FIBA vs ULEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loggo View Post
    You think that top European players go to the NBA for the money?

The main reason is that they want to challenge themselves in the best league in the world against players like LeBron James.

How is Bertomeu's mafia system going to solve that?
    There isn't a single reason: more money, better competition, better marketability... For Teodosic it is not about money, for a Euro scrub player it's all about money etc. Euroleague at least tries to present a solution and close to gap with NBA. Do you think lying down and wait for NBA to make Europe its development league (if not already is) is a better idea? Or are you all about criticism and no solutions?
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Fiba makes correct movements.Which is the most glorious competition of all sports?...The world cup of national teams.Fiba tries to upgrade this product.Basketball has given a lot in Olympic games as has taken too of course.The recent Olympic games basketball with the participation of Dream Teams has explode in popularity.It is time mow to use all that benefits for itself through Fiba World cup which is moved one year after Fifa world cup.About Nba players ...yes will be absence because of the mid season windows but all we know that USA team will qualify in any case(don t forget till 2 decades ago usa send college players and won easily almost all the trophies of all competitions.There is no need to send nba players now to the qualification round against Santo Domingo Honduras and El Salvador.If in the future (2289 ac) Costa Rica will become super power i am sure that nba these 2 midseason weeks (windows) will keep nba schedule empty to have the possibility nba players to play and finally qualify to the World cup.In any case USA and Nba is one country Europe is not and nobody Mr Bertomeu cannot prevent the best players of each country to try to qualify their national team to the World cup.

Comment

• Who does EuroLeague think it is, the NBA? EuroLeague guys must play for their national teams. A flourishing international game will grow basketball more in Europe than the EuroLeague ever will.

Comment

• Eruoleague has 11 A license teams with 10 year contracts.
          This is how they did domestically in the season which just ended:
          Anadolu Efes - turkish league playoff semifinalist, lost to Besiktas
          CSKA Moscow - won VTB league
          EA7 Emporio Armani - italian league playoff semifinalist, lost to Trento
          Barcelona - spanish league playoff quarterfinalist, lost to Valencia
          Fenerbahče - won turkish league
          Baskonia - spanish league playoff semifinalist, lost to Valencia
          Maccabi Tel Aviv - israeli league playoff semifinalist, losti to someone
          Olympiacos - greek league playoff finalist, lost to Panathinaikos
          Panathinaikos - won greek league
          Real Madrid - spanish league playoff finalist, lost to Valencia
          Žalgiris - won lithuanian league

Out of 11 teams, 4 teams won their national titles, 2 teams additionally played in the finals.
          5 out of 11 (45%) teams with 10 year contract won nothing, weren't even capable of qualifying to the finals domestically.
          as long as that is the case, I will not be the only one wishing this closed euroleague project fails.
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Placek Picak discoverer part 2 You are funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
              Eruoleague has 11 A license teams with 10 year contracts.
              Anadolu Efes - turkish league playoff semifinalist, lost to Besiktas
              CSKA Moscow - won VTB league
              EA7 Emporio Armani - italian league playoff semifinalist, lost to Trento
              Barcelona - spanish league playoff quarterfinalist, lost to Valencia
              Fenerbahče - won turkish league
              Baskonia - spanish league playoff semifinalist, lost to Valencia
              Maccabi Tel Aviv - israeli league playoff semifinalist, losti to someone
              Olympiacos - greek league playoff finalist, lost to Panathinaikos
              Panathinaikos - won greek league
              Real Madrid - spanish league playoff finalist, lost to Valencia
              Žalgiris - won lithuanian league

Out of 11 teams, 4 teams won their national titles, 2 teams additionally played in the finals.
              5 out of 11 (45%) teams with 10 year contract won nothing, weren't even capable of qualifying to the finals domestically.
              as long as that is the case, I will not be the only one wishing this closed euroleague project fails.
              And let's also not forget that non-A licensed clubs are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to attracting and signing players because of their exclusion from the 1st-tier competition.

