Lithuania to bounce back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    We surely have a nice perspective with Jasikevicius, it would be a huge boost. The key is to lock Jasikevicius as long as possible, our coaching is our weakest link, we'll get talent eventually.

If federation would bring Brazdeikis home and sign Saras, I would forgive all their flaws and much more
    Forget about Šarūnas Jasikevičius! He very clearly stated that he doesn't want the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      Forget about Šarūnas Jasikevičius! He very clearly stated that he doesn't want the job.

You're good Hepcat

In early 2018, 1,5 year ago he said: "It's not my very biggest ambition. I have family and want to spend more time with them. At the moment this is my priority for the summer"

It doesn't mean he won't sign for the jon in 2021, or 2025. I hope there's some chance even for 2021.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Lekavicius
        Grigonis, Giedraitis
        Ulanovas,Butkevicius
        Sabonis, Kuzminskas
        Valanciunas,Gudaitis

+ maybe Brazdeikis this is our team 2021-2024 that we gonna go to war with in playoffs.

We don't have true PF that can shoot and hold his own on defence.I have some hopes on Masiulis .

We again gonna be bad shooting team no doubt.From 6 frontcourt players I wrote only Kuzminskas can shoot.

It's very hard to win medals only with 4-5 made three pointers per game.
        Last edited by Shawshank; 09-08-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          Lekavicius
          Grigonis, Giedraitis
          Ulanovas,Butkevicius
          Sabonis, Kuzminskas
          Valanciunas,Gudaitis

+ maybe Brazdeikis this is our team 2021-2024 that we gonna go to war with in playoffs.
          If we get Brazdeikis you can write him in as a lock instead of Giedraitis and Butkevicius, no-brainer. The latter 2 are still somewhat on a gamble level. Giedraitis skillset is still limited, he can provide some shooting, hustling, but he's a tiny role SG. Butkevicius the same way, just for defensive purposes. With any of those guys you can't build huge system and to use them for long stretches. They have too little system BB IQ, skills and flexibility. Sure they will have good chances to crack NT rotation and to face a bit more playing time, but they are in the same situation as Juskevicius, Milaknis, Gailius used to be in 10's. If we need them, we take them, if not, no-one notice too much.

Addition of Brazdeikis is a no-brainer, I would lock Jokubaitis as soon as Mantas skips NT, I would bet all Kulboka, Masiulis, Sedekerskis, Sirvydis will be in the camp of 2021.

In 2022 already I would project such team:

Lekavicius, Jokubautis
          Grigonis, Brazdeikis, Giedraitis
          Ulanovas, Sirvydis
          Sabonis, Kuzminskas, (one of Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerkis)
          JV, Gudaitis

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Until player is 23-24 old he has no chance making any influence in medal winning team unless he is one of kind generation player.

Best and main players should be 24-31 age old if you want to be mentally ready to go through playoofs battles.It was proven over and over again.

Even in 2019 in our team there were one generational tallent Sabonis 23 and all other player were 25 or older and there is reasons for that.

I'm going with realistic lineups with players 24+ not imaginable youngsters.

Jokubaitis,Kulboka,Sirvydis is not for this cycle.At best in 2023-24 maybe they will be as 9-12th helper players.Depending on their progress.

Comment

• Depends what you call generational. Siskauskas was already really useful at 22. Macijauskas 22-23. JV truly made an impact as 19yo, but off course you might call all these players as generational for us. Well mind that Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerskis will be 23 in 2021. Brazdeikis 22. Also I think it depends on the road of development. Look at Jokubaitis, he had some EL experience as 18yo and got some real EL experience as 19yo, also he's into elite system and practices from very early age. I don't think he's generational talent, but I have realistic hopes he'll be capable of helping as already as 21yo. We'll see. Besides, he showed some strange maturity very early. As a 17yo, he was dropping 10pts, 5as for U19 WC NT with Sedekerskis, Kulboka, Masiulis.

I have a feeling we have Brazdeikis as guy who could be a candidate to be that elite player who gives as value already at ~22, much like Šiška, Jasikevičius, Macijauskas did. He seems to be tough, skilled and with strong mentality. Maybe he would still choke at NT level, but I want to see him as soon as next camp.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Here's my reflection for the new decade:

