European prospects born 97'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European prospects born 97'

Here are the eurohope's rankings of the 97' born players.

Korkmaz is getting some good playing time already, same with Marinković in Partizan and Andrija's younger brother Ante Žižić in Cibona.

Which are your countries top 97' born prospects?
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Stefan Peno
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

I love Dragan Bender, I think he has by far the biggest upside from this class. This year Maccabi loaned him to a second devision Israeli team in order to get a lot of playing time but next year he's expected to take another step forward and play with MTA in Euroleague.

Comment

it's of course risky to bet on any 17-year old kid, but Furkan Korkmaz looks like a sure bet. He was the scoring champ at u16, then it was obvious he can score as easily at u18 among older kids, then he showed he can score, defend, pass, run, dunk over experienced bigs at EL level too in his limited minutes. He'll be the long-expected star player of Turkish NT for years to come.

One trivial thing I think he should improve is his lame, cliche post-game comments...
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          One trivial thing I think he should improve is his lame, cliche post-game comments...
          that's something 99% of players might have to do. It's unbelievable how some reporters gets satisfied with those cliches and even more amazing how some of the players seem visibly bored and annoyed they have to repeat those over and over again Korkmaz at least has an excuse that he is still young.
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Dragan Bender with 43(!!!!) Points , 21 Rebs (!!!!) 6 assists and 66 PIR in Maccabi youth team win on the eurolague next generation

Comment

Originally posted by israel6 View Post
              Dragan Bender with 43(!!!!) Points , 21 Rebs (!!!!) 6 assists and 66 PIR in Maccabi youth team win on the eurolague next generation
              Don't get carried away with those 1 game stats...

First - that was against the weakest team in the competition, who played without their C , in a meaningless game for 7-8 seed, with only 1 guy who is 2.02...

Second- first 3 games maccabi lost with Bender playing pretty bad, look at his %:

16.3 pts, 7.3 reb, 2 ass, 3TO, 33% for 2pts , 25% for 3pts

Comment

Originally posted by israel6 View Post
                He is talented but I think he is wasting his one year in this non-competitive youth league. Many 97' born players have been playing in Euroleague level since the beginning of season.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  He is talented but I think he is wasting his one year in this non-competitive youth league. Many 97' born players have been playing in Euroleague level since the beginning of season.
                  He is playing regulary in the Israeli 2nd Division (he joined Maccabi youth team only for this tournament)which is great for him-
                  to play with pro's and against some decent sized american forwards(2 foreign players in each team, most of them from the US) is a good thing for him in order to develop his game, rather than play 10 minutes in a Euroleague team as a roll player.

I saw 3 full games of his Israeli 2nd division team and he is still learning the pace and the physicality of Pro players.

Also, it's his 1st year abroad, so it also the edjustment thing that should be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                    that's far away from truth. Lovro Mazalin wasted his season in Cedevita.

It's big difrece from developing Korkmaz or Zizic (who has great year in Cibona and Gorica) then players such as Bender or Mazalin. Korkmaz ca spot up and shoot, Zizic can make screen, but Mazalin and Bender must be developed as creators, not rolle players. It's much better for Bender to play when he can perfect his 1 on 1 game, take ball coast to coast and so on then just runn up and down and make screans. Just like Mazalin is just wasting time in Cedevita as corner filler, whille he should be creator

Bender and Zizic have proper development, unfortunally Mazalin does not
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

dragan bender has potential to be the best european player ever imo...

i like this guy really...
                      fucka and kukoc combination...
                      let's see his improvement...
                      Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        that's far away from truth. Lovro Mazalin wasted his season in Cedevita.

It's big difrece from developing Korkmaz or Zizic (who has great year in Cibona and Gorica) then players such as Bender or Mazalin. Korkmaz ca spot up and shoot, Zizic can make screen, but Mazalin and Bender must be developed as creators, not rolle players. It's much better for Bender to play when he can perfect his 1 on 1 game, take ball coast to coast and so on then just runn up and down and make screans. Just like Mazalin is just wasting time in Cedevita as corner filler, whille he should be creator

Bender and Zizic have proper development, unfortunally Mazalin does not
                        I thought Bender was playing for youth team, my fault Of course playing against physically strong players, will have boost effect on him at the end of the season. Korkmaz played in Turkish Second league and we all see what he is doing right now. I guess we will talk about his success in Euroleague next year. I don't know about Mazalin, the ones that impressed me during U18 EC were Bender and Arapovic. Mazalin was ok but not impressed me at all.
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Dragan Bender Highlights from the 43pts game last week.

It looks like he is playing with midgets...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

BTW,

He returned to play in the Israeli 2nd Divison and had another great game: 25pts+12 reb

He is clearly getting better compared to 3 months ago

Comment

Martynas Echodas and Martynas Varnas. Hope they both will shine in Adidas Next Generation Tournament next week.

Comment

Mešiček got voted as MVP of Hospitalet tournament, his shot wasn't going well for him this tournament, however was still playing excellent for the most part.

I loved two Real players. Yusta seems really technicaly gifted, long and most of all rational player, the kind that coaches love to have in their team and Barreiro will become a good euroleague level SF in my opinion, Real's 98' generation is much more intriguing though.

Stefan Peno seemed a good guard, but rather isolated in Barcelona, Djedović wasn't on the level I expected and knowing Čančar he had a dissastrous tournament for Olimpija where he was 3/17 from 3 point range even if otherwise being a great shooter. Asvel's Noua showed some great inside game, however lacks the height or the centimeters to be considered as some ideal prospect, still like his game a lot though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information