No announcement yet.

All time NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have seen tons of kids wanting to be next Sabonis, Siskauskas, Jasikevicius, Marciulionis or Valanciunas. Havent seen anyone who wants to be next ilgauskas. In terms of popularity in lithuania he isnt that popular really.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      This is an unfortunate, messy, touchy situation. There were reasons behind the passage of the law. Should it be repealed? I don't know. I haven't studied the rationale behind the law.

Being that such a law exists though, is it right for exceptions to be made for sports celebrities? Maybe the Lithuanian state can confer "honorary citizenship" on those who have done a lot for the country? I believe Ilgauskas has been contributing financially and otherwise to the development of Lithuanian basketball, has he not? He's also been involved with Lithuanian charities of some sort as well, has he not? But then again, should "foreigners" be allowed to just buy Lithuanian citizenship?
      He did charity, donated money, bball stuff and so on. Also his two kids are adopted Lithuanians. Anyway, even I was defending him and his decisions in this topic, I wouldn't say he is the one "who have done a lot for the country". However, I surely wouldn't take away citizenship from the person who have born and raised in LT, lived here for 20 years, be it Ilgauskas or some ordinary person, unless he doesn't care about it himself, but it's not me who's creating the law

Comment

PG: Šarūnas Jasikevičius The Golden Boy
        SG: Šarūnas Marčiulionis Was hard to choose between Arvydas Macijauskas and him
        SF: Saulius Štombergas Amazing 3-point shooting abilities.
        PF: Linas Kleiza was hard to choose between Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius and him
        C: Arvydas Sabonis Probably the best Center to ever play the game.

Bench
        PG: Mantas Kalnietis
        SG: Arvydas Macijauskas Ramūnas Šiškauskas
        SF : Simas Jasaitis
        PF : Darius Songaila Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius
        C : Darjušas Lavrinovičius
        Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
        FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
        FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
          PG: Šarūnas Jasikevičius The Golden Boy
          SG: Šarūnas Marčiulionis Was hard to choose between Arvydas Macijauskas and him
          SF: Saulius Štombergas Amazing 3-point shooting abilities.
          PF: Linas Kleiza was hard to choose between Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius and him
          C: Arvydas Sabonis Probably the best Center to ever play the game.

Bench
          PG: Mantas Kalnietis
          SG: Arvydas Macijauskas Ramūnas Šiškauskas
          SF : Simas Jasaitis
          PF : Darius Songaila Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius
          C : Darjušas Lavrinovičius
          Simas Jasaitis, but no Arturas Karnisovas? I'm so confused... I would actually remove Jasaitis entirely, move Stombergas to the bench and make Karnisovas a starter. That dude was a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by omgsomuchpotential View Post
            Simas Jasaitis, but no Arturas Karnisovas? I'm so confused... I would actually remove Jasaitis entirely, move Stombergas to the bench and make Karnisovas a starter. That dude was a beast.
            Surely wondering between Marčiulionis and Macijauskas just conforms the guy must be very young and most likely hasn't even seen any game of Marčiulionis live Štombergas never were at Šiškauskas' level - Šiškauskas was No.1 option at Euroleague's champs CSKA with his MVP season. Štombergas never was even close to that, though I surely agree he's third best Lithuanian SF in NT history. To include Jasaitis to the team and to cut Karnišovas - probably that were the bottom line where I basically had to ignore the poster, but I just came here with an idea that Mačiulis already passed Jasaitis when we talk about honourable players to mention. His contribution in 2010 bronze, 2012 Olympic qualification, 2013 silver (magnificent), 2014 4th place (very important) make me think Mačiulis stands as the 4th best small forward in Lithuanian basketball history now.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Štombergas never were at Šiškauskas' level - Šiškauskas was No.1 option at Euroleague's champs CSKA with his MVP season. Štombergas never was even close to that, though I surely agree he's third best Lithuanian SF in NT history.
              Cannot completely agree with that. Štombergas was at similar level during Žalgiris' golden years 1997/98 and 1998/99. Also he was at the same level in Tau Ceramica 2000/01.

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas View Post
                Cannot completely agree with that. Štombergas was at similar level during Žalgiris' golden years 1997/98 and 1998/99. Also he was at the same level in Tau Ceramica 2000/01.
                I see what you mean. I was thinking about it. The season when Zalgiris won Euroleague was amazing for Stombergas and I think it's his strongest season, maybe competing with Tau Ceramica 2000/1 season (1997/98 was Saporta cup or whatever it was called back than, similar to Eurocup, second tier league in Europe so it doesn't qualify in my view). But the thing is that Stombergas was only one of the leaders (along Bowie and Edney) and arguably T. Edney was the real leader (final 4 MVP) and motor of that team.

While Siskauskas was de facto MVP of final 4 2007 (Champs team) and MVP of Euroleague 2008 (Champs team) while really rocking in the knock-out stage for CSKA and being No1 option in the clutch. That's the difference, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by omgsomuchpotential View Post
                  I agree. There's no way Simas Jasaitis should be on the team instead of Artūras Karnišovas. the all-time leader in points scored for the Lithuanian team:

Lithuanian Basketball Team - Wikipedia

It's also a pity that there's no place on the team for Rimas Kurtinaitis.

