Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lithuania to bounce back?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    I'm salivating at the thought of Augustas Marciulionis The Shooting Guard
    At the moment it seems a bit crazy idea, but I project that he will be around 196cm as his father, he has great individual skills as crossover, step back, slashing, just needs to polish his finishing game. It may never happen, but if happens, I can see him having athleticism and toughness to cover both positions. Now he already shows some strides of athleticism even with absolutely immature body.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    At the moment it seems a bit crazy idea, but I project that he will be around 196cm as his father, he has great individual skills as crossover, step back, slashing, just needs to polish his finishing game. It may never happen, but if happens, I can see him having athleticism and toughness to cover both positions. Now he already shows some strides of athleticism even with absolutely immature body.
    Aah, but what about shooting?

And don't you think you're overdoing "grow over 195/204, move to SG/PF" thing a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Aah, but what about shooting?

And don't you think you're overdoing "grow over 195/204, move to SG/PF" thing a little bit?
    It's either coming or not. Mechanics are there, ability to knock it down also, just doesn't come consistently yet.

Didn't get your last sentence.

Edit: OK, I probably know what you mean. You think I move players through positions to easily? Well, some of the players don't know their position yet themselves, so it's generally a projection. I just give things the way I see or project at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's ultimate upside (IMO) of nearest future 5 years span:

Jokubaitis (PG), Velicka (PG),
    Grigonis (SG), D.Giedraitis (combo), Marciulionis (combo)
    Brazdeikis (GF), Sirvydis (GF)
    Masiulis (PF), Kulboka (Stretch 4), Murauskas (FC)
    Sabonis (FC), Tubelis (FC)

Borderlainers: Lekavicius (combo), Sedekerskis (CF), M.Jogela (GF).

did I miss someone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    did I miss someone?
    Honorable mentions:

Venskus (FC), Birutis (C), D.Stenionis (PG), K.Metrikis (Stretch 4), Uleckas (GF), I.Sargiūnas (combo).

There might be some more.

All things considered, two guys that seem to be the most promissing for me are Jokubaitis and D.Giedraitis. (+Velička with a fixed jump shot)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
    D.Stenionis (PG)
    That's something new. Did he play for U16? I have no idea about the guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's been simply a dreadful season so far for LKL teams playing in other European leagues. What's particularly worrisome for me is that some of the players on the 2019 Lithuanian national team have been playing lacklustre basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    It's been simply a dreadful season so far for LKL teams playing in other European leagues. What's particularly worrisome for me is that some of the players on the 2019 Lithuanian national team have been playing lacklustre basketball.

Rytas advanced to second round, can't ask more from such roster. Neptunas I think played up to it's level. Which players do you have in mind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way our young talent rounds and projecting new decade, one conclusions comes to my mind - players should have kids, and knowing Sabonis' story, as much as they can Here's the picture:

Marciulionis, Jokubaitis
    D.Giedraitis
    Sirvydis
    Masiulis
    Sabonis

That's a half of team. Not to mention that Brazdeikis has BB relatives as Brazdeikyte aslo. So genes means a lot. I wonder how Karnisovas kids doing, he has 2 sons (btw, Arturas' father also played in Statyba).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789