PS. I say this as a Panathinaikos fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
                Eruoleague has 11 A license teams with 10 year contracts.
                (...)
                What are you crying about? Simply leave Jordi and his league alone and watch FIBA Champions League. There you can watch 21 champions of Europe - Venice, Chalon, Ljubljana, Oostend, Zielona Gora, Nymburk, Fehervar, Budivelnik, Cluj, Lukoil, Kalev, Keravnos, Tsmoki, Lulea, Groningen, Kataja, Kapfenberg, Tblisi, Benfica and even Bakken Bears and Prishtina!

If the future of European basketball already exists, why do you care about the past?

Comment

• Originally posted by eal View Post
                  Who does EuroLeague think it is, the NBA? EuroLeague guys must play for their national teams. A flourishing international game will grow basketball more in Europe than the EuroLeague ever will.
                  And who does NBA think it is, the god? and FIBA it's bitch? NBA guys must play for their national teams. Or you say that "quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi"?

Comment

• It is amusing how some people are that interested in scum of a league called Euroleague. They should watch Champions league it has many more champions and that is what matters
                    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                      It is amusing how some people are that interested in scum of a league called Euroleague. They should watch Champions league it has many more champions and that is what matters
                      Picek proved with facts that all this narrative about how strong Euroleague teams are and how better than the rest is simply non true..instead of replying with facts,because you cant,you just resort to sarcastic remarks with no substance

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                        Picek proved with facts that all this narrative about how strong Euroleague teams are and how better than the rest is simply non true..instead of replying with facts,because you cant,you just resort to sarcastic remarks with no substance
                        Dude give me a break... You guys are so biased had all Euroleague teams won their local championship you'd cry "They had an unfair advantage at the start of the year thus they became champion! Disgrace for European basketball!" etc. So spare me your facts and I'm sorry I can't take them seriously
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• They keep talking shit about EL and it's teams but keep coming back and comparing other teams and leagues with it.

Why is it not enough for BCL to be better than EL for them and enjoy that competition. Go ahead an talk in the topic there and discuss. Bunch of hypocrites.

Because if they actually believe what they are saying, that topic and discussion about games would be alive and exploding during every season. What we get is only bitching in FIBA vs ULEB topic and at the end and beginning of each season, counting places in domestic championships. Grow the fuck up...

Comment

• lol
                            now whoever doesn't support a semi-closed sport competition based mostly on location and marketability is suddenly a hypocrite
                            You do realize how this sounds Coachz, do you?
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                              lol
                              now whoever doesn't support a semi-closed sport competition based mostly on location and marketability is suddenly a hypocrite
                              You do realize how this sounds Coachz, do you?
                              Now you misunderstood me. You know from the past what I think of this EL system. I don't think it's fair and I would like a merit system better. It's just funny that all the harsh critics are not focused one the "Fair Competition Angle" but rather are always pointing out that BCL is a better competition than EC or EL and always point out the teams that play there.

So if they truly believe this, why are they not active in the BCL thread and lead discussions there. Talk about teams, rosters, games etc. Basically they just spring at the end/beginning of seasons to count teams/titles and whenever some FIBA/ULEB hits the news cycle. That is why I said hypocrites.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                                Now you misunderstood me. You know from the past what I think of this EL system. I don't think it's fair and I would like a merit system better. It's just funny that all the harsh critics are not focused one the "Fair Competition Angle" but rather are always pointing out that BCL is a better competition than EC or EL and always point out the teams that play there.

So if they truly believe this, why are they not active in the BCL thread and lead discussions there. Talk about teams, rosters, games etc. Basically they just spring at the end/beginning of seasons to count teams/titles and whenever some FIBA/ULEB hits the news cycle. That is why I said hypocrites.
                                Okay, I completely misunderstood you, my apologies for going after you in such manner.
                                The fact is, it really took a while to gather as much people over here, even if these forums aren't as crowded as they used to be, basicaly in my opinion a lot of people from outside the euroleague teams are either real fanatics or stopped visiting these forums at some point. I admit I don't have the time to put the same effort into running discussions as I once did. This did turn into the euroleague forum, while years ago I'd dare saying every 3rd poster was actualy a fan of a non-EL club. Now they only come around for big international tournaments with their NT's.

BCL isn't a better competition than euroleague, not even better than Uleb Cup, even if the difference there might be much smaller than some would believe.
                                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information