Comment

Surely wondering between Marčiulionis and Macijauskas just conforms the guy must be very young and most likely hasn't even seen any game of Marčiulionis live Štombergas never were at Šiškauskas' level - Šiškauskas was No.1 option at Euroleague's champs CSKA with his MVP season. Štombergas never was even close to that, though I surely agree he's third best Lithuanian SF in NT history. To include Jasaitis to the team and to cut Karnišovas - probably that were the bottom line where I basically had to ignore the poster, but I just came here with an idea that Mačiulis already passed Jasaitis when we talk about honourable players to mention. His contribution in 2010 bronze, 2012 Olympic qualification, 2013 silver (magnificent), 2014 4th place (very important) make me think Mačiulis stands as the 4th best small forward in Lithuanian basketball history now.
                    If we are still talking about 1992 and onwards (like in the beginning of the thread), then maybe yes, it might be Maciulis...or M.Zukauskas, only then Jasaitis

Regarding Siska vs Stomba, IMO Siska was better in his prime, but I wouldn't say that Stomba was "not even close" to him

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Regarding Siska vs Stomba, IMO Siska was better in his prime, but I wouldn't say that Stomba was "not even close" to him
                      Yeah, that was too harsh words surely! Just got exited while trying to put my argument out of the pocket.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Top NT scorers in post-war Eurobasket final tournaments after group stage

1 Karnisovas A 492
                        2 Jasikevicius S 405
                        3 Siskauskas R 347
                        4 Kalnietis M 322
                        5 Einikis G 305
                        6 Stombergas S 300
                        7 Sabonis A 280
                        8 Lavrinovic K 274
                        9 Kleiza L 267
                        10 Songaila D 247
                        11 Jasaitis S 242
                        12 Kaukenas R 240
                        14 Valanciunas J 227
                        15 Maciulis J 216
                        16 Javtokas R 204
                        19 Jankunas P 165
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                          Top NT scorers in post-war Eurobasket final tournaments after group stage

1 Karnisovas A 492
                          2 Jasikevicius S 405
                          3 Siskauskas R 347
                          4 Kalnietis M 322
                          5 Einikis G 305
                          6 Stombergas S 300
                          7 Sabonis A 280
                          8 Lavrinovic K 274
                          9 Kleiza L 267
                          10 Songaila D 247
                          11 Jasaitis S 242
                          12 Kaukenas R 240
                          14 Valanciunas J 227
                          15 Maciulis J 216
                          16 Javtokas R 204
                          19 Jankunas P 165
                          Karnisovas only played in 3 euro championships (1995-1997-1999).He scored 492 in 3 eurochamps? thats alot.Jasikevicius let say played in 6 euro champs and still scored less

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                            Karnisovas only played in 3 euro championships (1995-1997-1999).He scored 492 in 3 eurochamps? thats alot.Jasikevicius let say played in 6 euro champs and still scored less
                            He played in 1. long tournaments, 9 games each + 2. megastar era, then leaders averaged ~20 ppg (5 best single EC ppg averages are from 95 and 97 ECs)
                            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Kalnietis rises to 3rd place with 372, JV rises to 7th spot, passing Sabas with 293.

Off course if Sabas, Marciulionis, Karnisovas, Macijauskas played more Eurobasket tournaments they all would be at the top.

PS: At this point, I'm thinking Mindozas (and some others) will agree Kalnietis deserves to be a back-up for Šaras in all time NT. Kalnietis ended the tournament with 10,6 ppg, 7,8 assists, 3 rebounds. Not too shabby at all. Compared to 2013, his shooting is only a little bit worse and he increased TOs from 2,5 to 3,7 per game, but knowing that he increased assists number it's understandable. He beat the record of Eurobasket with 70 assists, his HOB was all time NT highest in the group stage (passing Šaras in 2003). Tu sup up, he basically overachieved coming to the NT after long rehab. Too bad the rotation was crappy and he was dead walking in the finals. Let's hope Kalnietis will have the best tournament in his career next summer!
                              Last edited by Straight forward; 09-22-2015, 10:26 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Kalnietis rises to 3rd place with 372, JV rises to 7th spot, passing Sabas with 293.

Off course if Sabas, Marciulionis, Karnisovas, Macijauskas played more Eurobasket tournaments they all would be at the top.

PS: At this point, I'm thinking Mindozas (and some others) will agree Kalnietis deserves to be a back-up for Šaras in all time NT. Kalnietis ended the tournament with 10,6 ppg, 7,8 assists, 3 rebounds. Not too shabby at all. Compared to 2013, his shooting is only a little bit worse and he increased TOs from 2,5 to 3,7 per game, but knowing that he increased assists number it's understandable. He beat the record of Eurobasket with 70 assists, his HOB was all time NT highest in the group stage (passing Šaras in 2003). Tu sup up, he basically overachieved coming to the NT after long rehab. Too bad the rotation was crappy and he was dead walking in the finals. Let's hope Kalnietis will have the best tournament in his career next summer!
                                I felt like Kazlauskas should have used Lekavicius a tiny bit more. He was not damaging the game and Kalnietis was walking zombie at the end of tournament. Still he performed better then I expected and helped Lithuania get silver.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information