also reminds me the discussions about Egemen Güven and you must know how he performs in his team. One of the huge problems of Turkish basketball,overhyping that causes overpaying and wasting of the talents. I just hope you'll be right and I'll be wrong and arrogant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast