No announcement yet.

2015 U19 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratz Croats well deserved win good luck to final. We reached to semi final in spite of that our team played awful all along the tourney vileness coaching skills and lack of team spirit. I hope our boys take lessons from this match.

Comment

• Originally posted by c-myers View Post
      Congratz Croats well deserved win good luck to final. We reached to semi final in spite of that our team played awful all along the tourney vileness coaching skills and lack of team spirit. I hope our boys take lessons from this match.
      Sometimes one example is better than thousand precepts. All Turkish players have under performed. These guys brought us two championships cups and we can't wipe out these guys just for one game. I agree with you, they will take lots of lessons from this game.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Greece rocks in da house !!
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
          FIBA should just hand CRO the 2021 Eurobasket gold medal now. What a generation of players! TUR will be dominant in the years to come too.
          Too early to judge. Many not less revered generations for some national teams haven't translate a sum of their individual talents into any medals, even less gold ones. Ask JPF for some not too old bright Slovenian examples Also, as far as I can judge, these young Croatians lack really great backcourt prospects (all those hyped up Croatian prospects are bigs or wingers), especially at PG spot which once was one of their best packed positions. Without a good PG and overall solid backcourt rotation you can't be really successful in Europe. Hezonja being a terrible ball-hog is also a factor.

I haven't seen a game itself but, as I can guess, Arapovic ripped it to shreds. In fact, he's the only Croatian player of this generation (Bender included) whose playing style I like really much. I hope NBA scouts are still busy on keeping their heads in their asses hunting for next Ibaka, so Marko can have a successful career in Europe. It looks that distinguished Croatian tradition of having bigs which are more clever and who have better court vision than most PGs will continue with him. Vujcic, Tomic, Arapovic - that's quite a some lneage

I ain't quite surprised by the result itself but certainly proportions of this blowout puzzle me. It seems that Turkey's struggles against inferior opponents earlier in this tournament weren't just results of bad luck and lack of concentration. There's something lacking if functionality of this team considered and I'm not really sure that it's a wide rotation tactics to blame. Wide rotations help on a great scale when applied reasonably, especially in youth tournaments (it's just rare that some coach have enough of quality players in his squad to use these rotations, so when you have such an option, you better use it, for sure), since these young guys aren't that mature and the difference between tired lanky boy and fresh lanky boy is much greater than between tired grown man and fresh grown man.
          2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

• Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
            FIBA should just hand CRO the 2021 Eurobasket gold medal now. What a generation of players! TUR will be dominant in the years to come too.
            We can always count on you making statements out of touch with reality.

Comment

• Skoulidas and Mouratos are turnover machines.

Comment

• 7-0 series in 40 seconds from USA. You can't make easy mistakes if you play against USA. They have no mercy.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  7-0 series in 40 seconds from USA. You can't make easy mistakes if you play against USA. They have no mercy.
                  Indeed. Their defensive pressure is not allowing Greece to get into an offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Kottas gets an offensive foul every time he comes into the game. Smh.

Comment

• Our guardline is simply too weak for this game.
                      They lose it almost everytime under pressure..
                      Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Comment

• OK, maybe Giles will be the MVP of the tournament. He is unstoppable.

Comment

• Wow the dunk of the tournament!
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Oh, he remembered Lountzis.

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                              Sometimes one example is better than thousand precepts. All Turkish players have under performed. These guys brought us two championships cups and we can't wipe out these guys just for one game. I agree with you, they will take lots of lessons from this game.
                              Sure we can't wipe out these guys even it is out of the question really talented generation maybe best ever but there too many things to criticise.I like to follow youth basketball for years really sad to see which named golden genertiton f.cked up badly and also when the team selected I have really surprised too many back court player baykan,arslan,ozdemiroglu and bayram all of them mediocre and they got serious minutes. Coach could have been included to Metehan Akyel I realy surprised to see him out of roster he would cope with croats bigs already have ulubay,korkmaz and gecim they are stars of the team even Arslan played more than Korkmaz all along to tourney this is not unacceptable crazy stupid rotation. We defeated Iran and Chine hardly this team should have exhilarated everyone were waiting that before the tourney really big disappointment. There are too many things to talk about bad coaching and laziness of the players but pointless now.

Comment

• Originally posted by c-myers View Post
                                Sure we can't wipe out these guys even it is out of the question really talented generation maybe best ever but there too many things to criticise.I like to follow youth basketball for years really sad to see which named golden genertiton f.cked up badly and also when the team selected I have really surprised too many back court player baykan,arslan,ozdemiroglu and bayram all of them mediocre and they got serious minutes. Coach could have been included to Metehan Akyel I realy surprised to see him out of roster he would cope with croats bigs already have ulubay,korkmaz and gecim they are stars of the team even Arslan played more than Korkmaz all along to tourney this is not unacceptable crazy stupid rotation. We defeated Iran and Chine hardly this team should have exhilarated everyone were waiting that before the tourney really big disappointment. There are too many things to talk about bad coaching and laziness of the players but pointless now.
                                I couldn't agree more about Metehan Akyel. He is the strongest Turkish center in this generation and played very well this season. Ayberk Olmaz is the one of the biggest overrated players of this generation along with Stefan Peno. I am just shocked how NBA scouts show him as top 20 draftee. He can't even play in D-League with his weird game.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information