PGs: Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Marciulionis. All 4 are very different and I think we'll be able to use them all in different tournaments and different situations, and I have no issues with any of them with some doubts with Velicka, but even he can be used the right way. I think Jokubaitis and Marciulionis have highest upside because of IQ gift. I can even project that Marciulionis, if he will still grow, can become a heck of a universal tweener, that we could use both at 1 and 2. Aside the fact that we don't have flat out NBA level PG prospect, I think finally we will solve our PG section drought and will have the deepest chart compared to 90's, 00's and 10's. Some of these guys will have to sit back in the middle of 20's, IMO.
                SGs: Grigonis, Sirvydis, Dovydas Giedraitis. I could even include Brazdeikis here, but I don't yet have an answer yet. Rokas Giedraitis to me is one of two tournaments option with limited role, he just doesn't have all around skills, doesn't play p'n'r at proper level, can't facilitate and fully work to the system. And probablu I would even see him more at SF for exactly spot up shooters role. However, Grigonis, Sirvydis and Giedraitis has the tools which to me is necessary at the highest level. That is all around skillset. Those can launch their threes, slash in, create their own shot, play p'n'r, handle the ball, change tempos, move to the spot 1 for some stretches. It's good that we have elite prospect in Sirvydis and I believe he will remain finess tweener, available at SG section with his nearly 204cm.
                SF: Brazdeikis, Ulanovas, Jogela. Ulanovas is a great long term system SF, more of back to the basket bruiser, and Brazdeikis is an offensive machine with all possible offensive skills and leadership mentality. Again, we didn't have all around face to face elite scorers since Siskauskas. And now there's Brazdeikis and Sirvydis in the horizon. Those 2 should change the picture dramatically at SG/SF positions. Jogela can be a heck of role player, maybe even super role player much like Kuz is or was in 2017.
                PF: Kuz will still be here for some time, but there comes Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerskis. Masiulis fills that nominal PF need, but he is agile, flexible and rather mobile version of it, he can move and he can shoot also. Kulboka's elite touch will be highly valuable, he also can make some noise at SF as well. Sedekerskis hopefully will be our most universal defensive player in the team, I hope he won't get lost in translation, because he has a great material.
                C: Some hates me for this, but I don't see much of a future for JV. I already gave all my arguments, and we surely should use him with adequate role, but his inability to rotate, read the game, facilitate, make quick decisions hurts the team a lot. Sabonis, Tubelis, Gudaitis and Echodas is the future, but mainly Sabonis and Tubelis. Sabonis is well known case, he just needs to polish his game and add jumper, but even if won't he has 2 great assets aside being dominant under the board, ability to rotate and facillitating. Tubelis may be even bigger beast. Particularly the guy has super quick and super strong hands. I would make a case that Tubelis may have the best hands since Arvydas Sabonis. Just as Domas he moves on the floor well, can step out, rotate, he has a great sense for passing, making quick decisions and actually he is much better defensive player than Domas and is probably even more intimidating physically than Sabonis. These 2 are modern centers and I see exactly those 2 filling position 5 for good in a long run.

So if I would have to make my optimal team of upcoming 20's from that is seen in horizon, I would go like this:

Marciulionis, Jokubaitis
                Sirvydis, Grigonis, D. Giedraitis
                Brazdeikis, Ulanovas
                Kulboka, Sedekerskis, Masiulis
                Sabonis, Tubelis

+

Murauskas in a loner run, as he is an elite all around prospect big.

Marked players should make their path to the NBA or at least to have a very good shot at it.
                Last edited by Straight forward; 09-16-2019, 10:28 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here's my reflection for the new decade:

PGs: Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Marciulionis. All 4 are very different and I think we'll be able to use them all in different tournaments and different situations, and I have no issues with any of them with some doubts with Velicka, but even he can be used the right way. I think Jokubaitis and Marciulionis have highest upside because of IQ gift. I can even project that Marciulionis, if he will still grow, can become a heck of a universal tweener, that we could use both at 1 and 2. Aside the fact that we don't have flat out NBA level PG prospect, I think finally we will solve our PG section drought and will have the deepest chart compared to 90's, 00's and 10's. Some of these guys will have to sit back in the middle of 20's, IMO.
                  SGs: Grigonis, Sirvydis, Dovydas Giedraitis. I could even include Brazdeikis here, but I don't yet have an answer yet. Rokas Giedraitis to me is one of two tournaments option with limited role, he just doesn't have all around skills, doesn't play p'n'r at proper level, can't facilitate and fully work to the system. And probablu I would even see him more at SF for exactly spot up shooters role. However, Grigonis, Sirvydis and Giedraitis has the tools which to me is necessary at the highest level. That is all around skillset. Those can launch their threes, slash in, create their own shot, play p'n'r, handle the ball, change tempos, move to the spot 1 for some stretches. It's good that we have elite prospect in Sirvydis and I believe he will remain finess tweener, available at SG section with his nearly 204cm.
                  SF: Brazdeikis, Ulanovas, Jogela. Ulanovas is a great long term system SF, more of back to the basket bruiser, and Brazdeikis is an offensive machine with all possible offensive skills and leadership mentality. Again, we didn't have all around face to face elite scorers since Siskauskas. And now there's Brazdeikis and Sirvydis in the horizon. Those 2 should change the picture dramatically at SG/SF positions. Jogela can be a heck of role player, maybe even super role player much like Kuz is or was in 2017.
                  PF: Kuz will still be here for some time, but there comes Masiulis, Kulboka, Sedekerskis. Masiulis fills that nominal PF need, but he is agile, flexible and rather mobile version of it, he can move and he can shoot also. Kulboka's elite touch will be highly valuable, he also can make some noise at SF as well. Sedekerskis hopefully will be our most universal defensive player in the team, I hope he won't get lost in translation, because he has a great material.
                  C: Some hates me for this, but I don't see much of a future for JV. I already gave all my arguments, and we surely should use him with adequate role, but his inability to rotate, read the game, facilitate, make quick decisions hurts the team a lot. Sabonis, Tubelis, Gudaitis and Echodas is the future, but mainly Sabonis and Tubelis. Sabonis is well known case, he just needs to polish his game and add jumper, but even if won't he has 2 great assets aside being dominant under the board, ability to rotate and facillitating. Tubelis may be even bigger beast. Particularly the guy has super quick and super strong hands. I would make a case that Tubelis may have the best hands since Arvydas Sabonis. Just as Domas he moves on the floor well, can step out, rotate, he has a great sense for passing, making quick decisions and actually he is much better defensive player than Domas and is probably even more intimidating physically than Sabonis. These 2 are modern centers and I see exactly those 2 filling position 5 for good in a long run.

