My Basketball Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
    Part One of my series on the Sixers players who need to step up in order to stick around the NBA after this season is now up. First up, Turkish import Furkan Aldemir.
    Great blog CHBB Good to read your posts about Aldemir. He will be better but if the general expectations are high about him, then you all 76ers fans will be disappointed about the development that he performs. In 3 years, he will be a solid role player but nothing more. Even though he is shorter than the players that they are playing in same position with him, he is better rebounder than all of them. There is no word for explaining his rebound skills. He just needs to play in NBA at least 2 more seasons.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
      Great blog CHBB Good to read your posts about Aldemir. He will be better but if the general expectations are high about him, then you all 76ers fans will be disappointed about the development that he performs. In 3 years, he will be a solid role player but nothing more. Even though he is shorter than the players that they are playing in same position with him, he is better rebounder than all of them. There is no word for explaining his rebound skills. He just needs to play in NBA at least 2 more seasons.
      Thanks my man. Yeah I completely agree about Aldemir. I think what will help him in the future is his fundamentals and offensive skill though. It's crazy the amount of big men in the NBA who can't even hit a jump shot these days. I see him as the second big man off of a team's bench though if he improves enough he could become a backup. It kind of reminds me of Joakim Noah, how people thought he would flop because he isn't built like a typical big man and in the beginning had some definite offensive holes. He's proved everybody wrong though and become one of the league's better big men. Obviously Furkan won't be at that level but I think he will definitely prove most Sixers fans wrong as they don't think he'll even be an NBA player right now. I would be very happy if he turned into as solid a player as say Zaza Pachulia, who is a guy who gets overlooked yet has stuck around for so many years because he plays hard and plays well. Despite being a bit shorter, I think Furkan could one day be a poor-man's version of Zaza, which I think is his best case scenario as a player.

Comment

From now on, all new pieces will be up daily by 11AMEST at the latest, unless they are game previews which will be up by 5:30PMEST at the latest or game recaps which will be posted anytime between the end of the game and the time when the day's piece is up. No more late posts or missed days after today's, which will be up within the next few hours.

Comment

This piece I'm writing is definitely in depth so hopefully it's worth the wait haha. It will be up early in the morning. I couldn't really break down the Furkan post and go in depth with it to the point of breaking down plays in the highlight clips because there's only been one great game from him so far and not many that were good enough to get on youtube yet.

Comment

Part Two of my series on Sixers players who need to step up in order to stick around at the NBA level after this season is now up. In this part, we take look at the crazy athletic and intriguing JaKarr Sampson. We note his growth to this point and point out where he still has clear room for improvement, then evaluate his potential going forward.

Comment

Part Three of my series on Sixers players who need to step up in order to stick around at the NBA level after this season is now up. In this part, we take a look at Henry Sims, the big man with the sweet stroke.

Comment

Next piece will be up tonight due to the Easter holiday.

Comment

Part Four of my series on Sixers players who need to step up in order to stick around the NBA after this season is now up. In this part, we look at long-range bomber Isaiah Canaan.

Comment

My next piece will be up by 11AM EST. Sorry for the layoff. I've had a lot of half-written pieces the past few days and none of them were up to my standards so far until this one.

Comment

My next piece is now up. In this piece, we take a look at Robert Covington and all of the ways he can impact a game.

Comment

Pretty soon you should also be able to see some of my stuff at indysportscenter.sportsblog.com where I'll be writing from time to time in addition to updating my own site at least daily.

Comment

Have my first piece up at Indysportscenter, on the incredibly underrated Rodney Stuckey, and my next piece is up on my blog. In this piece, we take a look at the intriguing Hollis Thompson, his potential, and who he compares to.

Comment

Game recap and a new piece should both be up by morning. This last game has me energized.

Comment

Spent most of the day Sunday resting after two consecutive all-nighters. A recap of Saturday's game against Chicago is now up. I should have a separate piece up sometime within the next few hours as well.

Comment

My piece on young promising wing Glenn Robinson III is now up. In it, we take a look at how he has grown since high school and how he could be the steal of this past year's draft given the way he's played for the Sixers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information