My Basketball Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Basketball Blog

I started a blog a few days ago. It's about Philly sports in general but I'll mostly be writing about basketball, including pieces on more around the NBA than just the Sixers.

I just started on one such piece that I think is fairly interesting, where I'll be comparing the situations of the Sixers, Knicks, Lakers, Pacers, and Heat.

Check it out in the next few days at:

I just posted a recap of the game against the Kings (which I had to retype like five times thanks to my internet repeatedly crashing haha), and the first post of the series comparing the Sixers to other depleted teams around the NBA should be up tomorrow.

Comment

Blog now has an official twitter page: https://twitter.com/phillyfansince8 (They didn't let me have both 8s for some reason haha) Feel free to follow it if you like.

First post of my series comparing the Sixers to other depleted teams around the NBA will be up later today.
      Last edited by CHBB; 03-15-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Hey, great blog

reading as much stuff about the sixers nowadays , you might even transform me into a sixers fan with all that talent they've got there, that might not even be that tough of a job.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
          Hey, great blog

reading as much stuff about the sixers nowadays , you might even transform me into a sixers fan with all that talent they've got there, that might not even be that tough of a job.
          Haha thanks man! I really appreciate you letting me do this on here.

Yeah honestly I have to say that as a lifetime Sixers fan I am much more optimistic about the future of the team right now than I have ever been at any point in my life. Come to the dark side!

Comment

Part One of my series comparing the Sixers to other depleted teams around the NBA is now up. First up, the Knicks.

Comment

I should have a piece comparing the rebuilding process of the Celtics with that of the Sixers up before midnight tonight. Been following twitter too much today to get any writing done haha

Comment

Can we expect your views about Sam Hinkie being analytics driven and how it influences his decision making when it comes to roster management?
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                  Can we expect your views about Sam Hinkie being analytics driven and how it influences his decision making when it comes to roster management?
                  Haha definitely but not for awhile. I'm starting out with baby steps here.

Look for my post comparing the rebuilding process of the Celtics and Sixers to be up in the morning. This one is going to take me awhile.

Comment

This thing is crazy long so I'm breaking it up into three parts. Part One will be posted within an hour and is an overview of the rebuilding processes of the Celtics and Sixers as well as the current state and future of each team based on future draft picks, cap situation, current players, and the head coach. Part two will be where I actually break it down position by position, and that will be posted a few hours from now. Part three will be the conclusion, and that will be posted by midnight.

Comment

Part One of my series comparing the rebuilding processes of the Sixers and Celtics is now up, finally haha. In it, I take a look at each team's head coach, current roster, future draft picks and cap situation and see how they stack up against each other. Part Two of the series will be posted in a few hours, and in it I will be breaking it down position by position and seeing how the two teams stack up. Then last, Part Three will be posted sometime tomorrow morning and will be the conclusion of the series and wrap up.

Comment

Part Two of my series comparing the rebuilding Processes of the Sixers and Celtics is now up. In this part, we break things down position by position and see how the two teams stack up against each other.

Comment

Part Three (the final part) of my series comparing the rebuilding process of the Sixers with that of the Sixers will be up at some point today.

Comment

Good stuff, gives me a lot insight from REAL fans who knows their team's situations. Offers a rational but honest assessment in the blueprint for regaining contention. Moving on, can we also expect your Top Five or even Top Ten Philadelphia Sixers players across decades??

That would be great.
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Yeah definitely. Not just Sixers players but I'll go into Philly area players at some point of course and guys from the area or who played for area schools who flew under the radar, etc. I saw the HoopsHype version of "100 Best Players in Philadelphia 76ers Franchise History" and I really didn't agree with much of it at all. They seriously underrated guys who didn't play in the more recent years, and had guys at 50 who should have been at 5. Definitely the same with the Warriors. How do you have Guy Rodgers and Paul Arizin so low? It's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information