So if I would have to make my optimal team of upcoming 20's from that is seen in horizon, I would go like this:

Marciulionis, Jokubaitis
                  Sirvydis, Grigonis, D. Giedraitis
                  Brazdeikis, Ulanovas
                  Kulboka, Sedekerskis, Masiulis
                  Sabonis, Tubelis

+

Murauskas in a loner run, as he is an elite all around big.

Marked players should make their path to the NBA or at least to have a very good shot at it.
                  I guess we are lucky that you are not one of NBA GMs, or this useless JV would never get paid millions of dollars to play as a starting center in the best league in the world lol...Your inabillity to give any credit to our most talented and best player is really hilarious at this point mate You sound like an upset girlfriend actually that JV left for another chick

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    I guess we are lucky that you are not one of NBA GMs, or this useless JV would never get paid millions of dollars to play as a starting center in the best league in the world lol...Your inabillity to give any credit to our most talented and best player is really hilarious at this point mate You sound like an upset girlfriend actually that JV left for another chick
                    That's number one hater of my position, by far Don't take it personal, Max. JV already has had a great career and we still will be looking towards him at least till 2024 OG, but his role should be adequate. To me, it's a cold blooded analytical move, just like Raptors traded him just before his prime years. There's no place for his type of centers in NBA contenders rosters, that's the reality. His role should decrease, actually it already happened to some extent in 2019, and eventually modern studs as Sabonis and Tubelis will take his spot. Natural selection, better fit moves forward. Again, nothing personal.

Do you think all these NBA analysts are also idiots who ranks Sabonis higher for upcoming season? Just try to avoid homerism and ask your self this. If I can kill my darlings (rephrasing Hemingway), so can you, hopefully.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I'm salivating at the thought of Augustas Marciulionis The Shooting Guard
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                        I'm salivating at the thought of Augustas Marciulionis The Shooting Guard
                        At the moment it seems a bit crazy idea, but I project that he will be around 196cm as his father, he has great individual skills as crossover, step back, slashing, just needs to polish his finishing game. It may never happen, but if happens, I can see him having athleticism and toughness to cover both positions. Now he already shows some strides of athleticism even with absolutely immature body.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

At the moment it seems a bit crazy idea, but I project that he will be around 196cm as his father, he has great individual skills as crossover, step back, slashing, just needs to polish his finishing game. It may never happen, but if happens, I can see him having athleticism and toughness to cover both positions. Now he already shows some strides of athleticism even with absolutely immature body.
                          Aah, but what about shooting?

And don't you think you're overdoing "grow over 195/204, move to SG/PF" thing a little bit?
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Aah, but what about shooting?

And don't you think you're overdoing "grow over 195/204, move to SG/PF" thing a little bit?
                            It's either coming or not. Mechanics are there, ability to knock it down also, just doesn't come consistently yet.

Didn't get your last sentence.

Edit: OK, I probably know what you mean. You think I move players through positions to easily? Well, some of the players don't know their position yet themselves, so it's generally a projection. I just give things the way I see or project at the moment.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Here's ultimate upside (IMO) of nearest future 5 years span:

Jokubaitis (PG), Velicka (PG),
                              Grigonis (SG), D.Giedraitis (combo), Marciulionis (combo)
                              Brazdeikis (GF), Sirvydis (GF)
                              Masiulis (PF), Kulboka (Stretch 4), Murauskas (FC)
                              Sabonis (FC), Tubelis (FC)

Borderlainers: Lekavicius (combo), Sedekerskis (CF), M.Jogela (GF).

did I miss someone?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

did I miss someone?
                                Honorable mentions:

Venskus (FC), Birutis (C), D.Stenionis (PG), K.Metrikis (Stretch 4), Uleckas (GF), I.Sargiūnas (combo).

There might be some more.

All things considered, two guys that seem to be the most promissing for me are Jokubaitis and D.Giedraitis. (+Velička with a fixed jump shot)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information