No announcement yet.

Filipino Ballers in NZ...News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he hasn't played in an offical FIBA game for anyone, but no worries he will only play for Gilas...
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Taranaki is down early 17-6.

3-point galore in the first quarter.

So far so good for mulvhill, rodgers and tuffin.

Are mulvhill and rodgers gilas eligible?

Notable tall blacks in the game are jarrod kenny, derone raukawa and jordan ngatai.
      Last edited by ja.he; 07-01-2020, 05:56 AM.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        Taranaki is down early 17-6.

3-point galore in the first quarter.

So far so good for mulvhill, rodgers and tuffin.

Are mulvhill and rodgers gilas eligible?

Notable tall blacks in the game are jarrod kenny, derone raukawa and jordan ngatai.
        Did you watch from One Sports Cignal TV? Did you see an advert on Nznblpass.com?
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Did you watch from One Sports Cignal TV? Did you see an advert on Nznblpass.com?
          Yeah, i saw that. The week access is cheap at P68 but the manner of payment is the problem i think.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            Yeah, i saw that. The week access is cheap at P68 but the manner of payment is the problem i think.
            That's good, they advertised the P68/"week?

Comment

That's good, they advertised the P68/"week?
              Yes, saw it.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• Charlie Dy is questioning Richie Rodger’s UAAP eligibility. Doesn’t he know that Richie Rodger has been playing in NZNBL for a couple of seasons now. Richie is more of an amateur than most of these UAAP players.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
                  Charlie Dy is questioning Richie Rodger’s UAAP eligibility. Doesn’t he know that Richie Rodger has been playing in NZNBL for a couple of seasons now. Richie is more of an amateur than most of these UAAP players.
                  Players there are quite good 3 point shooters.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• Please see reruns schedule of the TARANAKI MOUNTAINAIRS VS OTAGO NUGGETS 2020 NBL NEW ZEALAND (Philippine time). On One Sports Cignal TV

July 2

- 8 am

July 5

- 6 am

July 9

- 10 pm

July 12

- 8 am

Comment

• Had a good conversation about Philippine basketball with a Euro league champion coach (which is a 1st for me), we discussed trends and how the Philippines works..

On NZ future watch out for Izayah and Taine (they should be in the 2023 team) and big forward Yanni Wetzell

Comment

Had a good conversation about Philippine basketball with a Euro league champion coach (which is a 1st for me), we discussed trends and how the Philippines works..

On NZ future watch out for Izayah and Taine (they should be in the 2023 team) and big forward Yanni Wetzell
                        bro you can't leave us hanging with an intro like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                          bro you can't leave us hanging with an intro like that.
                          Breakers coach Shamir

Comment

• The official website of the NZ National Basketball League (NZNBL) with stats, live streaming and up to date news

Tuffin was included in the Fast Five or the players that suprised NZNBL.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• You will see if the improvement which coach Racela noticed will translate to the Philippines

Note the last line national selectors taking notice
                              The thing is while Ken isn't necessarily better than some Pinoy players he does two things well (shooting - his % are high considering he doesn't get good looks due to defense length) and defence (mere length, mobility and reflexes is just rare for the Philippines)

Comment

• Kenneth Tuffin (Steelformers Taranaki Mountainairs) 10.4ppg and 5.7rpg (pictured)

Kenneth Tuffin is not a name many New Zealand basketball followers would have been familiar with a month ago.

However back in the Philippines, where Tuffin has been on a basketball scholarship for the last four years, he is an emerging star.

The 23-year old plays and studies at Far Eastern University, a regular top-four finisher in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP).
                                His performances for the Tamaraws have earned the former St Pat’s Siverstream player selection in the Philippines national team wider training squad.

Whilst the Airs duo of Marcel Jones and Derone Raukawa have been stealing most of the headlines Tuffin has been posting some impressive numbers of his own. He averages 10.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game with his free-throw shooting (94%) and 3-point shooting (44%) at an elite level.

His performances may also have caught the eye of a Tall Blacks selector or two.
                                Uh-oh. Should've had him play for Batang Gilas when we had the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information